FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What the world needs now is jokes, sweet jokes

Author Topic: What the world needs now is jokes, sweet jokes
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Member # 6765

- posted      Profile for Speed 2: Cruise Control   Email Speed 2: Cruise Control         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you think of a better time to start a joke thread? Aaah, jokes. Sweet, soothing, non-controversial jokes. A chuckle heals all.

Here's one. We went out to see some stand-up the other night. This is a paraphrase of my favorite joke of the evening. I wish I could remember the name of the comedian who told it, but there'll be no credit given here due to poor memory. Anyway...

quote:
I went to my mechanic, and he told me that my car would run a lot better if I treated it like my baby. So I took it over to my ex-girlfriend's house and abandoned it.
There's a start. Keep the ball rolling.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my very own punny jokes:

The balrog walks up to Gandalf's desk after class to discuss his grade. Gandalf says to him, "You shall not pass!"

What did one mathematician say to the other at the singles bar? Hey, baby, what's your sine?

(Somebody stop me before I go off on a tangent! Secant stop now!)

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
My friend was telling me the other day that the only "karma" he believes in is the one that is followed by "kanic".
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerryst316
Member # 5054

- posted      Profile for Jerryst316   Email Jerryst316         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont really know if this is a joke but a friend of mine told me this.

One day, this guy in a mall is speaking about the true nature of karma. Without warning, he is punched in the face by one of the members of the crowd who wonders aloud "I wonder what you did to deserve that". And simply walks away! HA!

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my all-time favorite silly jokes...

A Buddhist goes up to a hotdog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything!" [Big Grin]

He pays for the hotdog with a ten; the vendor takes it and turns away. The Buddhist says, "What about my change?" The vendor replies, "Change comes from within!"

ba-dum-bump!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My neighbor's horse won a very prestigious award last week. You see, he's outstanding in his field.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Rene Descartes was flying in an airplane. The flight attendant came up to him and said, "Would you care for something to drink, Monsieur Descartes?" Descartes said, "Oh, I think not." And promptly vanished.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite self-made jokes:

"What is the name of an Irish houseplant?"

"Phil O'Dendron."

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
What's brown and sounds like a bell?

Dung.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
what's brown and sticky?

a stick.

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Member # 6765

- posted      Profile for Speed 2: Cruise Control   Email Speed 2: Cruise Control         Edit/Delete Post 
Q: Why did the scientist install a knocker on his door?

A: He wanted to win the no bell prize.

[ROFL]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.