FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Interest check for a Boston meet. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Interest check for a Boston meet.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
WEll, I work most wekends...how are Mondays for youo, Jane?

Jenni and I always have Mondays off, and we could go early, and meet up with Bok and others for dinner before heading back.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Fencing is Monday night. That's why I said weekends are usually better.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
FENCING!

*runs in circles*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of weapon do you prefer, Mac?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I have the car...lol...

J/K, sort of....

Jenni and I only get 1 weekend off together a month, so it is hit or miss...we might just go ourselves, and if the oppertunity comes again, then you can join us, and we will pick you up for it that time.

If we can, we would like to set it up so we can all go, but that may not be possible.

How long have you been fencing, JaneX?

I wanna see you and Mack go at it....

And fence, too.....

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

C'mon Kwea, did we need any more fencing posts?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm still on foil. Only been fencing since April.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

:: sticks TMedina with the pointy end of a sword::

Kwea

JaneX
Member # 2026

I've fenced exactly once: at WenchCon. But I want to fence some more. [Smile]

So should Hannah and I just go ourselves, then?

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*stab*
Kwea
Member # 2199

I fyou want to...but let me know when you are going, and if we are free then perhaps we might meet up with you.

If we can't, then we will just meet up another time... [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ September 21, 2004, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

As Mac might say, "Curses, foiled again."

-Trevor

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey now, if anyone's gonna go make sure you let us all know when ::glares around::
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL
Kwea
Member # 2199

So JaneX, did you sign up for the fensing club at school?
JaneX
Member # 2026

No, I signed up for the fencing club. [Razz]

~Jane~

Kwea
Member # 2199

That won't be HALF as interesting as the fensing one...

[Roll Eyes]

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm officially no longer interested in this excursion. I went last weekend. [Smile]

Have fun!

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I haven't paid any attention to this thread.

I'm moving out within the next month. My plans have changed. I didn't think there was this much interest. I'll see what I can do, depending on how well moving goes.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Hannah and I are thinking of going October 17. Would anyone be able to join us then?

~Jane~

mackillian
Member # 586

*raises hand in back*

me! me!

JaneX
Member # 2026

Cool! [Smile]

It's not definite, though. I'll let you know if plans change.

~Jane~

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

I may be [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

*bump*

Just learned from the Boston Museum of Science Website that Sean Astin is going to be at the museum on Saturday, October 16!! [Eek!]

So needless to say, I think we've pretty much settled on that day. [Razz]

Does anyone know anything about the Boston Museum of Science? I'm wondering if I have to buy tickets in advance (particularly for a special exhibit like this, which I'm assuming will be popular - especially if Sean Astin is going to be there!). If so, I can get them on the website, but I need to know how many people are coming. So anyone who can make it, please let me know by Tuesday (at the absolute latest!) so I can start working out these details! [Smile]

~Jane~

[ October 11, 2004, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Get the tickets ASAP, by computer. Even on a regular weekend they sell out.

That is the weekend of my and JenniK's first wedding anniversary, so we won't be going.

We will be doing something completely different all weekend....

Have fun though!

Kwea

JaneX
Member # 2026

I'm probably going to buy the tickets tonight, so this is the last call! If you're coming (or know someone who is), please let me know! [Smile]

~Jane~

Kwea
Member # 2199

JaneX, did you and your friend ever go to the LOTR exibit in Boston?

Jenni and I are going tomorrow, and I was wondering how it was.

Kwea

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- been to the exhibition

It was very, very , extremely cool.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Oh no, I just got your message [Frown] I hate being too busy to even check my phone! Grrr. I was at King Richard's Faire that day, so I couldn't have made it anyway... did you get to see Sean Astin?!
JaneX
Member # 2026

We did go. We didn't get to see Sean Astin, though - they closed the line at 10:30 in the morning, so no one else could get in. We just caught a glimpse of the back of his head as he walked out of the room. [Razz]

The exhibit was really cool. They had lots of props and costumes, a bunch of videos about the making of the movie, and a few interactive exhibits. It was fun. [Smile]

~Jane~

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Awwwesome [Smile] [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Myr, wat to go with us next Sat? Jenni and I are going this Sat, as the exibit is moving on Sunday...it will be gone for good afater this weekend, and we really want to see it.

Kwea

[ October 19, 2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

I don't know if you saw the other thread, but Sat I have a midterm 9am-1pm and then two different birthday parties... I'm not sure a trip up north would fit in there [Wink]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Myr...you suck.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.