FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Passing the Foobonic Torch

Author Topic: Passing the Foobonic Torch
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been unsuccessfully co-moding Foobonic for a while. However, I now have no time. Therefore, I'm resigning as co-mod and choosing a successor.

Your responsibilities would be, essentially, to upload pics sent to you by fellow Hatrackers, make sure no one runs amok by spamming comments and being generally insulting for no perceivable reason, marking things as inappropriate for those under 18 if it hasn't already been marked, adding new albums for users and assigning privleges, and just keeping things tidy. You get all admin privledges, and the cool thing is you can put your album on the front page, top.

Anyone interested in being my successor, either post here or e-mail me at Antonia.Dodge@gmail.com

I'll choose someone very soon (as I have pics sent to me just sort of waiting in my inbox to be uploaded and don't have time, dagnabit), not entirely arbitrarily but not entirely discriminately, either. You can even tell me why you think you'd be a good mod.

As usual, pandering and bribes always accepted in the Dodge household. Check or money orders only.

[ July 31, 2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry]

*sniffle* It's the end of an era....

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
When you felt you were doing the job as it needed to be done, how much time (per week, perhaps) would you spend on it? If it's not incredibly time-intensive, I could probably squeeze it into my schedule. Plus it will make me think of you.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Moose - It varies, of course. Sometimes I would spend an hour just organizing and moving stuff aboot. There were times when ten people would send their pics at once. Then, other times, I wouldn't have to think about it at all for a couple of weeks.

If you want it, Moose, it's yours. You would be perfect.

(Thanks for saying that lovely thing about it making you think of me. Look - pandering! It works! [Razz] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww....we gets no Ralphie lovin'. [Frown]

Thanks for all your efforts on Hatrack's foobonic stuff! [Hat]

Like Papa said, how much time do you think needs to be spent on it? I would probably have time to do it, but before volunteering, I'd like to have a better idea of how much time it takes to do it well. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, man. Lusti would be great, too.

I dinnit think I'd get such great people volunteering, to be honest. I'll probably choose the first person who definitively says, "I'll take it."

ludosti
Member # 1772

Well, since Moose responded first, I think he has first rights. [Smile]

If Papa is unable to squeeze it into his schedule, I can do it. I'm sure I'd have time for an hour a week (but I couldn't commit to an hour a day [Wink] )

[ July 31, 2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
If lusti wants it, it's all hers. If she decides she doesn't want the gig, and nobody else is willing or able, I'll offer. But I'm definitely not lobbying for the position -- I'd pander to Ralphie shamelessly for no other reason than she's the shizzle with the rack.

--Pop

P.S. I meant of the 'Rack. Of. Yeah, that's definitely what I meant.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I would take it after the two of them (I have mucho internet time these days), but I'm making some huge changes in my life lately. Namely, getting married and joining the Air Force. I won't have any internet time in a few months.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] Glynn?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
<shrugs> Sorry, I'm just not much for big hatrack threads all about how awesome I am and how cool the next thing I'm doing is.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

[Cool]

You go, girl.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
With Ralphie gone, who is going to digitally touch up my pictures to make me look like Tom Cruise? [Cry]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

You're in luck, Baren! I'm pretty good with Photoshop (not as good as Glynn but he's all getting married and stuff anyway) [Big Grin]

Oh and Ralphie, "I'll take it"! If I get your job does that mean I get your rack too? Pretty please! [Kiss]

[ August 01, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

It's good that ludosti desires the torch, since it has been determined that my schedule doesn't afford me enough extra time for this.

--Pop

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
And Pop wouldn't look as good with Ralphie's rack.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
It truly is the end of an era.

Lusti, you go girl!

You will be missed in this position Ralphie.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
Where does The D send his pics?

The D.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, PC doesn't make whole threads like that. He expresses how awesome and superior he is by putting down the conversations of others [Smile] .
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
And Zevlag is right, it is the end of an era.

But wait a second...nobody said anything about getting Ralphie's rack with the job! That just casts this thing in a whole new light.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Or a whole new shadow.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
So do we still mail stuff to Hatrack at foobonic?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Good question....
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I want back in the album. [Smile] Does anyone know where I mail my photos to?
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it's hatrack@foobonic.com That's where I've sent some that aren't uploaded yet.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Okay, I was simply awaiting a response from Andre.

Lusti - you got it, sweetie-pie. Thank you to the people who volunteered in this thread and via e-mail. Lusti, I'll get you hooked up so that the requests are automatically forwarded to you, and you're on your way. I'll send your e-mail addy to Andre to work it out. I'm using the one in your profile, and I'll have him touch bases with you.

And the good new is, guys, that once Lusti is at the helm, you won't have to wait for stupid, slow Ralphie anymore. [Smile]

[ August 06, 2004, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Note to the above poster: insults to Ralphie are not taken kindly here. Please retract yours.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Ralphie. Miss you.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

I am the lizard queen!!!

Oh, wait, I'm just a second-rate Ralphie wannabe.... [Big Grin]

We miss you Ralphie. [Cry]

tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Ludosti, when you get a minute, can you please remove the picture of mine that is entitled "cousins"? Thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves a torch for ralphie*
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*holds boombox above head*
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
lusti, plenty of stuff to keep you busy in your inbox. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

FYI - Andre and Lusti are corresponding. The torch is nearly passed. We'll keep you posted.

rivka - The single advantage to being Ralphie is that you can slam Ralphie with impunity.

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

It's just not the same without you Ralphie. I was going to make a very risque joke about slamming you with impunity but my better judgement is stopping me from doing it.

I need more bad influences in my life.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

As I remember, it used to be me encouraging you to be naughty, and then playfully slapping you on the wrist with my fan when you were especially naughty.

Remember - CyberDan always has impunity.

(And, [Wave] Sandy.)

fallow
Member # 6268

fan?
Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
rivka - The single advantage to being Ralphie is that you can slam Ralphie with impunity.
*glare* No, no you cannot. I'll impugn you!

*refrains from e-hug* Miss ya. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Shh, Rivka. Shh. Some of us are busy imagining Ralphie slamming Ralphie, with and without impunity.

Aw yeah...

I'm so changing my name to Ralphie.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I would have offered, but I haven't been checking forums recently. I do work 40 hour weeks, but I have a good amount of spare time.

I could put 7 hours a week in this, but ludosti's probably a better choice, seeing as how I would probably "edit" some of the pictures sent in.
[Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

picturesque fandom?

picaresque?

picker-risquededness?

*picks nose and leaves*

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I would like to know how much space is available for each user at foobonics, and how I could set up an account over there.
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Ok, I think the torch should complete its passing later tonight (when Andrei gets my login all setup). The email relay has been set up and appears to be functional.

Ralphie - If you've got pics that haven't yet been uploaded, can you just forward them to me (or just send them again to hatrack at foo)? Or shall I have everyone re-email them?

And yes, hatrack at foobonic is where they get sent (to get relayed to me).

Man, these are some serious bra cups to be filling here..... [Wink]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Eduardo - the last time I checked, Foobonic was not setting up albums for people temporarily. It had grown far too fast, and so Andre put a freeze on it.

However, as a Hatracker, you can submit your pics to be set up in the Hatracker album to be displayed. But you don't get permissions or the ability to edit them. You have to go through the mod. Which is now Lusti. [Smile]

Lusti - I got your e-mail, and I'll send you particulars later.

btw, guys - Lusti is going to be a far better mod than I. I can tell.

ludosti
Member # 1772

*sings* I've got the power!!!

[Evil Laugh]

peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Amanda

Congrats on receiving the full responsibility.

... and Ralphie, does this mean that since you won't be working so much on Foobonic, you'll be posting more here? [/hopeful]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.