FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The 'On this page for maybe a day' Thread!

Author Topic: The 'On this page for maybe a day' Thread!
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Because i'm not popular.

I'm not Tom or Tsmith. I'm not Lalo or Thor or Ralphie or Hobbes, so i'm not cool enough to respond to. I'm not in the 'popular' jatraquero group. So i'm tossed aside and viewed as unimportant. And though I may have something important to talk about or or a good topic, it's overlooked just because i'm not on here enough to be one of the cool members. So what happens? This thread or any of my other threads drop off the first page before hardly anyone gets a look at it, cause no one cares about what I think, you're all so caught up in yourselves it's pathetic. I think it's BS and all of you should be ashamed of yourselves..

-Jack Montague
....ashamed of yourselves for falling for something like this.. - c'mon, I know I had to have raised a few eyebrows. I love you guys, heheh. (if anyone is still confused--> I was kidding.) You guys are the most open minded people I know and the only ones I can run to sometimes.. and I thank you all for being who you are.

[ August 03, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Pepek ]

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats the first time I've ever been thought of on the same level, and same sentence as Tom. I must be getting more cool.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
DarnYouTSmith!

*shakes fist*

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Pepek* Oh honey - what exactly would it mean to be popular here? Notoriety is not the same thing as respect, and no memory of having starred atone for later disregard or keeps the end from being hard.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

*nods and smiles happily, pretending to understand what she just said*

-Jack Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure, but I think she was saying that, for example, if you were to be so popular that you had a whole bunch of tribute threads all on the same day and then later nobody seemed to know who you were or how to use the "New Topic" button on your forum it would be much worse for you than if you had just coasted comfortably unpopular the whole time.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

Ooooooh. True true.

*nods and smiles for real this time*

-Jack Montague

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, ok...he was kidding...all is well in the world.

[Smile]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ooo, can I join?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
The support group is only for people who aren't Tom, Tsmith, Lalo or Thor or Ralphie or Hobbes. You're T_Smith. Ergo...well...guess you can [Dont Know]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You're just prejudice.
Pepek
Member # 3773

No.. just Smithudice..

-Jack Montague

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Or give thanks Alex, I'm not sure which. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute.

When did Lalo become as cool as me, dammit.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I am uncool. No arguments, or else i'll...darn.

[ August 04, 2004, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
No one is as cool as Ralphie.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka,

ralphie's a lost cause. what's the point in bringing up that stale cow of a persona?

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Well I quit those days and my redneck ways...

ooooH! change is gonna do me good!

Get back, honkey cat!

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

*spanks phanto*

no, butt seriously. I can't understand the fascination with this egocentric fairweather phanster.

phallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
The fallow is unable to resist Phanto's powers. 'Tis simple as green.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fallow
Member # 6268

phanto,

libertine, decolletage, fraterni-zine.

2-oughta-3 ain't bad.

fallow

Pepek
Member # 3773

I need to understand your guys's language before I can be cool.. I didn't understand the last few posts at all..
*shrugs* I wonder if the people that wrote them even understood them.. it is fallow..

-Jack Montague

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hmmm...maybe we, the uncool, could starting using t-shirts ("I'm Uncool, and you?" or something like that), and advertise some "uncool products", so, maybe, one day it'll be cool to be uncool.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Angst]

Sweet of you to say though. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the uncoolness* [Cool]

Why isn't Rivka on the cool list? [No No]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

*blinks* .. Oddly, the 'Uncool' clothing line actually sounds like an idea that would probably rake in a lot of dough from the teenage demographic..

-Jack Montague

Heh.. Rivka isn't on there because I just chose some of the more frequent names I was looking at on one of those 'Chicken Crossing the Road' threads... - Which we all know, the chicken crossed to the other side, because the 'cool' side wasn't cool anymore, it's all about the Uncool side now days..

[ August 04, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Pepek ]

advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I wasn't on the cool list. I'm the most popular poster here. Get it straight. Geez.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

My country usually is hot, but since its winter now (south hemisphere), its kinda cool, here. [Big Grin]
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a teenager, and i would definetly buy that uncool stuff. Maybe because i am uncool.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hmmm...maybe I shoud register the idea? [Wink] - But I'm sure someone, somewhere, had this idea before.

I like funny t-shirts, and I own some, such as "Don't rob me. I'm a teacher."

Pepek
Member # 3773

*bumps the thread just to spite the title of it*

Hah, hillarious shirt thing.. poor teachers...

I dig the uncoolness, seriously, I want it to be done.. someone, chop chop, get to it- or someone tell me how to claim the name or idea.

-Jack Montague

katharina
Member # 827

Notoriety does not equal coolness. Baldar was pretty well known as well.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Who was (is) Baldar? [Dont Know]
katharina
Member # 827

Prolific, educated, vitrolic, nasty, and banned.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Day 3 of The 'On this page for maybe a day' Thread
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

How about changing the title for something like "On this page for 'many' a day"? [Big Grin]
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Too late! Already made it a dobie! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.