FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are you really a girl? Gender MIx Up on Hatrack (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Are you really a girl? Gender MIx Up on Hatrack
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought if your post is backed with yellow you are a guy and if it is backed with ecru you are a girl.
If that were true we'd all be hermaphroditic... [ROFL]

[ October 13, 2004, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a woman once.

Oh, wait, a bit dislexic.

I saw a woman once.

Yeah, that's it.

I saw a woman once.

Then that darn restraining order kicked in.

As did the woman.

Guess I shouldn't have used the small hand saw.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pooka, I still think of you as a giant bunny.
But if I and The Rabbit fought, who would win?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
My handlers haven't assigned me a gender yet.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as people aren't confused about my gender after meeting me in person, I'm not very concerned with them getting it wrong here. Though I do think mine rather obvious, and I'd question the deductive skills of someone who couldn't tell.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

quote:
Why they believed me and not her is something I will never understand.
Cause you can't trust "girls".
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if I and The Rabbit fought, who would win?
Depends. How much jello and mud are we talking about here?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] Aw Beren, you're nice. Stop it some more.

Pooka, your name is very similar to "pooky" which is what I call my baby niece and nephew and any other really cute baby. I also had a visual picture of a Pokemon character. *ducks to avoid flogging* I don't know why!! It's my subconscious playing tricks on me!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As long as people aren't confused about my gender after meeting me in person, I'm not very concerned with them getting it wrong here. Though I do think mine rather obvious, and I'd question the deductive skills of someone who couldn't tell.
What? I thought "moose" was gender-neutral?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Pooky is also the name of Garfield's teddy bear. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been (understandably) mistaken for a guy on multiple occasions. When I registered on PWeb oh so long ago, I thought I was supposed to have a character's name, and Miro was my favorite character. Then I just carried the name over here. Didn't really think about the gender.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Pooky is also the name of Garfield's teddy bear. [Smile]
That's what it always made me think of. It also sounds like a sexy pet name.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polio
Member # 6479

- posted      Profile for Polio   Email Polio         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to let people think I was a guy all the time; it was quite amusing. However, I will now let the cat out of the bag: I'm not a boy.
Posts: 165 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless Mr. Head was suddenly less dripping and virile and posting under an alias, I was pretty sure Bev was indeed a woman. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT? Goat is a girl?!?

I'm going to have to go re-set my worldview. Honestly. I've never doubted for a moment that you were male.

Weird.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to go back and check on Corwin, and here it is:
quote:
Icarus is a guy. And so am I.

D'oh!
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I am apparently one of the very few who thought Goat was a guy.... At least I'm in good company [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie: I think she mentioned it a couple of times before, but I too thought she was a boy... And Goat, you thought everybody knows you! [No No]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie
Member # 6939

- posted      Profile for Susie   Email Susie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Personally, I was really disappointed when I found out your girlfriend's name wasn't Susie.
You know I had to register this username now. [Smile]

*winks at Hobbes*

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait wait wait *checks*

Awwww.

Nope, still a guy.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Proteus...there are some procedures out there that you may be interested in.

[Wink]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but i was kinda hoping it would be a surprise! Its not fun if i expect it.

[Monkeys]

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*giggles*

You know there are surprises and then there are surprises!

[Eek!]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
mE'S A GUYZ()R... BUT I THINK WE ALL KNEW THAT.
Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

10 Ways to check if you are a man.

10) Turn on Three Stooges. Laugh--Man.

9) Drive on unknown road. If you stop for direction before 15 minutes of driving in circles--Not Man.

8) After using the restroom facilities, stop before leaving the room. Turn around. Seat up? Man.

7)Check pay stub with co-worker who has same job. Whoever makes more money--Man

6)What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the word--Kinky.

If it was an image--Man.

5) If it reminded you to unknot your necklace--Not Man.

4) Bodilly noises enjoyable? Man

3) If you remember ripping open a cute stuffed animal just to see what was inside--Man

2) Fire Fun! Man.

1) Allergic to Cuddleing--Man.

Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Allergic to Cuddleing--Man
This is the only one I find debatable.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I am not saying all men are allergic to cuddling (I'm not). I'm saying if you are, they you are a Man.
Tammy
Member # 4119

And I'm saying that some women have been found to be allergic to cuddling. [Smile]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Ok, ok.

I'll change #1.

1) Look in your closet. If you have more than 5 pairs of shows, that are not ratty and torn--not a man.

Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay, you're good to go.
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I would also debate the
quote:
Fire Fun! Man.

After years of Girl Scouts and camping, I have been able to make quite pretty fires, and enjoy it.
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that you refer to your fires as "pretty" says all that needs to be said.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

But, zgator, fire is pretty.

[ October 14, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

RRR
Member # 6601

- posted      Profile for RRR   Email RRR         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WHAT? Goat is a girl?!?

I'm going to have to go re-set my worldview. Honestly. I've never doubted for a moment that you were male.

Weird.

quote:
I am apparently one of the very few who thought Goat was a guy.... At least I'm in good company [Big Grin]
quote:
Annie: I think she mentioned it a couple of times before, but I too thought she was a boy... And Goat, you thought everybody knows you! [No No]
[ROFL]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to go with Tammy on this one. Fire is pretty. And I'm a guy.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Poor, misunderstood Goat.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Also:
quote:
I've read that thread too and was surprised to see that Goat is a girl and everybody knows it...
Corwin, in this thread.

[Evil]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all woman, baby. It's just that my second X chromosome is a little stunted.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Oh man, I'm feeling eviller than usual.

[ October 14, 2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I like fire. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my God...that list is obviously a joke.

Anyway, it should be perfectly clear to everyone what my gender is from my name ^^.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
9) Drive on unknown road. If you stop for direction before 15 minutes of driving in circles--Not Man.

Lol. Tell that to my parents. My mom hates stopping to ask for directions. My dad is always the one who does.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of studies that indicated that women are actually less likely, on average, to ask for directions. But who knows?

I would dispute some of the items (I hate the Three Stooges, I don't find bodily noises amusing, and I have no problems with cuddling, for example), but I suppose it never said that each item applies to all men. More like if this does apply to you, then you are a man. In which case, I know girls who could dispute some of them. But none of them are here.

Or maybe my lack of compliance with half the list can be attributed to the fact that I'm actually half woman. (See, my mother's a woman, but my father's not, so that would make me half. Right?)

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Or maybe my lack of compliance with half the list can be attributed to the fact that I'm actually half woman. (See, my mother's a woman, but my father's not, so that would make me half. Right?)

I like that reasoning. [Smile]
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm......looks at SN. OK, so maybe I'm just an older, taller, boy. A 24 yo child. I don't care. [Razz]

An' Da_Goat..........How do goat and bein'.....nevermind. I don't want to know.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering my screen name, my gender should be fairly obvious.

*stops and thinks*

On the other hand, I've know a couple of drag queens who (whom?) this name would fit quite well. They're the ones I learned to throw attitude from in the first place. I figure, if you're going to learn, learn from the best. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
is a little stunted
That is what SHE said...lol..
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.