FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movies You Would Like To See Re-Made (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Movies You Would Like To See Re-Made
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Little_Doctor..."The Blob" (1958; Steve McQueen) was remade in 1988. The original was infinitely superior to the remake. Just my opinion, and for the purposes of full disclosure I do happen to be a big Steve McQueen fan. [Smile]

I think I'd like to see a remake of "2001:A Space Odyssey", with the stipulation that the exact original script be retained. The thing is, I'd love to see what they could do with it using state-of-the-art effects.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
wizard of oz would be fun.

I like the origional starwars movies, the first was ok, but I hate Jar-Jar.

The second... ugh. Yes, the only thing worth seeing in that one is Yoda with a lightsaber.

I *gasp* liked the second and third matrix movies. possibly more so than the first... There is so much more philosophy in them.

Yes! Yes! Re-make the Hobbit! I can't stand seeing that cartoon where Bilbo shouts so often in a cheesy way "Sting!"

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And they need to let Tim Burton remake all of the Batman movies that were done after his. Get rid of all that day-glo nonsense.
Gaaaack! Please no. Remake all the Batman movies with someone who knows and honors the mythos.

The Dark Knight Returns, as 2 or 3 movies, with Frank Miller doing the screenplay.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
They ARE making a new Superman. Bryan Singer dumped Xmen 3 to do it.

Linkage: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/

[ September 25, 2004, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Book ]

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I refuse to see I, Robot at least in the theatre. I can't afford to pay for a movie and get kicked out of it.

Telp, they're re-doing "The Last Unicorn" ? Who's doing it?

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Littlemissattitude: Speaking of Steve McQueen, seeing a remake of The Great Escape would be pretty cool also.

Dag: They're also making a new Batman. I don't have a link but the Bat is now being played by Christian Bale.

[ September 25, 2004, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
12 Angry Men - not because the original is bad, but because the original is too old for most people to appreciate it

Actually, they already did, and it even has Jack Lemmon in it. I really liked it, but it didn't get good reviews.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see any of the old Sinbad movies with the animatronic graphics redone. I would also like to see the special effects in Clash of the Titans cleaned up, but not just simply done as CG.

I agree the Matrix 2 and 3 need some tweaking to be as impactual as the first.

I would like Tron 2.0 to be a movie as well. Even through Tron was a bit disappointing, the advent of the internet, servers, and all the technology after the Tron movie aired could really refresh a sequel.

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Moby Dick.

I think they should do about 4 remakes, all at the same time. 4 directors/producers should get together and decide what aspect of the book they want to cover, so they are 4 completely different movies, which focus on, say...

The racial aspect of having Dagoo, Tashtego, and Queequeg in the third rank of command on the ship. (plus Pip and Cook)

The moral issue of whale hunting vs. the souls of whales and whale "Society."

The technical aspects of whale-hunting, presented as a precursor to the current state of Cetacean biology

The legend/mythology aspect of the telling of a story that is extreme but possibly true, but can't be verified.

I'd like to see Tim Burton or Terry Gilliam as directors, with Jack Nicholson as Ahab, in at least one version.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Then there's the sybolic religion vs. atheism thing.

I'm sure you could come up with a bunch of other themes too.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see a remake of "For Heaven's Sake." (The 1950 version with Clifton Webb, Joan Blondell, and Edmund Gwenn. Directed by George Seaton)

I saw it only once about 30 or so years ago on TV, but I remember it pretty well.

It's not that the movie wasn't great. I think it was. It's just that I can't find it available on video anywhere, so I suspect it may be one of the movies that deteriorated and therefore is lost to the world for all time. So if it is lost, a remake may be the only way of preserving a cute story.

Of course, there is no guarantee that a remake is going to be any dang good. (You put in the money and you pull the lever and you hope for the best.) But then again some remakes have been great. Like for instance “Little Shop Around the Corner” and it’s two remakes.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a remake of “Kill the Umpire” with William Bendix.

I also wouldn’t mind having both of these movies on video or DVD. So if any of you know where I can score a copy, please let me know.

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
The 7 Faces of Dr. Loa

Tony Randall was great in it and with todays technology, would be a great one to remake.

EDIT: I got my Tonys mixed up It wasn't Curtis.

[ September 28, 2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: BookWyrm ]

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.