FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's all been done

Author Topic: It's all been done
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like all there is to say has been said...all there is to do has been done...any witty reply is just like the last one or derivative of another...so this is apathy [Confused]
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

What in blue hell are you talking about?

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Why blue hell?

Personally, I think mauve hell is chronically underrated.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

I'm talking about the very reason our species needs to be wiped out....all of our knowledge or lack of knowledge...a clean slate so that life could be new and interesting at least to those few survivors...I'm talking about a call to arms!!
I'm talking about the senseless slaughter of any and everyone unable to defend themselves.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...dude.

Seek help. Professional therapy would be a good start.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

Too costly...its exactly the reason they need to be first. They are weak and ill equipped to protect themselves...hidden behind a technobabble of so-called logic. yes they will be the first to feel the wrath of the revolution!
Starla*
Member # 5835

Blue because it's the hottest part of the flame. And 'cause it's purdy. But mauve is a nice idea.

Yes--do get help. Go outside. Take a walk. Smell a flower.

Life is what you make of it. And our species never knew much to begin with anyway.

And if you're saying that you've been hatracking for too long today--turn the computer off, and go for a walk. It's the best thing you can do [Smile]

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought this was going to be a Barenaked Ladies thread.

What a let down.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

Oi! You sound like my stepfather.

Who is really equipped for something of that sort. Only those who have had survival training and are emotionally strong enough to handle it for a long period of time (like, FOREVER). Too much of society has relied on machines and such to go about life.

I say this as I type on my laptop in my house with electricity and indoor plumbing with food killed by someone else in my fridge and clothes sewn by someone else.

MacBeth
Member # 5670

I guess I'm just overbored...I accidentally scratched my wife with a cat...I didn't mean to now she's mad and not talking to me for the night...I already drove around till I got lost then drove some more...I had to turn around on one of the craziest two tracks I've never seen.
Then it got dark and the mosquitos tried carrying away my car. No really I live in Michigan and you can never be sure around those things...I hiked in the woods played with my nunchuks until I nearly got carried away as well...All the same I think some villains really did have good intentions...I suppose one must look at what their notion of good and evil are...who do they benifit?

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
You and me both, BtL...

Crap. Now I've got "It's all Been Done" stuck in my head.

You go your way,
I'll go mine
And I'll see you
Next tiiiiime

WoohooHOO!

It's all been done.

WoohooHOO!

It's all been done.

WoohooHOO!

It's all been done before.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Scratched with a cat?
Naw... it hasn't been all done before... There's plenty of new stuff under the sun, people just need to discover them.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! We got us a nihilist! Quick, everybody, take pictures, but don't get too close.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

see what I mean? Completely derivative of everything else...not an original thought exists...I'm sure of it
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
At what point, exactly, do you think that original thought stopped?

(And wouldn't that first "It's all been done before" thought be original... ?)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"No really I live in Michigan and you can never be sure around those things...I hiked in the woods played with my nunchuks until I nearly got carried away as well..."

This is, I'm pretty sure, how the Michigan Militia got started.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I love.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings*
On a thirtieth century night
Will I see you on The Price Is Right
Will I cry?
Will I smile?
As you run down the aisle?

Woo-hoo-hooo
It's all been done
Woo-hoo-hooo
It's all been done
Woo-hoo-hooo
It's all been done before

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
And if I put my fingers here
And if I say I love you dear
And if I play the same three songs
Will you just yawn and say...

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Wooo!

It's all been done!

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
MacB,

I beg to differ. I can't say why exactly, just that I'm pretty sure the most bottommest turtle doesn't know YOUR name yet.

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, TomDavidson, does MacBeth qualify as ironic? [Wink]
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it comes pretty close. If he's deliberately trolling, though, no. [Frown]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
We could all hang out here until we're so old that the only thing to get excited about is a bowel movement.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

Been there. Done that. [Angst]
fallow
Member # 6268

hopefully not after Stankillery did it.
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so that's what happened to Stan the Man. I thought he was out to sea on his aircraft carrier.

I'll have to spray some Glade next time.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

Febrezio, please! Stanky.
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I thought this was going to be a Barenaked Ladies thread.

What a let down.

Yeah, me too. Here I was all set to say, "Hey, they used that song as the opening theme for 'Baby Blues'. Man, that was such an awesome show! Does anyone know if that's available on DVD?"

But I guess I can't say that now, since that would be threadjacking. [Frown]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay. Some threads deserve to be jacked.

And, that was weird. I was actually listening to the Stunt CD when I opened this topic, though I was already to Alcohol...

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
MacBeth, you are just too cute! [Group Hug]

Just remember there are First Ones out there and Jumpgates to be discovered.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.