FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Movie quotes that stick in your mind (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Movie quotes that stick in your mind
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Detective Del Spooner: [sneezes] ...Sorry, I'm allergic to bulls**t.
-- I, Robot

Lester Burnham: [narrating] I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
-- American Beauty

Lester Burnham: [narrating] It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.
-- American Beauty

"How are you ?" "God, it's been long time since anybody asked me that... I'm great."
-- American Beauty - Angela Hayes & Lester Burnham

Get busy living, or get busy dying...
-- Shawshank Redemption

I just remembered that I had a file with all sorts of quotes I like - from movies, books, music, life, heck, I even have saxon75's Ode and a comment by ak about being in love! It serves me better than my memory! [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
They say when you meet the love of your life, time stands still, and it's true. But what they don't tell you is that after that, it has to move twice as fast to catch up
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Fish!
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally rented Big Fish, because of the recommendations I saw here. My wife was angry with me afterward, because the ending made her cry.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!"
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's only a flesh wound"

"Look on the bright side of life."

"Certainly sir has room for one small little mint..."

"Camelot is a silly place."

"She turned me into a newt....I got better."

[ October 14, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
"I had a finger up my @$$hole tonight."
"Oh, is it Friday already?"

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
"The Life of a repoman is always intense."

"Radiation, yes indeed! You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-boxed do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense! Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year. They ought to have 'em too. "

"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes."

"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are. "

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
"I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture. Love - like there has never been in a play. "
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbeLinclon
Member # 6923

- posted      Profile for AbeLinclon   Email AbeLinclon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Scene 3
[clop clop]
ARTHUR: Old woman!
DENNIS: Man!
ARTHUR: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
DENNIS: I'm thirty seven.
ARTHUR: What?
DENNIS: I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old!
ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'.
DENNIS: Well, you could say `Dennis'.
ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called `Dennis.'
DENNIS: Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
ARTHUR: I did say sorry about the `old woman,' but from the
behind you looked--
DENNIS: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an
inferior!
ARTHUR: Well, I AM king...
DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By
exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist
dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our
society! If there's ever going to be any progress--
WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh -- how
d'you do?
ARTHUR: How do you do, good lady. I am Arthur, King of the
Britons. Who's castle is that?
WOMAN: King of the who?
ARTHUR: The Britons.
WOMAN: Who are the Britons?
ARTHUR: Well, we all are. we're all Britons and I am your king.
WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an
autonomous collective.
DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship.
A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN: Oh there you go, bringing class into it again.
DENNIS: That's what it's all about if only people would--
ARTHUR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives
in that castle?
WOMAN: No one live there.
ARTHUR: Then who is your lord?
WOMAN: We don't have a lord.
ARTHUR: What?
DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We
take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the
week.
ARTHUR: Yes.
DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
at a special biweekly meeting.
ARTHUR: Yes, I see.
DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal
affairs,--
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--
ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
ARTHUR: I am your king!
WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.
ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.
WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the
purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of
the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to
carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power
just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just
because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd
put me away!
ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here
that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing
me, you saw it didn't you?

-Monty Python and the holy Grail

This doesn't really stick in your head but it's hilarious... [Evil Laugh] [Laugh] [ROFL] [Party]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

"What on earth are you wearing?"
"Don't you like it? You bought it."
"Did I? How extraordinary of me..."

"Nobody can stab a corpse and not know it."
"Really? When was the last time you stabbed a corpse?"

"I'll tell you what he said. He asked me to forcibly insert the Life Line exercise card into my anus."

"Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he's tries to do it, you kick him in the balls."

Wow, I love movies. Yay!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh...

Fantastic. Rabbit, that quote just made my day.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
Because . . . there's something NASTY in the woodshed!
Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grigori
Member # 6917

- posted      Profile for Grigori   Email Grigori         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Soldier: "I'm going to kill them all, sir."

2. Real Genius: "There are many decaffinated brands on the market just as tasty as the real thing."

3. Boondock Saints: "there is far a worse evil that walks among us. That evil is the indifference of good."

4. Prophecy: (courtesy of viggo) "Do you know what Hell is? Hell is not lakes of burning fire, or chains of ice. Hell is being removed from the sight of god and having his word taken from you."

5. Snatch: "Your guns say 'Replica' on it. Mine says Desert Eagle, five point Oh."

6. 5th element: "Uhh... Negative. I am a Meat Popsicle."

7. Indiana Jones: "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?"

8: The long Kiss goodnight: Voice on the radio: "Sir, I'm hit. I'm bleeding pretty bad. I think I'm dying."

Lead Bad guy: "Continue Dying."

9: Pulp Fiction: "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"

And last but not least...

10 Fight Club: "I haven't been F###ed like that since grade school..."

Posts: 23 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Megamaid. She's gone from suck to blow.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
You know for that Fight Club quote the line was originally, "I want to have your abortion." However, many groups objected to that line, so they changed it to what it is today. When they saw that they realized it was far, far worse, and objected again, but by then it was too late.

I love that story.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
"They will all taste oblivion. Which tastes just like Red Bull. Which is disgusting."

Red vs. Blue

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Young Grasshopper... (add whatever)

--Kung-fu 'nuff said.

The children are throwing snowballs! Instead of throwing heads!

--Nightmare Before Christmas

Howard: Why are you taking number 1!?
Newton: Howard, our best defense against Number 5 is Number 1, how else do we defend ourselves.
Howard: Oh great, so instead of $11,000,000 on the run we have 22!
Ben: Plus we are needing gas money.

-- Short Circut

Lee:Do you understand the words that I am speaking!?
Carter: No one can understand the words that are commin' outta yo' mouth, man!

-- Rush Hour 2

Follow the Yellow Brick Road!
-- Wizard of Oz.

Forrester: I have a homeland I haven't visited for fifty years.
Jemal: Oh, that's Ireland right?
Forrester: Scotland for (pete's for censoring) sake!
Jemal:I know, I'm jus' playin' with you man.

-- Finding Forrester

(Flatuence)
Austin: Did you just soil yourself?
FB: *grins* Maybay.
Austin: Ugh! That's just sick.
FB: Oh! Oh yes! Wafting... Wafting... Ach, you gotta love yer own brand! It smells like, wet dog, covered in Crap!

-- Austin Powers, Gold Member

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah: "Well I might as well tell you right now that I can't think of another thing I want to hear you say."

What a slick way to tell somebody to shut up.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
keep icing your front bum. Swelling continues if you don't ice
and
quote:
For the first time in my life, I was in love. And I knew it would last forever... Boy was I a dumb ass.
Get over it

[ October 15, 2004, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm interested in doing a weekly dramatic series based on the Ecumenical Liberation Army. The way I see the series is: Each week we open with an authentic act of political terrorism taken on the spot, in the actual moment. Then we go to the drama behind the opening film footage. That's your job, Ms. Hobbs. You've got to get the Ecumenicals to bring in that film footage for us. The network can't deal with them directly; they are, after all, wanted criminals."

-Diana, "Network"

"Get out, go anywhere you want, go to a hotel, go live with her, and don't come back. Because, after 25 years of building a home and raising a family and all the senseless pain that we have inflicted on each other, I'm damned if I'm going to stand here and have you tell me you're in love with somebody else. Because this isn't a convention weekend with your secretary, is it? Or - or some broad that you picked up after three belts of booze. This is your great winter romance, isn't it? Your last roar of passion before you settle into your emeritus years. Is that what's left for me? Is that my share? She gets the winter passion, and I get the dotage? What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to sit at home knitting and purling while you slink back like some penitent drunk? I'm your wife, damn it. And, if you can't work up a winter passion for me, the least I require is respect and allegiance. I hurt. Don't you understand that? I hurt badly."

-Louise, "Network"

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad."

--Howard Beale, "Network"

" It is the international system of currency which determines the vitality of life on this planet. THAT is the natural order of things today. THAT is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today. And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature. And YOU WILL ATONE. Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little 21-inch screen and howl about America, and democracy. There is no America; there is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today."

--Arthur Jensen, "Network"

The point being, you should see "Network."

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
"This is a snakeskin jacket, and for me it’s a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom" - Wild at Heart

"Dick Laurent is dead" - Lost Highway

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

"There was abuse in my family, but it was mostly musical in nature."
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Enemy at the Gates

quote:
Danilov : I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be man. There is no new man. We worked so hard to create a society that was equal, where there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But there's always something to envy. A smile, a friendship, something you don't have and want to appropriate. In this world, even a Soviet one, there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love.
--j_k
Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Turgan
Member # 6697

- posted      Profile for Turgan   Email Turgan         Edit/Delete Post 
Arthur: HOW DID THE FRENCH COME TO LIVE IN ENGLAND?

French Soldier: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, YOU ENGLISH PEEG DOGG!!!!

-Quest for the holy grail

Posts: 529 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, if you're going to quote Monty Python, I must require that you do it right. The quote is:

Galahad: What are you doing in England?
Frenchman: Mind your own business!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
i enjoy this quotation. Its fun to say randomly to people at times

quote:
Pointed stick? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves
against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh
fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad.
When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes
after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Now nearly all those I loved and did not understand when I was young are dead, but I still reach
out to them.

Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and some friends think I shouldn't. Like
many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often
do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all
existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River
and a four-count rhythm and the hope that fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's
great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless
raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.

quote:
In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing. We lived at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana, and our father was a Presbyterian minister and a fly fisherman who tied his own flies and taught others. He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.

quote:
It is those we live with and love and should know who elude us.

[ October 15, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
You wanna get outta here? You talk to me.

--The Road Warrior

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"I taught that kid everything he knows. . . but not everything I know."
Lance Henrikson in Near Dark a great vampire movie.

[ October 15, 2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm your Huckleberry
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

Men are rats, they're fleas on rats, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. They're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can trust is her Daddy.
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"In 30 years of war, bloodshed, and tragedy the Italians came up with Michaelangelo, Da Vinvi and the Renaissance. The Swiss had 500 years of peace and brotherhood, what did they come up with? The cookoo clock."
Orson Wells as Harry Lime, The Third Man

[ October 15, 2004, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
TheRabbit quotes Repo Man... one of my favorites.
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
babager: [Big Grin] I have that as a sig on one forum.

quote:
I cursed thirty-seven times last
week... I said the f-word a couple
times, but mostly "sh!#s" and
"bastards."
(beat)
Is "Douche bag" a curse?

I suppose it's in its usage.

How about "John you're a douche bag
for kissing Barbara?"

That's a curse.

Then it's not thirty-seven. It's
seventy-one.

quote:
I was at this party once. I'm on a
couch with Sara Mckinney. She was
just sitting there, looking
beautiful and staring at me. I go
to lean in and kiss her and I
realize I have gum in my mouth. I
turn and take out the gum. Stuff
it in my paper cup next to the sofa
and turn around. Sara Mckinney
throws up all over herself.
I knew the second it happened. It
was a miracle. I could have been
kissing her when she threw up.
That would have scarred me for
life. I may never have recovered.
I'm a miracle man. Those lights
are a miracle.

-Signs
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QuinnM
Member # 6835

- posted      Profile for QuinnM           Edit/Delete Post 
"What the f** did you f**ing f**cks f**king.. F**K!!!"

"Well, that demenstrates the diveristy of the word"

- Boondock Saints

"Is it dead?"

- Boondock Saints

"I can't find my finger"

- Boondock Saints

"Are you stalking me? Because that would be super."

- Van Wilder

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. "

- Van Wilder

Van Wilder : What is wrong with people today?
Hutch : [taking a hit from a bong] It's the internet, it fries their brain cells.

- Van Wilder

Last one, i promise:

"ou shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive. "

- Van Wilder

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to. "

Points to whoever identifies it. [Big Grin]

Edit: No cheating to do a search. [No No]

[ October 16, 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
"I am no woman!"

"I need a vacation..."

I got another one that's my favourite all time, but I can't think of it right now. AAAAGGHHHH!!! [Dont Know]

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
The rumba is the vertical expression of a horizontal wish. You have to hold her, like the skin on her thigh is your reason for living. Let her go, like your heart's being ripped from your chest. Throw her back, like you're going to have your way with her right here on the dance floor. And then finish, like she's ruined you for life.

-Shall We Dance

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Mike: Things haven't been that smooth on the homefront -- so, tone it down a little.

Worm: Tone what down, motherfu****?

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Rabbit, A River Runs Through It is one of my all-time favorite movies.
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Little girls are the devil!" -The Waterboy
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

I think I feel a turtle head pokin' out. [Blushing]
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
"Stop, sir. I beseech you. I apologize, Mr. Bassett, for calling your wife a bloated wart-hog. I trust honor has been satisfied, and bid you good day."

"I am Conner MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518, in the village of Glamis, on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal"

- There some easy ones.

Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel bad for those of you whose "unforgettable" quotes are so utterly disgusting. [Razz]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerin
Member # 3902

- posted      Profile for Aerin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm like the dumb girl that doesn't get it. I've never been the dumb girl before. It ain't so great.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Promethius
Member # 2468

- posted      Profile for Promethius           Edit/Delete Post 
I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Tyler Durden-Fight Club

Posts: 473 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaDamian
Member # 6950

- posted      Profile for LaDamian           Edit/Delete Post 
Conner: Well, the rule of thumb around here is...
Big Fat Sweathog: Wait, the rule of thumb? Back in the early 1800s it was legal for a man to beat his wife as long as he used a stick no wider than his thumb.
Conner: Can't do much damage with that now can you? Seems to me it should have been the rule of wrist.
-The Boondock Saints

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
-The Boondock Saints

"Peter, if you like this girl so much, why don't you just ask her out?"(read with an indian accent)
-Office Space

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
"There is nothing between us. There has never been anything between us. Just air."

--Gene Kelly Singing in the Rain

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.