FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » DarnYouTomDavidson

Author Topic: DarnYouTomDavidson
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes fist*
!!!

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a really long word. [Confused]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes on the other hand always makes me smile [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]
Tom you are contrary above and beyond playing devils advocate...Your opinion is nearly ALWAYS contrary. your two cents tend to burn a hole in my pocket and thru to my leg.
Furthermore
grrr

[ August 02, 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: MacBeth ]

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
burning??? [Confused]

Well, I will say that TomD does leave an indelible mark on all those lucky enough to get to interact with him... [Wink]

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
So does a boulder. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Oh hell.

I just sent a snippy email to ABCnews.com because I took issue with one of their phrasings.

An assault rifle is not a machine gun.

And just to prove this is on topic, I'm learning to appreciate the finer points of nuance. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In a way, MacBeth is right; my opinion is usually pretty contrary to his.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hmmm.. I pictured MacBeth as female..

TomD - your opinion is usually very contrary to mine, as well, but it certainly doesn't keep me up nights worrying, or burn any holes in my pockets...

In fact, despite our philosophical differences, I think you're a pretty great guy....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it takes two people to create a contrary opinion.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmmm.. I pictured MacBeth as female..

:re-reads "in the past" thread with new eyes:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Those must be some eyes considering the thread appears to have been deleted.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You're right -- I am mistaken. It was just an assumption on my part.

In the newbie thread (other side) MacBeth says:

quote:
went thru a few name changes since then and realized that dental assissting for a male is a pipe dream
so MacBeth is a guy...

Farmgirl

TMedina
Member # 6649

Bob.

[No No]

-Trevor

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm... sorry?

(what'd I do?)

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's upset with you for holding up the Overlook game.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I don't know why the thread was deleted, but it was - and I think it was moving into murky waters.

The less said about it, the better.

Unless MacBeth wants to bare his soul here, in which case I'll go back to lurking.

-Trevor

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Verily, verily, thus saith the Dude-- inasmuch as ye have procrastinated the day of thy posting, ye shall be struck with the fury of many lizards.

I mean it.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I will say That Tom's opinions of people and their motives can be very squirm-inducing, at least for the people involved.

He once said something about my habit of going too far then 'self-flagellating', and it was so true I just wanted to hide. [Smile] (He worded it much more neutrally than that, and wasn't making value judgments. Or seemed not to be, anyway).

Other people have mentioned being expertly pegged by Tom, and having the same reaction. [Smile] But we still love him. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I was expertly pegged by Tom once. It was in the foggy alleyways of Singapore, after a long night of hauling freight. He talked to me gently, bought me drinks, and, finally, made me a man.

What a minute, what were we talking about?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

Dang it, milk does not taste good in the nose.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
That is SO VERY NOT what I meant. [Blushing]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
When skimming through incredibly long-winded threads, I always slow down to read what Tom has to say. I agree a good half of the time, but mostly I love how he can sum up what a lot of people have to write an essay about in 2 sentences. My ADHD loves Tom.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, I agree with what Tom says most of the time, because I totally agree with his line of logic. The problem generally lies in the starting place. [Smile]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't afford to pay off ALL of you! Now stop it! [Razz]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Hah! We have two cases of fluid being expelled in a violent and partially painful manner!

And I wasn't party to causing either, more's the pity. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

[ROFL]

Good Job Chris. That's two and counting. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Any day I can get Olivetta to blush and advice and CT to expel fluids at the same time is a good day.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would assume Macbeth is a man more than a woman. The play Macbeth is about a man, maybe that's why Tom assumed Macbeth was a man because Tom's got some English degree (I think I remember that, anyway).

Then again, maybe MacBeth was emphasizing the Beth part because of the female aspect.

Hmmm. I think I'll just leave MacBeth as an asexual figure in my sim.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.