FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bagged Milk? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bagged Milk?
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Maybe they did it just so innocent conversations could sound naughty.

(Heading to the Hoover Dam)
"Well kids, this is the dam road that leads to the dam site. Do you see the dam construction? Dam. Mighty fine work."

[ September 03, 2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I like those milk bags. They have them all over the place in Wisconsin, but you can't find them here in MN. Sad.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool that you can get them in the states! Like rivka said, it's something I completely associate with Israel...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
We, actually, can't find them at our grocery store, but buy them from the local gas station -- Kwik Mart. I think they're more than just a WI gas chain, so if you can find one of them, I'm sure they'd carry it for you.

BTW, I never knew until I came to WI that CA was a huge dairy state.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I loved those little milk bags from the cafeteria! So much fun to play with! You can finish off the milk, then blow it up and try to stick the straw through both sides, so it would stay full, or make volcanos when its full...
Or shoot little streams of milk at your fellow students...
[Big Grin]

I've seen the kind with the free pitcher, too. There was a dairy in Chambersburg, PA that sold milk in plastic bags.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this certainly changes my opinion on whether kat and everyone else should move to the North. Milk bags. I love it.

Oh, and I needed to add that my mom bought sauerkraut in a bag one time.

And I have seen the bags they use in food service milk dispensers. I bet they are 5 or 10 gallons.

[ September 04, 2004, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone should move north. Then we could have a con and I wouldn't have to go so far! Let's all converge on Abby's point. (waits for people to come to her)

Also, that rocks, pajeba! I'll keep that in mind when I'm in the area...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, yeah, pajeba has it right. Kwik Trip. [Blushing]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.