FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movie Questions, *spoliers*

Author Topic: Movie Questions, *spoliers*
Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

- posted      Profile for Son_of_Priam   Email Son_of_Priam         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody. I was think last night about pretty much all the movies that i've ever seen, and I figured you guys could atleast give me your thoughts on them. (as I've previously said, there are some spoilers)

The 6th Sense- When bruce willis's character first apeared to the child who could see dead people ( I haven't watched the movie in so long I've forgotten his name) why didn't he look like he got shot if everyone else did?

Signs- I remember on the news show the characters were watching it said that the people in india or some eastern country like that found a primative cure to beat the aliens, and I thought that maybe those monsoon rains that are in india every year could have come when the aliens were there and that was how they found that water could beat those alien dudes.

The Shawshanke Redemption- In the beginning of the movie when Red gets denied parole all those times, was it your opinion that they were deniying him parole because he was black or just because they really thought he was still a danger to society

Secret Window- I know that the character of John Shooter was a character that Mort Rainey cooked up because of his agression at his wife, for cheating on him, But why did Shooter keep that whole plagarism bit going, could it have been Rainey's misplaced guilt at plagerising that story years ago, which was something they only hinted at throughout the movie.

What do you guys think about these ideas or questions?

Posts: 73 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
The Village If Lucius (Joaquim Pheonix's character) knew all along that the "monster" was actually Noah (Adrien Brody's character) why did he wait until after Ivy was killed to tell anyone.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
why didn't he look like he got shot if everyone else did?
I think everyone else knew that they had been killed. Once Willis' character realized it, the gunshot wound became visible.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Red in the previous parol boards still wanted to get free and was putting on an act or rehearsed statement. The board could tell.

It was only after he was broken and didn't care if he stayed or was let free did the board trust him.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen any of the others but Shawshank.

ShawshankIt seemed that he was denied parole because he didn't really believe what he was saying. That he was just trying to tell them what he thought they wanted to hear.

They released him at the end because he was too old to be a menace and he was telling the truth.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I'm never too old to be a menace.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't be a menace to South Central.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Yo yo yo... silly-fresh gumby-go!
Word.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
The Sixth Sense - It was covered by his sweater. he was only wearing his shirt when he was shot. Thoughout the movie, after he's been killed, he's only seen wearing articles of clothing he was wearing the day he was shot.

Dobbie, I hate you.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
And I am making a concerted effort to forget. I suppose it's my own fault, but I didn't think it would be CURRENT movie spoilers in this thread.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It probaly was guilt, or perhaps Mort Rainey needed some sort of excuse to let this crazy part of him take over. Plagerism could be used to justify burning his own house down and doing such horrible things...

in Sixth Sense it seemed like he had disguised the exit wound even from himself. I want to see that movie again sometime...

As for Shawshank, I agree. I think it seemed like Red was lying about not being a threat. Plus, by the time he got paroled it was a different time, differet era so they responded better to his honesty.

[ July 30, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't trust Dobbie.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
In the SixthSense there were three central characters, with the director shifting between their viewpoints to conceal the mystery.
The wife didn't see ghosts.
The psychiatrist didn't see ghosts because he didn't expect to see them. He also didn't expect to see a fatal wound in himself, and so didn't.
The kid saw ghosts. Had the kid's viewpoint of the psychiatrist been shown, Willis woulda been running around with a gaping wound.

[ July 30, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
In case anyone was wondering, I haven't seen
The Village, and I have no idea what happens.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean in Sixth Sense Bruce Willis is dead?????
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Next thing you'll tell me is that the chick in Crying Game is a dude.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.