FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battle of the Breakfast Cereals (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battle of the Breakfast Cereals
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Cap'n Crunch is the absolute best cereal ever made, although it shreds your mouth when you eat it. When I have a box of it I rarely get out the milk, though. It's better by the handful.

The most satisfying cereal is raisin bran. Keeps me going at least 10 minutes longer than any other cereal, which is to say 8:50 am instead of 8:40 am. Which is why I rarely have cereal for breakfast. I try to have pancakes/french toast, eggs, and sausage as often as possible for breakfast.

Hmm. I had a really good breakfast in Portland, OR a couple of months ago. Some small restaurant called Bisau's or something like that. I had apple fritter french toast and a big, fat sausage. I would be happy eating there every morning. Yum.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the beauty of this area...I can get a real breakfast for cheap, thanks to all the inexpensive Greek places. 2 eggs, toast, home fries, bacon, ~$5. Usually reserve it for the weekend, though. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
While we're on the subject of big breakfasts, does anybody know if Denny's still has that one for $2.99?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Honey Nut Cheerios, Golden Grahams, and Frosted Flakes. But oh do I miss the old Kix!

Goody

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
I had some yummy cereal in Ireland last year. It was a muesli cereal called Alpen Original, made by the Weetabix company in the U.K.
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Goat... You work at Domino's. You can't sell out by going to Denny's. [No No]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't eat breakfast except as a lunch.

well ok, a doughnut doesn't pick on my system.

but usually, it's coffee and cigarettes.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a she, and coco pops.
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, somebody's phsycic. I was going to start a thread about this the other day.

My Mom always bought the "healthy" cereals, so I didn't get to eat "chocolate frosted suger bombs". I like Granola, Cinnamon toast crunch, lucky charms (or at least the marshmallows), and fruit loops. But the only one of those that I was allowed to eat was Granola.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy moly. I totally remember those things now, kiwi! I wonder where they went? Apparently they're all in New Zealand now.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Skillery,

I haven't seen Alpen around for years! It was sort of dusty, I remember. Sweet, but healtily so.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.