FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need thoughts on this, Im shaken up.

Author Topic: I need thoughts on this, Im shaken up.
Toranaga-sama
Member # 4966

- posted      Profile for Toranaga-sama   Email Toranaga-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
This scared me enough to need to come back and ask the people I still consider wise. Offer opinions or anything you think appropriate. Takes a while to load for some, but it is worth your time.

http://www.scothew.com/~fastred/pentagon%5b1%5d.swf

Posts: 75 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a different, but similar, conspiracy theory:

http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm

And here is the about.com urban legend page response to it:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blflight77.htm

FWIW

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a well-made video, but so are many propaganda films. It is made for one purpose--to cast doubt on the claims that American 77 hit the Pentagon. This is unlikely, for one main reason: If it didn't hit the Pentagon, where the hell did American 77 go? You can't really hide a plane crash that size, it is a pretty well documented fact that the plane did disappear from radar, and I don't believe in the Bermuda Triangle, especially in West Virginia, where the radar contact was lost.

Then there is tha matter of phone conversations. Barbara Olsen, a passenger on American 77, called her husband, Ted Olson, the soliciter general of the U.S., at least 2 separate times from the plane and told him it had been hijacked (source: 9/11 Commision Report, page 9, plus notes.) Also, Renee May, another passenger, called her mother Nancy and informed her of the hijacking.

If a plane is disappears from radar contact due to its transponder being turned off, and two passengers call loved ones saying it has been hijacked, then it is likely that it has indeed been hijacked. If that plan is heading towards the Pentagon at the time radar contact is lost, and 43 minutes later there is a massive explosion at the Pentagon, then it is indeed likely that it was American 77 that crashed into the Pentagon.

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Federal Government
Member # 6807

- posted      Profile for The Federal Government           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. The plane was hijacked.

There is no conspiracy.

Please, all stand up and repeat after me:

"There is no conspiracy
There is no conspiracy
There is no conspiracy
There is no conspiracy"

Thank you.

You may now return to your normal, daily lives. We will take care of the rest.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell without doing any actual double-checking and relying purely upon memory *grin*, all the facts in that animation are accurate. However, against this must be weighed the disappearance of a plane, a reported hijacking, and the complete absence of motive behind a fraud of this nature (and complexity).
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

::wonders if Jon Boy has returned to Hatrack::

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
So, yeah, Tom took 53 words to say what I took 231 words to say. But at least I had a link [Smile]
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Good video, I bet I could do better.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Prove it.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on. The wife of the solicitor general of the US was on the plane? Isn't that a rather sharpish coincidence? And after all, it might not be so difficult for the US government to make an airliner disappear. Perhaps comrade Olsen needed a divorce, and two birds were downed with one stone? [Angst]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
If I had the time to blow, I would.
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.