FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Any Filmmakers or anyone in the biz?

Author Topic: Any Filmmakers or anyone in the biz?
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if anyone else here is wannabe filmmaker (in any capacity) like myself or maybe an actual filmmaker?
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmkaProblemka
Member # 6495

- posted      Profile for AmkaProblemka   Email AmkaProblemka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hubby and I are wannabe filmakers.

http://www.vcode.com/video/homework.avi

If you can't see it, you might need this:

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

You'll be able to see it on whatever viewer you like to use for avi.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The_Silver_Blue_Sun is an aspiring film maker.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

Lemme download and watch it.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have plans to one day get up the gumption to begin to think about starting to get my stuff together to seriously consider making a movie.

I am confident and assured that I will make my fortune this way.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
A Rat named Dog graduated with a degree in film, I think.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Zeguma/Ayelar/Polystyrene aspires to be an animator with Dreamworks, and has done some fairly impressive animation toward that end.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Taalcon has a degree in Film and Television and becoming a screenwriter.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Defenestraitor
Member # 6907

- posted      Profile for Defenestraitor   Email Defenestraitor         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was younger I acted in plays, took film classes, directed a short film, wrote some (beginnings to some) screenplays [Roll Eyes] , and produced video shoots for a living. I'm not in the film biz, but along my tortuous road I've amassed many friends who are! [Smile]
Posts: 236 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, Kat beat me to it.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Occasionally I watch films.

And I create horror films, on the top of the water, whenever I take a bath, but I don't think that is the type of film you are talking about.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

[Angst] that's me shivering.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the type of person who cannot leave the window if anything involving a camera is going on outside. It's actually quite rediculous.

My brother and I used to make short films starring lego people but I've never done anything successful beyond that.

EDIT: I didn't know that about Taalcon, but it all makes sense, now.

[ October 08, 2004, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixar, Noemon, but yeah. [Wink] Although all I'm animating at the moment is oxygen moving through an anesthesia machine. [Big Grin]

Gotta start somewhere, right?

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

What did I say?

::goes up to check::

Oops, yeah, Pixar. Also, I transposed two of the letters in your latest name!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
JT Stryker has made some good documentaries (mostly I think), for school. But they were lost when his hard drive crashed. His video about our school's wrestling team was realy impressive.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*pops in, sees he's been spoken for, leaves*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Amka, I just watched your movie, and I really liked it. The music especially was a perfect addition.

How did you do the glowing effect on the girls' faces?

I wish my homework was like that!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on a short film right now about a guy who gets possessed by a cell phone.
Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
Amka, your move rocked! I loved it. Very cute, good use of post doctoring. Which one of you (You or your hubby) is the software man? And what kind of camera did you use?

My little bro and I have made a few shorts... one that went into my portfolio to get into the program I'm in now at the U of Lethbridge. (New Media) We've had a ton of fun doing it.

Zeugma, I DREAM of working for Pixar. I'm in a 4 year Fine Arts program right now... what did you do for education? Are you with Pixar now, or trying to get in? Could you post links to some of your work?
(Yah, I sound like a groupee... and I am when it comes to CG artists.)

Woof.

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keepsmilin
Member # 6607

- posted      Profile for keepsmilin   Email keepsmilin         Edit/Delete Post 
I am an 18 year old aspiring filmmaker. Lets see how it goes...
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.