FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » T-shirts

Author Topic: T-shirts
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
A place to list t-shirt slogans or whatever.

Here's one by a friend of mine:

http://www.cafeshops.com/fbod.12228504

Closer view of text:

http://www.cafeshops.com/fbod.12228504?zoom=yes#zoom

[ July 27, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Olivetta ]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite of the day:

"I'll vote Republican
When George W. Bush wins
The Nobel Peace Prize."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I'm sort of fond of : Puppies. They're what's for dinner

Though I wouldn't wear it.

And : Danger! Do NOt Look Into Laser With Remaining Eye

Seems like it'd be fun.

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand the slashers shirt.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a morbid joke:

Don't draw the attention of a slasher because right now, you are attractive and look good with other men.

Draw the attention of a slasher and you won't be attractive, nor will you look good with other men.

-Trevor

Edit: Wow, was I glad to be proven wrong.
Edit 2: Oh my god, "Harry Potter" erotic fanfiction? Quick, someone shoot me now.

[ July 27, 2004, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the one CT liked when she saw it on me Sunday:

I bet you'll VOTE this time HIPPIE (really should be seen to be appreciated)

Also...

SHORT PEOPLE - Last to get rained on. First to drown.

And of course...

NOT DEAD YET - The Resistance

[ July 27, 2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

I think they call the woman/woman fanfic "femmeslash". In my LotR webcrawling, I've stumbled on some mention of Arwen/Eowyn slashing, which I thought was bizarre in a real "Did you guys even read the same the book I did?" sort of way. Bizarre.

Actually, It's sort of bizarre that THAT would seem bizarre to me, since I've seen characters like Mulder/Krychek slashed and never batted an eye.

(D'oy! CT's link went into that already)

TMedina
Member # 6649

Just about any popular character is gonna get "slashed" in this context.

I'm just amused it was female writers pairing Kirk/Spock. (squick)

Although I have to admit, I still find the "Very Secret Diaries" to be some of the funniest fanfic out there to date.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

How about :

"Learn to Read! Ask me how."

Lisa has one on her site that says "Your logic does not resemble our Earth Logic."

I think a good Hatrack variant would be "Your Irony Does Not Resemble Our Earth Irony." [Big Grin]

J. Alfred Prufrock
Member # 6732

- posted      Profile for J. Alfred Prufrock   Email J. Alfred Prufrock         Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to love this one:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/57f0/

Also, this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/coder/6a20/

I really wouldn't wear the latter out in public, for obvious reasons, but I still think it's pretty clever. [Smile]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Yeah, the Kirk/Spock thing squicks me too. [Eek!] But I feel that way about almost anything Trek-related anymore. [Razz]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I like "Meddle not in the affairs of Ogres, for you are crunchy and taste like chicken" from my Everquest days.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Which is also the origin of the Slasher one, I'm sure.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Thinkgeek rocks for shirts. I want this one.

I also like the "Ph34r t3h Cute Ones" shirt at Megatokyo. I'd link to it, but they are moving their store right now.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

"Enemies move in predictable pattens"

"Don't upset the medic"

"If you're going to shoot it once, it's worth reloading"

-Trevor

zip
Member # 4710

- posted      Profile for zip   Email zip         Edit/Delete Post 
when i was in college i had a t shirt with a giant ';' on the front. When people asked me what it ment it told them that it was a warning that sometimes i was a colon [Smile]
Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I inherited a shirt from my bro-in-law that says, "I ran out of sick days so I called in dead." It is pretty beat-up, but makes a great exercise shirt. Seeing as I am a stay-at-home-mom, I wonder what sort of a message I am sending when I wear it?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Probably a better message than:

"Don't laugh; I thought the same thing until I had kids."

-Trevor

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the one I had saying "Intelligent food for intelligent people" and showing a whale in a hamburger. Alas, it got worn out to the point of unwearability.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
I want a t-shirt reading "Black Market Beagles."
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a shirt with the slogan "This is your brain", and showed a brain. Then it said "and THIS IS MINE!!!" with a brain about 4x as big. I always wore that shirt when I had tests at school.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite was an American Red Cross tshirt:

Starve a Mosquito. Donate Blood.

[ July 27, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: mackillian ]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Swiss flag t-shirt that people always mistake for the Red Cross. Dude, in the Red Cross logo, the cross is red.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Why don't you write books people can read?"--Nora Joyce.
CLASSIC
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
"Help, I've kidnapped myself! Give me $1,000,000 or you'll never see me again!"

"One by one the penguins are causing me to lose my sanity."

"Your village called, their idiot is missing."

And recently a friend of mine wore a t-shirt with the blue screen of death on it.

[Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.