FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yuck. Warning: WHINING INSIDE.

Author Topic: Yuck. Warning: WHINING INSIDE.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What a crappy day. I am just entirely out of sorts and feel like I have been fighting with everyone I come in contact with, that I am too vehement, forceful, and just don't know when to shut the f*** up, back off, gracefully give in.

I am wound tighter than - hell, I don't even know what to compare it to.

And there is no reason to be so cranky and feeling like I will snap at any minute.

The more judgemental I get with myself, the worse I am with others, which of course goes in a vicious circle that I really don't know how to break - usually it breaks me first, I cry, I move on. But I'm really tired of feeling stuck in the terrible twos.

I should be a happy camper. There is absolutely NOTHING to be unhappy about. And a;; I can seem to do is grit my teeth, clench my fists, holler at my kid, snarl at people - unless I just ignore them . . . .

I hate feeling this way. I hate it.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
Try meditating--then do some yoga positions. You'll feel better. [Big Grin] promise.
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Ha Ha.

Does lifting a beer up to one's mouth count?

[Razz]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* you're one of my favorite hatrackers.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
shan-enfant,

terrible news.

The tests came back, and it appears you are incurably adversarial. Take 2 sips and call me in the morning.

*scribbles arcane notes on pad and leaves*

doc fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*commences pounding fists and heels on floor with great abandon*

Much healthier than this common adult practice . . . [Wall Bash]

Edit to include: Sniff - really,blackwolv? thank you. /Sniff

*wipes tears from eyes and sighs deeply*

[ July 31, 2004, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

fallow
Member # 6268

*slips into something more comfortable*

shan,

the good news is... well, how should I put this?

[Angst]

you're a MUSE!

shan [Kiss] fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

[Blushing]
fallow
Member # 6268

[Cool]

This white horse is gonna take a cantor 'round the pasture and head for the stable.

*warning: whinneys inside*

fallow

Shan
Member # 4550

Is this where I get to pretend Prince Charming on his white charger with shining armor has swept me off my feet?

*Waits with breathless anticipation*

Edit: horrible late-night typing

[ July 31, 2004, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Shan ]

blacwolve
Member # 2972

"I can capture my own damsel, Thank you!"

We had our second performance of Into the Woods tonight. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I've never heard of that - do you have a link?
Shan
Member # 4550

Is it this, blackwolv? the show

Looks like great fun! How'd it go?

blacwolve
Member # 2972

Yep, that's it.

Pretty good, it's a kids show and the kids have improved so much since we started. Tonight wasn't our best performance but the audience was great, so it didn't matter.

It's a theatre camp and this has to be the best group of kids I've ever worked with. They're so mature! They keep on doing little things that you don't notice until they all pile up and then you're just like, "wow!"

Sorry, I get a bit carried away, this has been my life for two weeks now, it's hard not to go on and on.

Shan
Member # 4550

*Sighs*

*Decides fallow really meant cantor as in cantor and begins humming medieval religious music somberly*

*Wonders which mode would work best to completely slaughter "Someday My Prince Will Come" - decides on aeolian as simplest . . . *

Shan
Member # 4550

My colleague has two children involved in the community summer theatre productions here in Oly - it looks like great fun on the outside, and as I recall from school days long ago, it's lots of work!

Good for you!

fallow
Member # 6268

quote:
Is this where I get to pretend Prince Charming on his white charger with shining armor has swept me off my feet?
apparently not. [Wall Bash]

*yanks on a fresh pair of rubber gloves*

fallow

Shan
Member # 4550

*Quivers in fright*
fallow
Member # 6268

*washes Shan's dishes*

Argh!

*removes eyepatch to inspect unclean plate*

rrruh?

Shan
Member # 4550

*Yawns mightily*

*Curls up on a pile of straw and drifts off to sleep in the firm conviction that the coming morrow will be low-key and pleasant . . .*

After all, tomorrow IS another day

*Lifts tear-stained face from garish red carpet in hope-filled anguish*

(The drama of it all! God! I love the drama!)

[Big Grin]

Shan
Member # 4550

*Interrupts her dreams long enough to smile beatifically and hug fallow in thanks . . .

(((fallow)))

fallow
Member # 6268

*rummages through kitchen drawers*

*plucks out magnifying glass*

*examines recalcitrant residue on plate*

[Angst]

*tosses implement aside, throws arms wide, and looks skyward*

KAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I snapped at the nurse who was giving me my hepatitis shot. Granted, she had managed to lose my paperwork, couldn't tell the time from my watch (she read 14:03 as 1:40) and insisted on telling me when "twenty minutes from now" was going to be up, as though I can't add four and twenty, but still. [Embarrassed] I much prefer the regular nurse.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

pretty much.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.