FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » AZ get-together? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: AZ get-together?
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I meant BYUTv. The broadcast is at 5 AZ time.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka,

I'm gonna try to make it Tuesday and I just sent an email to your hotmail acct.

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't special enough to get pooka's number in the first place.... [Cry]

I will try to make it Tuesday night, but it's looking more and more like I won't be able to. [Frown]

Also, I checked today, and our stake is reshowing the RS broadcast at 7pm, so you may be able to see it at that time also, depending on the stake....

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I just talked with Pooka. We would like to know if 7 pm (Tuesday) is a good time for everyone? They are at the Sheraton Desert Oasis (in Scottsdale) and she said they've got seating for at least 7 people there in their suite. So, please let me know what all of you are thinking (or drop me an email if you'd like her phone number so you can talk to her yourself). [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

I still think I can make it tomorrow.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

So what are the Saturday plans? I have to have the car back to my dh by 4:15. I'm not going to go to the broadcast after all because of car troubles.... So when are we meeting, where, what are we doing??????

Wendy

Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, we are meeting for lunch, and I'm going to talk to Feyd about where and when since he seems to want to go to Bison Witches, and that sounds good.

Then, I think we should see a showing of "Sky Captain" sometime around 1:30-2:00, and the people that need to go to the broadcast can do so, and the others can see the movie. I'll get some more exact times if this general plan sounds okay to everyone.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I second this plan. (Will we meet somewhere first, and then go to BW, or just meet there?)

Oh, and I think I'll be at the Scottsdale thing tomorrow night.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's meet at BW. I'll get a time for the movie and we'll plan our BW meetup time around that.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd recommend starting lunch around 11:00 - 11:30, if only to avoid some of the lunch rush. Now that those pesky college students are back, it'll probably be busy during some of the lunch rush.

Alright, aince we are meeting there. Directions (We had a breakdown in finding this place before, let's see if we can avoid that this time.)

Bison Witches is located at 326 N. 4th Avenue (Tucson of course). It is on the east (Rincon) side of the street (4th Ave) between E 7th and 8th Streets. There, that should be sufficiently clear.

Now, for those Phoenicians or Tucsonans who aren't that familiar with Tucson, just tell me where you'll be coming from, and I or another Arizona-type person can probably fill in the missing gaps.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

Please tell me what kind of place Bison Witches is? Just from the name it doesn't sound like a place I'd want to go to [Wink] What kinds of food, atmosphere? How much moola should I bring....
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Now now, what have we learned about judging books by their covers? BWs tends to win best cheap eats anytime there is a competition in Tucson. Honestly, I don't think I've heard a negative (or neutral) thing about the place other than it does get busy during peak hours.

Their specialties are sandwiches and soup (in a bread bowl). They also have salads, though I can't say I've had any of those.

Prices are somewhere between "cheap" and "McDonalds" (I think six bucks is the most you can pay for something on the menu).

Atmosphere, at least during lunch would be considered family. There's a huge U-shaped bar, but nothing indecent. It's also non-smoking during mealtime hours.

On second thought, I think I could just dig up the menu

Feyd Baron, DoC

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell, that menu has me craving a sandwitch.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Well, I suppose no thread it pun-proof. Now go away and back to your regional threat.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it was an honest typo - I always end up misspelling sandwich.

Um...sorry, did it again.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

Oh my those sandwiches look delicious! Lets pray my dh makes super good tips this week so we can cover the rather large boo boo I made in the checking account so I can have a few bucks to indulge. Now to decide what sandwich..... I'd better study this out all week [Wink] [Big Grin]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, we made a... searching for the word... foray?... to the Tempe Library. Don't know if it was ever as rusticated as in "Raising Arizona" but at any rate the place is much more STNG nowadays. Haven't checked "suburban Tempe" though. Is the Maricopa county maximum security correctional facility for men really here? Anywho...

Hope to see some folks tonight! Shigosei, if you want a ride saturday make sure and Email me [Smile]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Okay, people. We have Sky Captain at El Con at 12:25 and 2:00. 12:25 is going to be too early to see it unless we want to cram sandwiches while driving to the theatre, so I propose the 2:00 pm showing at the El Con Theatre (at the El Con Mall near Broadway and Alvernon), which would make 11:30 am a good time to meet at Bison Witches. Plenty of time to sit, eat, chat, and drive down to the theatre around 1:30.

Sound okay? Problems anyone? Alea, how's your weekend looking?

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

I'm good with that general plan for the weekend.

Sorry Scottsdalians. I was held at work until about 7:30, and was too sapped to make it to the gathering (actually, and more accurately, I was too sapped to remember the gathering.)

Hopefully I'll catch y'all at BW's this weekend.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Wendybird
Member # 84

Sounds good to me. I'm lining up the babysitter today. My dh (a Hatracker in name only [Wink] ) is coming with me. He's been hearing about the great sandwiches at BWs.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

YAY! Cool. My hubby's coming to, same status. Maybe they can make fun of us together.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Pooka, did you get my e-mail? I haven't heard back from you about a ride. Anyhow, you can e-mail me at [my username here at Hatrack] at gmail. You can also get my cell number from PSI.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

BUMP-ED!
peterh
Member # 5208

It's official. I'm not making it.

Sorry to all those that were expecting me on Tuesday.

I'm sorry Pooka. I'd stop by your hotel on a lunch break, but I don't want to appear to be stalking you. [Smile]

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Wow, awfully quiet around here only an hour before the grouping.

See y'all there.

Feyd Baron, DoC

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Shigosei got pictures, so everyone will be able to see us! Yay!

And Wendybird is officially real. *claps*

Wendybird
Member # 84

I'm so happy to finally be a real hatracker [Wink] It was fun meeting everyone. Wish we could have gone to the movie too. Was it good?
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yeah, we liked it! Kinda hokey but it was fun for that.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.