FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cinci clump?

Author Topic: Cinci clump?
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a clump in the vicinity of Cincinnati, and if not, who's interested in forming one?

I know it's pretty central for Happy Camper, Space Opera, Marek? and me, and I know there are several more who weren't at KamaCon: msquared, beatnix19 and BlueJacsFan to name a few.

Anybody with me?

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

A single Hatracker does not a clump make. In other words: bump.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Eve used to live in Cinci, but I stole her away. I do miss Skyline Chili, though.

4-way w/ onions, extra cheese. 10 shakes of pepper vinegar and a little sour cream. Oyster crackers to soak up the juice.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I am here in Ohio, though pretty far from Cincinatti. Still, it seems close enough.
Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Lexington. How are clumps formed anyway? I thought it was more just whoever happened to be in the area and do stuff.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

This is my method of forming a clump. If there's a proper way, too bad. Isn't the point of a clump a fairly regular regional get together? That's what I was shooting for, anyway.

I'm actually in Columbus, but I figured Cinci was more central. If everyone in the area would represent... [No No]

[edit: missing words]

[ August 21, 2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not in the vicinity of Cinci, but I'll definitely drive the 4 hours to attend any get-together.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
Cinci sounds like a nice central location to me.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Cool. Keep 'em coming. And before I volunteer to do some actual planning, does anyone actually live in Cinci?
Member # 6792

Depending on when it is I may be able to help with planning too, but no firm commitments at this point.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

I was just worried about forming the clump. I have no specific events or dates in mind. I like to plan ahead. [Smile]
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not impossibly far from OH. Cleveland I know is not too far, not sure of other cities.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoberTillNoon
Member # 6170

- posted      Profile for SoberTillNoon   Email SoberTillNoon         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that you could count Marek in for lack of transportation, which is the same reason that you could not count me in either. But it would be great to be part of. Maybe once I get a car an a lot of gas money.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Cincinnati.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 6792

There is an art museum in Cincinatti that usually has a few interesting displays.
fiazko
Member # 5812

Transportation can be worked out when the time comes. Once we hear from a few more people, I'll do a head count, and if anyone has any other "to do" suggestions, offer them up, and I'll make a list of them, too.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
There's Kings Island.

[ August 22, 2004, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Here's the King's Island schedule if anyone is interested. It's expensive, so if we want to consider it, if anyone has discounts or passes, that would be swell.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
/gollumn
[Grumble] Kings Island [Grumble]
I hates you all if you go without me...

/end gollumn

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 6792

If we wanted to do King's Island then that pretty much means either next weekend, which is the 28th and 29th, or the 4th through the 6th. We should also get tickets fairly soon so as to get the $10 discount.

I would be interested if others are, but it is a lot of money, possibly too much for some.

fiazko
Member # 5812

I don't know if I could swing it that soon, but maybe if there's enough interest.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

Why does it mean only those days? According to that schedule it's open on weekends in October.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Where is Cedar Point, and does it have a better schedule? Steve has been singing its praises, I might be able to drag him along either way so he can get his skyline chilli fix.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

Cedar Point is in Sandusky, Ohio, which is at the very top of the state on the bank of whatever lake that is (Erie?). Here is its schedule.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
awsomeness... I'm down for a Cinci get together. Lima is only 2 hours away, so that's an easy trip for me. I would however have to simply say that Cedar Point is about 105.3 times better than Kings Islnad. I've done both a number of times and Cedar Point is without a doubt the best coster park in the world. But King's Island is still pretty good and worth a visit.

Fiazco - you totally rock for remember I'm close!!!!

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 6792

It is, if we wanted to do it that late. I just never plan that far ahead, so I forgot other people might.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
11 hours away!

bastards.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

I'm up for something.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

I was wondering when you'd show up, Space Opera.

beatnix, you're like, real and stuff. How could I forget you? While Cedar Point may be better than King's Island, the whole point of this is location.

And mack, that's why this is the Cinci clump.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a ton of Hatrackers in Bloomington who could probably make it... not me, since I'm gone for a year, but I can think of at least 5 or 6 who live in Bloomington. That's not too far away, it's about two and a half hours or so.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think that you could count Marek in for lack of transportation, which is the same reason that you could not count me in either. But it would be great to be part of. Maybe once I get a car an a lot of gas money.

True, but perhaps if we chip in for gas money Space Opera could let us ride along.

<bats eyes at spacey>

[ August 23, 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Koga ]

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks*
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Koga, the eye-batting would be more effective if I knew who you were...

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Pssst, it's Marek.

Really, how many hatrackers in Louisville would ask you for a ride? [Razz]

[ August 23, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

Ahh! Marek, I will definately give you a ride, provided it's on a date I can go.

*bats eyes back*

space opera

edit: PSI, I thought perhaps it was a secret admirer I hadn't yet noticed.

[ August 23, 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Marek -- why did you decide to switch to an alter-ego? Got a landmark coming up?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

(explanation in cereal thread)
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you don't really need me to appear in this thread since we already know, but I will anyway. Yes, Cinci is relatively central to me. Cedar Point would be cool, but it is a good 6 hours I think. Ummmmm, what else? Guess that's it.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

Ok, here's a preliminary list of the possible interested so far.

Dead_Horse
Danzig
RRR
SoberTillNoon
King of Men
Marek
beatnix19
Space Opera
Bloomington contingent
Happy Camper

Do we want to go ahead and plan a King's Island outing? Keep in mind that the park is open every weekend in October, but the Hatrack camping trip is the 22nd-24th, I believe. We'd have to order tickets a week or so ahead to get a discounted price.

Any other suggestions are welcome as well.

Space Opera
Member # 6504

Hmm. To be honest, two outings in one month is more time than I have. I definately want to get together with all of you, but October won't work for me.

space opera

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Fiazko where do you live? I can't remember whether it is actually in Cincinnati or Columbus.

I'm guessing we are probably going to Dayton for Thanksgiving with Steve's family, unless we end up driving all the way to Tennesee. Cincinatti and Columbus look about equidistant from Dayton on the map. If you weren't doing family stuff yourself maybe we could hang out.

AJ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.