FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ok, let's talk about polygamy! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ok, let's talk about polygamy!
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly what I was getting at, Dag. Obviously, she really trusted this guy, and he was slime. I'm not saying that all polys are slime, or that this sort of thing happens a lot.

It's just the 'mothering' part of me that wants people to be wary and protect themselves. That and, I admit, my own complete inability to share. [Big Grin] Ron is the best thing that ever happened to me, and, though I joke around, I wouldn't consider this kind of lifestyle for myself. I don't mean that to be judgemental, just honest.

Funny thing. I am actually living with two adult men other than my husband. I know it must look scandalous to the neighbors. *giggle* One is my beloved's little brother and the other is an old friend whose been with usfor about two years. He moved in with us when he had no place else to go, really. He'd planned to leave quickly, but then he got a job and started helping with the bills. His health is in question right now, and frankly, we're used to our grown roommies. They do their own laundry and generally see to their own food and stuff. We all get along, and it's cool.

We may even be going into business together soon. But it isn't a polyamorous situation, even though it may look that way.

I think I actually enjoy looking scandalous more than being scandalous. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
But you are scandalous dahling!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the guy I dated when I was 20 used to write me love letters in Latin. *dreamy*
How Juvenal of him.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I really tried.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.