FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hobbes’s KamaCon Event Report (One) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hobbes’s KamaCon Event Report (One)
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On the way back from the Art Institute, when we got to the bus station, there was this random guy singing along loudly to a twenty year old boom box. He danced, the radio DJ broke into the song a bunch of times. (It was a tape, could have even been him) and then he just picked up his boom box and walked off without catching a bus at all. It was like.. the weirdest thing ever.
YES! That was weird! A big old black dude from the 70's.... with a white lesure suit and huge sideburns. SHAFT! He's one bad motha-Shut yo mouth!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
The grayhound had less weird people on in going home. I went to bed at 2 am and got up at 4 pm when my kids got home from school. I think I may have broken a sleep world record.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you made it safely!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((((AJ))))))))))))))))

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
We made it home with plenty of time to get to bed early, only to be kept up by the cats being "exuberant" over our return.

*grumble*

So how many t-shirt orders do you need to make a run of Soul Fairy shirts, ElJay? [Big Grin]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Made it safely home . . . oh, wait, that's tomorrow. Today I made it safely to my friends' place in West Rogers Park. So I guess I'm the last non-local left in Chicago?

Never try to take the CTA buses anywhere.

Never.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't wait for all the full-length narratives of this one. Did Taalcon go (I hope)? His wenchcon series was so fantastic!

Noah, kat, all of you.... get posting!

And pics, where are the pics? mac, have you put any up yet?

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Taalcon had Family Obligations. However, a small caped wax figure was created by kat to be a mini-Taal.

Don't think it/he writes much, though.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I never got to see the effigy [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Noah,

I owe you a pun.

I'll start a thread about it.

Been sort of frazzled lately, or I would've done it by now.

[Wink]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom's camera has a few pictures of the Dave effigy, playing D&D in particular.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insanity Plea
Member # 2053

- posted      Profile for Insanity Plea   Email Insanity Plea         Edit/Delete Post 
nope, my camera has it, they'll be up tomorrowish...maybe...why am I posting this? You're four feet away....
Satyagraha

Posts: 359 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Zev does that mean you've made it safely to Bernard?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

AJ, yes.

Thanks for the awesome tour of your Lab, it was great! ::chuckles at Noah::

What was the name of that place we ate dinner at?

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Portillo's hey IM me @ BannaOj if you are on, I don't think I have either of you on my buddy list.

AJ

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
*wishes she could have stayed to get the lab tour and eat dinner*

Next time I'm flying out of Knoxville rather than Nashville. I don't care if it's more expensive. A 5 minute drive rather than a 3 hour one is worth it.

[Smile]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ah, so before I wasn't the only non-local still in Chicago, but now I am?
Zevlag
Member # 1405

*nod* I understand that. One of those things you learn when you travel. I won't ever check luggage again without really good reason, just isn't worth it. If you can do it all carry on it is so much easier.

Glad you made it back safe Sarah.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

yeah, when are you leaving rivka? I was hoping I'd see you tonight but they said you were with family. Tomorrow night I have to go pick up my dogs.

AJ

rivka
Member # 4859

Actually, I ended up staying with friends (she's originally from L.A. and they visit often). And it turned out that tomorrow lunch worked better than today to meet up with my cousins.

My flight out isn't until almost 9 pm tomorrow, but if you are going to pick up your dogs, sounds like you won't have much free time.

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Lime, how many orders are needed depends on how much you want to pay for the shirts. There's a $30 set-up fee... get 10 orders, shirts will be about $20. Get 30 orders, they'll be about $12.

Glad to hear everyone's getting home safe!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.