FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Secret of Women's Intuition... REVEALED!!!

Author Topic: The Secret of Women's Intuition... REVEALED!!!
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
You know why it seems like women are really good at predicting bad things that will happen? Like that time that Aunt Nelly TOTALLY SAID that that guy who was mowing our lawn looked kind of weird a WHOLE WEEK BEFORE he got fined for jaywalking?? [Eek!]

It's been my observation that a whole lot of women, myself included, worry about random stuff ALL THE TIME. Like, as often as a man thinks about sex, a woman is worrying that her car is going to break down, or her hair will catch on fire, or she'll leave the garage door open all day allowing those little punk kids down the street to steal all of the geraniums she's been saving for a sunny day...

And so it's just a matter of time before one of these constant random worries actually happens.... the sheer amount of possible catastrophes running through a woman's mind makes it improbable that at least one of them wouldn't actually happen.

So there you have it, Women's Intuition unmasked!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is amusing given Bev's discussion of faith or strong belief in something affecting the world at large.

Although this must only apply to women for as often as I think about sex, I've yet to receive an indecent proposal. [Big Grin]

Well, there was that one girl who thought I was an exotic dancer.... [Eek!]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Zeugma, I once drove a girlfriend who claimed she was psychic even more batty than she already was by writing down her predictions and pointing out whenever she was wrong. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Just how often DO men think about sex? I mean, really?

I've read the studies, but those guys (for the studies) were being asked to track their thoughts, so of course they are going to think about it more when they have to make the physical effort to record each thought -- more aware of it.

Farmgirl
(who tries to never worry)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ballantrae
Member # 6731

- posted      Profile for ballantrae   Email ballantrae         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, but what I really want to know is this - what do Women REALLY want????!!!!

-ron

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

What do women want? Yeah, right.

As to how often men think about sex? In my case, not so much - but then I've always considered myself something of an abberation.

But the stereotype was easy to make a joke on. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Women want what everyone wants : happiness. Of couse the things they put in this word is different for each one, so trying to understand one woman has more chances of succes than trying to understand women. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have women's intuition. Everytime I get a creepy feeling absolutely nothing happens. At least I will always be able to tell when an event will be utterly boring.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I can't even imagine how annoying you must have been.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always wished that the Amazing Randi didn't have the market on professional skepticism locked up.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Farmgirl, there are some things you don't want to know. Trust me. [Smile]

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I can't speak for all men, but for me, well, now.

and now.

and again now.

oh, and twice right then.

and once when I was typing right then.

and now

and now.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
See. I told you.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd say that i's about as often as men think at all. [Razz]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

When I think about sex, I'm not thinking specifics but rather things of a sexual nature.

I don't watch a woman walk past and think, "gee - that color matches her eyes."

Mostly I'm thinking, yum. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

and now
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I take back my last post. Men don't really "think" about sex that much. Most of our "thinking" about sex happens when we aren't thinking at all.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

ohh, and now.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan is lying. He missed about 17 nows in the time between those posts.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm surprised. Learn something new every day, I guess. [Eek!]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.