FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What has it got in its pocketses?

Author Topic: What has it got in its pocketses?
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Something I'll never understand is some people's keychains. Several nights ago, I was walking to the bus stop on a relatively lifeless portion of my University's campus when I heard a rumble coming from behind be. What first sounded like someone with change in their pockets following me turned into a harsh, cacophonous roar as it neared. I decrease my pace and clenched my fist ready to shake it at whatever was approaching. A person quickly walked past me, seeming to be in a rush somewhere. But inside this person's pants was the largest keychain I have ever seen. Keys, credit cards, a light, and action figures were a few of the objects I could discern in the monstrosity of a keychain in this person's pocket.

Ever since that night, I've been taking a keen interest in people's keychains. I've concluded that my keychain is bleak compared to most other people's, simply consisting of keys on a ring. Most people have some sort of membership card or other item in addition to keys.

My question is: is it not annoying having such a large mass to carry around? And do people enjoy the sound keys make when they are rattled as one walks?

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miles_per_hour
Member # 6451

- posted      Profile for miles_per_hour   Email miles_per_hour         Edit/Delete Post 
On my keychain you will find:

Keys.

Posts: 143 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of library cards and shopping club tags on my key ring. I don't keep any keys that I don't use weekly on it. I think there are 5.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
For me, how many keys is the question. I have three, but one is a duplicate that I need to get rid of and be back down to two. So, that's two keys and the ring itself, no little doo-dads or chain attached. House, truck. That's all I need.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I have separated my work keys onto a different keychain that I keep in my backpack until I need them. I put all those grocery and drug store discount cards into an otherwise empty wallet I keep in the car. I mean, I'm not terribly likely to find myself at CVS without my car, right? As far as my main keychain, it has a Mickey Mouse fob, keys for my house [(1), car (1), NEV (3, 1 for the car, 1 for glove, 1 for trunk [Roll Eyes] ), and off the top of my head, I think that may be it keywise] and one of these locater thingies, which I bought because several Hatrackers said it was really great. That's the last time I buy a non-entertainment-oriented product on the advice of Hatrackers. That stupid thing is the worst money I ever spent. It was pricey, batteries die within a week or so, and I never hear the end of it from Cor! [Mad]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Never trust Hatrackers.

Or men with tattoos.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
In my pockets, you will find:

One key ring on a carabiener: house and padlock keys
One car key
One sharp cutting tool or multi-tool
Occasionally a AA flashlight or LED light
Handkerchief
Wallet

Sometimes a pen and notepad

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Jes has a keychain dealy but he says it helps add a bit of weight to his keys so he knows they're in his pocket, since he only has a couple of keys. It's really small, shaped like a lock, and has a cross on it.

I have a keychain and it's that ugly one they give you when you move into a new apartment, with some insurance company's advertisement on it. I use it because it's bright red and helps me see my keys from far away. I'd like one keychain with the same purpose but with a more special meaning for me, but I've never seen one I liked.

[ September 16, 2004, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
House key (No car key. I can't drive)
Pen/Pencil for school
Cell Phone
iPod for boring movies and such
Pack of gum

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a box of keychains at a garage sale. The people had owned some kind of store. I now have hundreds of bright plastic tropical fruit keychains. Eggplants, lychees, mangoes, bananas, papayas, bitter melons, carambolas, etc.

Don't know why, and my wife isn't too happy about it, either.

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Keys + UT bottle opener
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
In pocket 1: Chapstick, either work or home keychain or sometimes both. Work keychain has just keys. Home keychain has keys (2xhouse, car, bike lock key, church closet key), little round metal thing with an Apple logo (bought at Apple store on Infinite drive<--very important fact, it replace the plastic round thing with an Apple logo that got so scratched up it was barely recognizable<--'nother important fact), and fingernail clippers. If I am wearing sweats, my wallet will be in this pocket instead of back pocket. Sometimes loose change is in this pocket.
In pocket 2: very large 1st gen iPod.

I can't stand it when I walk and make noises.

Sometimes I will pull my keys out and spin them around my pointer finger as quietly as I can, or I will twirl the chapstick between my fingers trying not to drop it. I'm fidgety.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't have to put the keychain in my pocket, since I carry a purse, and most of the time I wear skirts so I don't have pockets... but my keychain has two keys on it, as well as one keychain in Hebrew with my name on it (and one of those horoscope definitions therefore of what type of person I am), a similar one, only in English, with my birthday on it, a keychain with little tiggers on it, and I did have a YMCA membership card when I lived in the US, but I don't have a membership here, so I took it off.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
My keychain has:

a key to my car
a key to the ignition of my dad's car
a key to the doors of my dad's car
a key to my mom's car
a key to the house
a small plaque depicting a scene in New Hampshire

In my pocket, alongside the key chain:

my wallet
my cell phone
a pack of gum
a travel toothbrush thing

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delicate flower
Member # 6260

- posted      Profile for delicate flower   Email delicate flower         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a wocket in my pocket.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an ID holder on my keychain, which I use now to store my LSU ID. It's convenient because now I only have one thing to grab in the morning instead of three. (ID, room key, PO Box key)

Certain sound annoy me, IE: the rythmic dropping of water, ticking clocks, et cetera, and nothing aggrivates me more then jingling keys. I usually tuck the whole thing into my back pocket so it doesn't make any noiese.

Currently on my keychain:
-ID Holder
---Driver's Licence
---LSU ID
---Two Credit Cards
---East Baton Rouge Parish Library Card (squee!)
---roughly $12 in ones
---Medical Card
---Car Insurance
---Receipts
-Car Key
-Room Key
-PO Box Key

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Moonrabbit: Can I buy a couple of those from you? That sounds right up my alley.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
*Keys
House Key
Mom's House Key
In-law's House Key
Van #1 key
Van #2 key
Car key
Van #1 lock device
Car lock device
*Ukrop's shopper card
*Key ring that looks like a fox with glasses
*Key ring that looks like a button
*(My personal favorite) Leatherman

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

No wonder the dudes of today have so much trouble keeping their pants up. They have to compete with *that*.
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Never trust Hatrackers.

Or men with tattoos.

Dang! Double-dissed in a single post. [Grumble]

[ September 17, 2004, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Lemme see... Looks like I have my house key with a blue fob, a 64 mb usb drive, my sunglasses case, and a wallet.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I'm a key hog. I have a blue carabiner, with these keys:

My Jeep
Wife's Saturn
Side Door to house
Inner Door (is a double type house)
Door for upstairs appt.
Notebook lock

All of which are fairly normal. [Smile] However, I also have:

Key for van Mom no longer owns
Key for parent's house

Note that parents live 12 hours away.

Key for locker at place I do work.
Key for locker at place I no longer work.
Key for something I'm not sure of but think I need so I don't get rid of it.

Also, one keytag for grocery store.
Keychain that is half of a heart shape (other half on wife's keys).
Clip (JUST the clip, sadly) for little hockey action figure that used to be on keychain.
Wave Riding Vehicles keychain. A prized possession. [Smile]
32mb usb flash drive.

I like them having a bit of heft, as I'm fairly paranoid about misplacing/losing my keys and wallet. In fact, I'm nervous just looking at them on my desk so I'm putting them back in my pocket now.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
HA! I'm totally the same way.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing beats the keychain a co-worker of mine is constructing. It fills the entire FILE drawer of his desk. Everytime a vendor comes in, he gets as many keychains as possible and adds to it. I think he stopped counting after a few hundred.

Leaves a heck of a mark trying to open the car door, though.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
On keychain (which is in my purse, my pocket won't really hold anything other than small pieces of paper)
1 room key
1 car key
1 hard rock cafe pink car key chain
1 blue beaded think which used to have one of those rice things on the end, until it brok off
1 key that I don't have the slightest idea what it is
1 West Lafayette public library card [Big Grin]
1 ymca card
1 marsh card
1 kroger card
It's pretty small, I also hate it when I jingle while walking.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
On my keychain there is a house key, a car door key, and a car key. Also a found object--a little metal thing that used to have a Jesus fish; the plastic has since fallen off--and a no-longer-functional mini-flashlight. I keep the latter two objects because they are easier to grab from my pocket than keys; before them, I often found myself grabbing a handful of change along with the keys, then dropping it as I tried to get the right one. Oh, and a Sam Goody's card--which used to be useful, until the store closed.

[ September 17, 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
My keychain features"

1. scuffed-up pewter dog head with "I [heart] my Labrador Retriever" engraved on the back
2. small Swiss army knife (with two blades and tiny scissors) which comes in really handy
3. keys to our two Toyotas
4. two house keys (back, deadbolt)
5. keys to things back in Pennsylvania: my dad's front door, my in-laws' front door, the front door of a house that belongs to my husband's uncle where we used to live
6. a mysterious silver key that I don't know what it unlocks (the garage, maybe?)
7. two grocery store cardlets

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Left front pocket:
Keychain
- key to my car
- key to trunk of husband's daily driver
- key to doors, ignition, and glove box of husband's daily driver
- key to husband's sports car (currently defunct until he rebuilds its engine)
- key to my parents' house
- key to my house
- key to mailbox at old apartment...oughta throw that one out
- handcuff key [Wink]
Coins

Right back pocket:
Wallet

Ruler pocket, because I wear carpenter jeans:
Cell phone, if I remembered to charge it and bring it with me, which is not very often these days

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
on my keychain

*note, i don't drive

- horse keychain
- volkswagen beetle keychain
- cvs card
- kroger card
- house key
- key to my mom's van
- key to my dad's precious baby (his 69 vw convertible)
- key to my grandma's house (3 hours away)
- key to a lock that I used to have on my cello cabinet, but now belong's to blacwolve's brother, there were originally two keys.
- key to the dorm at the camp I went to this summer, but was supposed to return (oops)

now do I know where this is?
you don't want to know the contents of my purse.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand bulky keys. I only have:

House key
3 different car keys
Key to work
Statue of Liberty Keychain ("bring me your huddled masses...")
Keychain that says "I Smile Beacause I Have No Idea What's Going On"

I don't like carrying big purses either. I put stuff in my pockets when I can.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually in my front right pocket I have my cell phone. In my front left pocket are my keys (I have three different keyrings on a carribeiner so I can carry as many or as few sets as I need - set #1: my 2 truck keys on a small smiley face keychain, set #2: keys to the house, mailbox, and hubby's car on his keyless entry thingy, set #3: 5 work keys on an "I love Bulgaria" keychain). In my back left pocket is my PDA (old handsping visor). In my back right pocket is my wallet - monstrously huge because of all the freaking shopping cards I have in it (a total of 7).

I only carry a purse when I don't have pockets (which is usually on Sunday, going to church).

[ September 17, 2004, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a key chain thats 2 feet long. the keys i have on it are.

My two Truck Keys
a key to the house
a key for my sisters car
an old key to a U lock

the chain has a pretty good weight to it. in case i find myself in a bad sistuation.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
"harsh, cacophonous roar" [ROFL]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son_of_Priam
Member # 6411

- posted      Profile for Son_of_Priam   Email Son_of_Priam         Edit/Delete Post 
in my pokets you will find:
my wallet
my cell phone
1 pilot G-2 07 pen
1 pencil
one .7mm felt tipped pen
one .5mm felt tipped pen
one .3mm felt tipped pen
various bits of change
folded papers
about $7 in ones which are crumpled
"Alvin Journeyman" by OSC
and a lighter

on my keychain I have:
Motorcycle key
car key
truck key
dad's apartment key
my house key
grandmothers house key
gym locker key
regular locker key
filing cabinet key
side door key

(I need to stop wearing cargo pants, maybe that will help me cut down on all this crap I carry)

Posts: 73 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have to carry keys. I have an electronic key-coded lock on the door of my apartment *special*.

In my front pocket, I keep my cell phone, and in the back, I keep my wallet. Simple, elegant, and silent until someone tries to call me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
-large car key
-house key
-mailbox key
-tiny flashlight
-3 store cards
-brass facemask key chain from Venice
-tiny brass gold plates
-small pocketknife that has made it through airport security SIXTEEN TIMES

[ September 17, 2004, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
My keychain has both house keys ( we have two locks), my car key, my two work keys, both mine and my son's library cards, a plastic dinosaur from the Burke Museum, a Swiss Army knife, and a leather cross.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a keycard. We're not allowed to punch holes it it or mutiltae it in any way, and it is a pain to carry around. Count your blessing that you have keys!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
In my pockets right now: my ID card.

For holding keys:
--three keys on a ring
--said ring attached to a carabiener
--said carabiener has a bus pass holder on it in which I normally keep my ID, though I've got a few random things in there (blood donor card, a VIP business card from the chem frat [of which I am most assuredly not a member], and other random business card, etc, etc]

I hate the massive keychain collections that people carry around. I find it much easier and much less liability to carry around less. Why would I want to lose a keychain that might have sentimental value? Whatever; to each their own. Just don't shake them in my face.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a single key on its own chain (manager's key at work), key chain with car key, house key, electronic thingy to unlock the car door, and a beautiful beaded something that step-daughter made to ensure the key ring ended up pretty. Also have ID card for work (to scan overrides for cashiers), 1 tin Burt's Beeswax for lips, Certs (didn't get the Altoids in pocket before bought Certs), assorted coins.

Well, that's what I normally have in pocketses, right now there's nothing. I'm not at work, by golly!

(I notice I use a lot of parentheses when I post. It's because I often think in parentheses. Simultaneous thoughts and quick explanations of bizarre thought processes.) Sorry if it bothers anyone.

Lisa

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] delicate flower

In my pocketses, you will often find:

1 or more sets of keys
1 or more nail clippers
small stuff I picked up off the floor that I didn't want my kids swallowing

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
car key
house key
mailbox key
office door key
office desk key
bicycle padlock key
2 grocery store hangtags
Overlook Hotel keyfob and Room 217 marker

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I carry my wallet, cell phone and my 2 keys (apartment and mom's house). The most decorative keychain I have is a metallic blue ring; the other two are regular silver keychain rings, with one key each. I have a few keychains that I hung on my wall and a lot more I have in my old bedroom at home.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
My keychain used to be fairly mundane - a lanyard that I made in middle school, with just my house keys attached to it. Since I got to college, I've acquired keys to my house, room, closet, and mailbox, and I also have my ID holder and my Safety Whistle. Now my keychain is much more impressive. [Smile]

~Jane~

[ September 06, 2016, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
On my keychain:

House key
Ignition key for car
Trunk key for car
Remote so that I don't have to use key to open car dor or trunk
Red plastic keychain from car dealership
One keychain that reads: "Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over"
One keychain that reads: "I'm surrounded by idiots"

Missing (I just noticed it gone as I started writing this) is one keychain that reads: "Don't look at me in that tone of voice"

This is the smallest number of keychains I've carried in years; I used to have five or six on there. You see, I lose my keys with dismaying regularity (a couple times a day), and I have convinced myself that the bigger it is, the harder it is to lose. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have about 30+ keys on my keyring at the moment. Must be time to pare down again -- although I'll still have over 20, probably. Home keys, school keys, other keys . . . little cards to three grocery stores and a couple other stores.

It's easy to find! [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.