FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pigskin Pick'em (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Pigskin Pick'em
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing lousy at the NFL picks - but much better on the college picks. Which is really strange since I haven't been following college ball hardly at all -- I just put lots of points on Oklahoma and/or Iowa and let it go at that...
[Big Grin]
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kwea, that 'rookie's team' seems pretty good. [Wink] I guess that stopped clock is right twice in two weeks.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of pretty good, how about those Skins? [Smile]
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally winning a game doesn't quite qualify as "good"...
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

The newly re-loaded Bills, however, look like they could threaten just about anyone. McGahee and Evans both contributed big time yesterday. Bledsoe finally had time to throw and made some good throws in the crazy winds at the Ralph. This sort of performance is what was expected from the first of the year.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so ticked off at Pigskin Pick 'em right now. I KNOW I selected the Redskins. It's automatic, no matter who they're playing. And I double check it.

There's 3 or 4 other teams I'm almost positive I pciked the other way on (one is a game I would have lost). I don't know why my picks got so screwed up.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Lee Evans! ::does the Lee Evans happy dance, which looks suspiciously like all my other happy dances::

Still on top, if only for another week. Here's hoping I don't massively bomb the next few weeks, no pun intented. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

quote:
Finally winning a game doesn't quite qualify as "good"...
Hey, that's two in a row, counting the game they (by any fair rules) won last week... [Smile]
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anybody else sick of the ESPN Sunday night commentary team? They just get more irritating every week. Paul "IgottatellyaWatchhisfeetwatchhisfeet!!" Bryant, Mike "Holy Cow!" Patrick, Joe "I don't think he had possession" Theismann. And Susie "I wanna talk over the top of the play!!" Kolber. They get in the way of the game, instead of enhancing it and making it more enjoyable. Time for a change.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Yeah, the ESPN guys are terrible. Especially because I like all the commentators of the games I got to see yesterday. Madden is doing a great job this year too.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda liked Susie's haircut this week...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes it worse for me is that the Sunday night game (along with MNF, and Madden and Michaels are great) on ESPN is the only Sunday game we get down here (New Zealand), so I'm stuck with them every week.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Well, we didn't say Susie was ugly, just one of the many annoyances. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag....

Funny isn't it? How many of your WINS were mistakes by ESPN then?

Or was it only the losses that were wrong... [Roll Eyes]

[Evil]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Well, he did say one of them was a game he would've lost instead of won. [Razz] [Big Grin]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I know, but I am talking about the weeks where he killed us, not just this week.

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Carry on then. [Big Grin]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I don't know, Kwea. It's the first week I've noticed it, but of course it's the first week I've absolutely sucked.

Fair question, and I'm not trying to change my score. I just think it's weird.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I was just kidding, Dag...it happens to us all.

I thought I had picked the Eagles to win this week, but when checked it I was wrong....

Then I remembered I did a few things different this week trying to make up some points by choosing some "unusual" picks this week.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

So can Dallas pull it off, with a home-field advantage, over the nearly undefeated Philadephia team? I'm such a loyalist, but that is even stretching it for me....

Does K.C. have any chance at all with Holmes sidelined with an injury? I'm not banking on it..

So many decisions to be made!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

This should be an interesting week, that is for sure.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

[Mad]

I had a meltdown....the worse this season...so far...

I lost 6 games by less than 7 points, too.

Kwea

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Darn - down by 5 now. I might have to stop picking the Redskins every week.

Naaaaah.

Dagonee

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

As Kwea said..
For most of us, the games we lost were by very close margins -- just a handful of points. That really surprised me

Farmgirl

Xaposert
Member # 1612

Fourth place now.. here I come! (Don't say I didn't warn you. [Wink] )
Carrie
Member # 394

A stunningly average week. Boo on us.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I did bad in the college picks too, though I did them Saturday morning 5 minutes before it closed, and didn't research like normal.

Auburn *needs* to lose!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Michigan first, then Utah, then Auburn.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Xap, even a broken watch is right twice a day.....

This makes once for you.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Carrie, what did you do this season, sell you soul?

I think last week was the low point...at least I hope so. It can only het better from there, winning only 5 killed me.

Well, I thought I was dead in the water this week too, as I lost 5 of the first 6 games that were done earlier....

Then I won all the rest. [Big Grin]

Too bad I am competing against people who are in the 95th percentile ranking....

Oh, and you too, Tres...

[ November 22, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Jeni
Member # 1454

I forgot to make my picks this week. [Frown] I haven't figured out how yet, but I'm going to find a way to blame it on Tresopax.

[ November 22, 2004, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

This week was pretty easy to pick. Though I wouldn't have thought the Rams to be so unproductive... Oh, well. Two wrong (barring anything massively hilarious... I mean disastrous, yeah) on the week's not half bad.

I didn't sell my soul for this; it was sold long ago. [Wink]

TheTick
Member # 2883

Awww yeah, now that's the kind of week I needed. That was the Bills team everyone expected this week, especially in the second half. Finally picked them when they won and not when they lost. Did anyone see the McGahee TD that was called back?
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I forgot to play this week, too
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey don't forget that there is a Thursday game this week folks.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Looks like a pretty even week. Go Willis!
BannaOj
Member # 3206

crap I forgot to get my picks in last week. I've been swamped. And I did awful on the college picks too. going downhill!

AJ

Dagonee
Member # 5818

There's not much time to make up ground on the Bombs.
TheTick
Member # 2883

Yeah, there needs to be a bad week. For everyone but me. [Evil]
Carrie
Member # 394

Two words:

Boo. Yah.

Well, mostly. Stupid snow in stupid Denver with stupid Broncos not keeping their stupid ten-point lead in the stupid game I wanted stupid them to win. Grr...

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, I'm screwed. None of my picks stuck - it's all on visitors.

And I know I put in my picks, because I went back in and switched the Redskins pick, and at that point I had more home teams than visitors selected.

Ah, well. It was fun being in second while it lasted.

Dagonee
P.S., It was more fun being in first while it lasted. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

None opf mine stucha t all. it has a np in front of all the teams...I didn't even get to have the default picks of home teams.

No points at all, to be honest.

Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

None opf mine stucha t all. it has a np in front of all the teams...I didn't even get to have the default picks of home teams.

No points at all, to be honest.

I had 11 points correct this week...so far.

Kwea

Dagonee
Member # 5818

The service is down now - maybe they're restoring from backups.

Dagonee

TheTick
Member # 2883

It's back up - Winning this week, but probably too little, too late to catch up.

*go bears*

[ December 06, 2004, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Jeni
Member # 1454

Well, those of us who bothered to make our picks this week did well. What on earth happened to the rest of you?

In other news, I have tickets to next week's Packer/Jaguars game in Green Bay. I am ridiculously excited, though I suspect I will be thawing out for at least three weeks after it...

Kwea
Member # 2199

I made my picks the past two weeks...but the web site says I didn't.

So I give up.

I should have had 11 wins last week, accordingto who I actually picked, and 10 this week......but since I can't prove it, and my picks aren't ging to stay anymore, I don't see why I should bother.

BTW, I make all my picks on Tuesdays, so there is no possible way I could have nt picked either week.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Same thing happened to me now - twice in a row.

I'm done.

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried contacting ESPN to complain about the picks not registering but have received no response in 2 days. My apologies to those that have been shafted.

[ December 16, 2004, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I've had to login twice before, but that seems to do the trick.

AJ

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.