FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Debate #2 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Debate #2
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Pshaw. Don't take it all so seriously.

Hey, has Kerry mentioned Vietnam or his service yet? I don't think I've heard it...

Impressive.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, a joke.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed... by getting under my skin quite a bit...
*Frustrated by politics*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't take what the person in charge of deploying our troops, and signing legislation into law is saying seriously? Are you 12? (I'm sorry if I've just insulted any 12 year olds out there)

[ October 08, 2004, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm seeing the same thing as I did with the VPs.

"Your record STINKS!"
"Speak for YOURSELF!"

hehe

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

What is an inner-city sore spot?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Well, Mostly, don't take ME seriously. I am a Bush supporter, but I'm not trying to convince anyone here. Why bother? You all are obviously so much more informed than I am and have already made up your minds.

So therefore, if my sense of irreverance offends you, please don't let it. It's not worth it, seriously.

And yeah... why get all stressed out about all of this? Do your best to convince as many voters as you can to vote for your candidate and vote for him yourself come election day. But don't have a stroke.

And no, I'm not 12. But if I were, does it matter how old I am?

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
President Bush is recouping, but he just lied his ass off about the environment. Edit: At least I'm reasonably sure he did. We'll see tommorow.

[ October 08, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Katarain))) [Kiss] [Smile]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
it wasn't europe mr bush, it was japan...jackass.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that, McSquicky. I got to do do more research about that... Currently I have a whole stack of political books to read.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

The Environment... that's one area where I really don't like the Republican stance.

We should be taking better care of our home.

-Katarain

celia60
Member # 2039

quote:
You all are obviously so much more informed than I am and have already made up your minds.

Excellent approach to communication.

And I suppose the only thing that matters about your age is if you are over 18 or not. I assure you, hatrack has had some brilliant people younger than that.

Speed
Member # 5162

Is anyone going to ask about immigration or gay marriage?
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

John Kerry's Red Bull looks like it's wearing off. His energy level is dropping and his message is getting boring.

George Bush has finally stopped whining and ranting. He's looking a lot more steady.

Oh oh, George Bush just used the 900,000 small business argument...Dick Cheney told the whole world about FactCheck.org. We know that's not right.

edit: The writing something down in the background while the other guy is talking is kinda pissing me off. I get it. You don't want to let people seee your facial expressions, but this writing crap is just insulting my intelligence.

[ October 08, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Did I hear Bush correctly? Did he call Kerry, Kennedy, when he was talking about the most liberal senator in Congress?

That was probably not a smart thing to do on Bush's part. Throwing around the 'liberal' label is like to piss people off who might otherwise vote for him as a 'Compassionate Conservative'.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

"Mr president, i think my privacy and rights are being stripped from me."

"Gee i hope you don't think that."

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

quote:
Excellent approach to communication.
Thank you. [Smile] I was actually sincere about that. I read a lot on politics, but I don't make it a subject of study. I've been too busy partly, and the other part, I've studied the subject as much as I care to. The fact that most politically-minded hatrackers know more than me is just that--a FACT. Republicans, Democrats, and Independants. I know enough to be satisfied with my decision.

But please, you're attacking me because I made a joke about Kerry loving and wanting to marry the U.N. And then I LAUGHED and said that was my CHILDISH reply. So, I am the one who said my reply was childish in the first place. If you had been paying attention, you'd know that I have been joking around here. And my advice to you is: Lighten up. Take this as seriously as you want, but don't get all upset if people like me are making light jokes.

-Katarain

celia60
Member # 2039

I'm not upset, just bewildered. Why are actually bothering to post?
Katarain
Member # 6659

I'm adding another reply instead of editing...

You don't see me getting all upset about Ben calling the President names. But maybe that's because I've heard it so much.

-Katarain

Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Katarain
Do your best to convince as many voters as you can to vote for your candidate and vote for him yourself come election day.

OK. Everybody vote Libertarian. I will [Razz]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

And you're also failing to appreciate my sense of sarcasm, but that's ok.

Are you old enough to vote.

And Kerry is doing something I hate. Using an individual's pain to try to create motivation. Stick with figures, dude.

Katarain
Member # 6659

Oh. Okay. Bewildered is better than upset.

Lower blood pressure. [Smile]

I'm posting because my husband and I are watching the debate, and sometimes I feel like making comments.

I may sound flippant... I may act like I'm flippant... I may SAY I'm flippant... but I care about this. I hate what Kerry stands for. He offends me. I post for the same reason the Bush-hater posts, I suppose...but I try to censor what I say. Perhaps I am relying on ....flippancy too much.. or my poor brand of humor.

-Katarain

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

John Kerry isn't displaying enough emotion for the embryonic stem-cell research question. It could be a winner, but he's too wooden and his delivery is too faltering. I don't feel he really cares about the people he's talking about. For a moral issue like this, especially one where President Bush is strong, you need to tweak the emotions.

Oddly enough, I don't think George Bush is coming across with enough emotion. He wasn't strong there either.

Ben
Member # 6117

i wonder if the president is gonna bring up his secret plan to fight inflation...
Ben
Member # 6117

hey kat, what about kerry do you loathe?
Speed
Member # 5162

He's not going to choose a judge that will allow slavery? Does that mean I'll have to release my boy? That's it, I'm voting for Kerry.

Way to give the blandest and least controversial answer possible.

celia60
Member # 2039

Yeah, I'm left unsatisfied by both of thier replies to stem cell research.
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

...we have a secret plan to fight inflation ?!? [Wink]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

somebody better go tell the president.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

shhhh...it's a secret. If inflation finds out that we're going to fight, we're screwed.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I've been waiting for this. The John Kerry abortion/faith thing.
Speed
Member # 5162

He doesn't want to deny a poor person something that the constitution allows them to have? Does that mean that he's going to raise taxes to buy poor people Playstations and Rolexes?
Ben
Member # 6117

i hope so. man that would be so COOL!
celia60
Member # 2039

No, President Bush, it's not that simple.
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Is anyone going to ask about immigration or gay marriage?

Umm, nope.
Ben
Member # 6117

"words you've never heard of and some of 'em are big"

ummm WHAT?!

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Kerry's abortion answer. I agreed with it. I thought it was good.

EDIT: Yeah, I want a same sex marriage and immigration discussion too. [Frown]

[ October 08, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

Q: When have you made a wrong decision?

A: Here is a list of my correct decisions. I'm such a genius. Oh, by the way, I'll take responsibility for my wrong decisions.

[ October 08, 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Ben
Member # 6117

hes not giving 3 instances.
celia60
Member # 2039

Antidisestablishmentarianism?

Oddly, in making a joke of the longest word I know, I may have actually answered Ben's question. [ROFL]

[ October 08, 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Katarain
Member # 6659

I hate those questions... like in an interview.. "What is your biggest weakness?" Not that I don't think it's a valid question... I just don't like it.

Things I hate about Kerry?

His actions after Vietnam.
His position on the U.N. and the U.S.

Those are the two BIG ones.

The fact that I agree more with republicans than democrats on most issues is part of it, too, of course.

-Katarain

Ben
Member # 6117

DAMMIT! I'm wanting him to answer the mistakes question....i want my 3 instances. i want it i want it i want it.

(i learned how to throw a tantrum from this debate. yay bush yay)

Speed
Member # 5162

There's a sound bite: "If he were in power... we'd all be better off." [Smile]

[ October 08, 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

celia60
Member # 2039

I think you should amend the second one to your interpretation of his position on the UN.
Ben
Member # 6117

what position on the UN and the US?

and how can you loathe a man for serving his country only to come back and regret things he'd done and participated in?

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...did Bush just address Kerry as "ma'am"?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

Nah. I don't think I'll amend it. I hear what he's saying. I don't believe it.

If he committed crimes, he needs to pay for them.

-Katarain

Ben
Member # 6117

but bush should be immune to consequences for criminal acts and/or negligence?
Katarain
Member # 6659

No.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.