FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fable. (Pt 2)

Author Topic: Fable. (Pt 2)
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question...
But first...
In Grand Theft Auto, after you beat the main story line, you can still play and do whatever you want...

Is this the way it's done in Fable? Or do you have to start a new game after you beat the story line?

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard (can't corroborate) that if you let the credits go all the way through, you can continue on. But that may be an urban legend. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

man.. it better NOT be... i'd be pissed...
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that you can continue playing, but do not receive any more quests from the Guild.

I believe that the master corroborated this information in the other Fable thread, when s/he talked about beating the game, and was now intent on becoming a land baron.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

i'm not so sure she meant playing on.. i think she meant starting over and becoming a land baron on a new game...
but you may be right...
i don't know.

the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
you do have to watch the end credits to continue to play. otherwise, you cannot save your game.

the moronic roomate of a friend of mine here thought you couldn't continue after beating it. when i explained that the credits had to finish and then you could save and continue playing, he got all upset because he didn't want to sit around and watch credits role. [Roll Eyes] i think i actually used the term "idiot" when explaining that he didn't have to actually watch them, he could be playing a game on the pc, or taking a shower or doing anything other than stopping them from playing.

bill beat the game, not me. [Smile] and you don't get more quests, but i think he still has some open ones that weren't part of the main plotline. i'm really not at all certain about that since he's been devoting time to beating the new splinter cell.

[ October 01, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: the master ]

Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

No, see, you tell him that he HAS to watch them, because you have to hit a certain button combination at a certain point to continue on.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Ticks idea is far more evil...Is the master losing her edge? [Eek!]

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
The new splinter cell sucks my will to live. I've attempted the first level 10 times now without success.

[Wall Bash]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the master
Member # 6788

- posted      Profile for the master   Email the master         Edit/Delete Post 
i want him to trust me, so i'm not going to lie about something so obvious. duh, future large evil always beats todays petty evil.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Hmmm...you lull people into a false sense of security. I shall now reevaluate all previous conversations I've had with you.
darksk8er606
Member # 6882

- posted      Profile for darksk8er606   Email darksk8er606         Edit/Delete Post 
yes you can play after the game all u have to do is after you win is sit there and DON'T TOUCH THE CONTROLLER AT ALL then sit there for five or ten min. then u can keep on playing but you cannot do any more quest
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.