FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kamacon Pictures! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kamacon Pictures!
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
http://fugu13.com/kamacon/kamacon.html

I tried to get a good sampling, I know some of them are out of focus (no flash + on a train was the most common culprit) [Smile] .

If you're not in them and I was taking pictures of you, its an evil plot by the Mormon cab^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H a completely random occurence, and I'm sorry.

Enjoy!

edit: and apparently, Allegra was signed on on my computer . . .

This post is fugu13 posting as Allegra

[ August 15, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Allegra ]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous beyond belief*

I hate you ALL. Every single ONE of you.

[Cry]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Raia says it all, and most eloquently, too.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Now we just need names to put with (some) of the faces. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is the heavy set guy in white on the second page the Soul Fairy?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we hate you all too. [Taunt]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon - that is indeed the Soul Fairy. He stepped off the bus and into our lives for only a short 15 minutes, but all of us left with slightly longer hair, flared pants and a hankering for some fondue.

There needs to be a Soul Fairy t-shirt. ElJay! What do we need to do?

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
THe only think that I thought when I looked through those pictures was that I don't know who thses people are. The only people that I reconized were Kama and fugu13 (I think his name is Russel, but I am real bad with names). Could we get a little catpion action un in here? Please?

[ August 15, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: SoberTillNoon ]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
captions are nice. don't like any of you.
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

What, and take time away from Kama's engagement party? Are you insane? [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really mean for those of us that don't know what the people look like. Who is who?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I thought the dude in white on the second page was Tom. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried reading name tags, and upon a further inspection, I did reconize a couple others. But still, captions are real nice.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

pssst - if you take the time to look at the Jatraquero album on foobonic, you'll soon match faces and names . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

yeah, I realize that. And I resorted to that. Then I gave up after it took so long.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Snicker. I think I recognized most of the cute ones. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Shan
Member # 4550

Patience IS a virtue, sobriety dear -
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
<----- Volunteers to design the Soul Fairy t-shirt
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

Go ahead and give it a shot, Annie. I've got at least one design for the t-shirt myself: black and white outline of the pic showing his front, with his hair, sunglasses and chain filled in. I'm still working on some sort of slogan to go on it somewheres, but at least one of them will be: "I just can't leave ya alone, baby."

Also, for those who wish to know-

First page, from left to right:
Celia (on left), Kama (right)
kwsni
Telperion the Silver
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Diane (sndrake's SO)
Celia again, and fugu13
Allegra (new Jatraquera) holding Sophie
saxon75 (left) and Juliette
Ivygirl
Farmgirl
Bob_Scopaz
Celia's Dirty Harry Impression, and JohnnyNotSoBravo
dkw and Bob
Richard Berg
mackillian and T_Smith
"You talkin' to me?"
Celia sleep... sitting...
mackillian ready to poke holes in Ken
MeltingSnowman and Kara
Myself in a classic bad picture pose, Vána, and Allegra,
Kama displaying the universal symbol of friendship
Annie
Telperion the Silver
Myself, in form once again - not in front of the camera when I'm needed
Another photo op missed...
Kama being self-referential
TomDavidson, Hobbes and Annie in front of the Art Museum
Xnera and one last classic pose from yours truly
Kama getting much needed screen time
JennyGardner getting some much needed pre-meal rest

Page two:

Kama preparing to be carried to the bus
Jenny coming to kill the photographer

And last but not least: The Soul Fairy*, in rare form.

(*The Soul Fairy is a TomDavidson registered trademark)

(Edited for spelling)

[ August 15, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
saxon75 (left) and Juliette (a non-poster who is also quite worthy)
Actually, she's an occasional poster. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
And, of course, we all know who this is.

Amazing who'll show up at one of these things.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
The Soul Fairy's only purpose, I think, was to bring funk and rhythm into the lives of random strangers. He stood there at the bus stop with us, playing his music. How could I help myself? We danced.

God Bless the Soul Fairy, wherever he may be.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

quote:
Actually, she's an occasional poster. [Smile]
Oops!

*goes and fixes immediately*

Sorry!

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I see...Sophie gets into the hall of fame with Allegra, but no pictures of me. Hrmph! [Taunt]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*is waiting for pictures of the photographer*

wait, found it, sorry, it was one of the ones that wouldn't load before

[ August 15, 2004, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

It is not often that you get to take a picture of a Soul Fairy. They are very swift. I am SO downloading that picture.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I've edited about half of them and will finish and post my photos on madowl tomorrow.

*collapses*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't any pictures of me, either. [Frown]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*double hugs for Allegra*

[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wait, I know Mack has some. [Smile]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, of course, we all know who this is.

...... [Eek!]

Is that who I think it is? Or am I just really off-track?

Either way, I'm bitterly jealous.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so not jealous. I can see that your stupid cute happy smiles are masking your true feelings of boredom and uncomfortability. Phew, I'm so glad I couldn't afford to go to kamacon.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Stupid cute happy smiles.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Oh yeah, I'm SO glad I couldn't make it.
fallow
Member # 6268

- posted      Profile for fallow   Email fallow         Edit/Delete Post 
Nd,

lameness of the kinder-kindest order

fallow

Posts: 3061 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

Fallow, I have no idea what you are saying. Anyway, I can see you know what I'm talking about. Being highly empathic, you are taking the confusion and unhappiness you feel from all the juatraqueros that are currently at kamacon, and are projecting it in this thread.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, anyone at KamaCon...

Would you be so kind as to ask ElJay if she got my order for a "Kiss Me" t-shirt, that I sent in a looong time ago? Thanks! I was reminded last night, when Noah told me how sexy he looked in his... [Wink]

And as a second note, it was wonderful to talk to you guys last night! (or morning, for you) It put me in such a good mood, my roommate couldn't figure out what was wrong with me afterwards. So, much as I would kill to be there right now, I'm not quite as jealous as I was before calling, because it was great talking to you guys! [Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Raia! I'm not at KamaCon anymore, so they can't ask me. [Smile]

I have your order, and I have your shirt. The shirts came in really last minute, so I didn't have time to e-mail people who ordered them and need shipping... I'll be sending y'all the final prices and my mailing address for checks and stuff, and getting your shipping addresses, probably tomorrow evening. (Tuesday.)

Rivka offered, in your case, if you'd prefer that I can mail it to her and she will bring it along when she comes to visit to save you on shipping costs. But really, they're pretty light, so I don't know if it will be an issue. I got a package of mailing envelopes, so I'm going to put all the packages together and weight them before I e-mail people so I can give you exact shipping costs. [Smile]

Anyway, shirts are way cute, and you'll have yours soon. Sorry you couldn't make it... I'm glad you got to call in, even thought I missed you.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think for full evil impact, this link deserves its own thread...

[Evil]

[ August 16, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

Wait, OSC showed up? Does he usually show up at these things?
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, did anyone get pictures or video of Kama and the other girls in the hot tub?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to point out that, quite repeatedly, I offered my camera -- and camcorder -- to men who might want to capture some of that hot tub action. Sadly, half the men were Mormon, and most of the other ones were married and therefore officially scared of non-wives in bikinis. (BTW, there is nothing in the world that looks more frightened and awkward than a Mormon boy holding a Playboy magazine.) We were a distressingly honorable group.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I will post photos as soon as I have mine developed (I don't own a digital camera, alas). And Christy, I know that I DID get photos of Sophia for sure..

Are we going to have a clearinghouse site on Foobonic to post all of these, or is everyone just going to keep their photos on their own site?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
These are fantastic. Kama definitely needed much more screen time and I'm so glad she gets it here. She is indeed a star and deserves her own con named after her. I know all the guys were already crushing on her but after this the girls will all be too.

Some of my favorites of these: GREAT pic of Russell! He looks so candid and alive there or something. [Smile] Annie's closeup is also quite wonderful. The key, by the way, skips Richard Berg. That picture is also great. I met Richard at the very first hatrack picnic in L.A. in was it June of 1999? I believe it was. Some newbie named Slash came and was the star of that one, and he specified no pictures, so there weren't any. But it was so great. [Smile] I wish you guys could all have come! My last and favorite favorite is Celia pointing the raygun or whatever it is. Wonderfully characteristic! It sent a thrill of fear into my heart for her sheer evilness. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

I SO wish I could have been there!

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Foobonic!! I think fugu and mack should send them to foobonic too, although mack may have copysright issues with that.

I'm sure ludosti can create a kamacon folder for it. There were TONS of pictures taken, and it would be great to have them in the same place. That's what foobonic is for. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] I wish there could have been more Kama Con. I'm reliving through the pictures!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
In Mack's album there's a picture of EIJay and right under it one of Jenny. Is it just me or do those two look like they could be sisters?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, there definitely needs to be more Kamacon! [Smile]

I think we should start planning next year's now. In fact, if it is in San Diego or L.A., I will even *gulp* volunteer.

I'm no AJ, and if it's in San Diego I will need a lot of logistical assistance (less in L.A., but still would need some!), but I think I could make it work.

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking a summer camp...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
If you'd like the Kamacon pics to be on foobonic, start sending them to me (put kamacon in the subject of the email, so I know to put them with all the other kamacon pics). It'd also be super if you could identify everyone for me (so I can put it in the caption of the photo).

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.