FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Reeces Peanut Butter Mouse (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Reeces Peanut Butter Mouse
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Does your house have a belfrey?

I mean, you already have a wicked sister......and I am sure you have some steps.... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay is sitting next to me and I doubt I've ever heard her laugh louder than that, kwea.

She claims I have heard her laugh louder.

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, she obviously didn't get that fact that I was kidding about reusing the traps (even though they are reusable.. [Big Grin] ), so I guess that makes up for that....

[Big Grin]

I was serious ablut the De-Con, though...it works great. I had mice about 3 years ago in another aprtment, and it got rid of all of them right away.

I would put a bit down under the house, too...that is where a lot of them live and breed. Don't put it anywhere small kids or pets can get it though....it is pretty nasty suff.

Which is why it works so damn good!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Hello to ElJay via Int3.

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Hey ElJay (and Intell 3), we are having fun in here , at dkw's expense...and you are missing it!
[Evil]

Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay: There's no way I could even manage to do what you described. No mouse traps for me, ever.

I *heart* live animals. I freak out over dead things.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
As part of my job, I am heavily involved in West Nile Virus surveillance, which, if you've been following the news at all for the last 5 years, means that I am collecting dead birds for WNV testing. Most recently, I've been tasked with bleeding live birds for virus detection. So I had to learn to handle the birds, find they's little veins, poke them with a very tiny needle, and take they's blood. Sometimes they die of shock in my hands. It is very sad.

BUT I guess that's why I get the big bucks right?

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Twink... after Int3 posted that we left the computer for chocolate and whiskey, so the hello didn't get through 'til now. [Wink]

Going home now that I'm sober, see y'all later...

ElJay

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sun, I know what you mean--I hate killing things (and yet I enjoy eating meat. Hypocritical I know), and do it as rarely as possible. If possible, I try to come up with a way to solve or manage a pest problem that doesn't involve killing, or at least gives the pest a choice in the matter (I'll put out honey for ants, for example, being well aware that many of them will drown themselves in it). With mice, though, it can be necessary to kill them sometimes. I use live traps as much as possible, and haven't had to resort to a lethal trap in ages, but in certain circumatances I'd use them. Mice can do an incredible amount of damage, including gnawing through the insulation on wires, to a house, can destroy your food stores, and can spread disease. As much as I would regret it, there are circumstances in which I would use a lethal trap. Or a cat (which, if they're good, are fully mobile, low light capable lethal traps with built in Model of Mind for a range of prey).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh. Turns out I'd missed quite a few posts in there, which means that Sun wasn't saying what I thought she was saying. I'd delete my post, but I like my description of a cat, so I'm leaving it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I like your description of a cat, too.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
They're here, Eljay!!!! The chocolate's here!!!!!! [Eek!] [The Wave] [Kiss] [Hail] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Razz] [Party]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I take it they make it through customs then....

ELJay rocks...

Now where is MY chocolate???

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Noemon
Member # 1115

Take little bites, quidscribs--that's not a chocolate bar to be eaten in one or two bites.

Now, what flavors did she get you?

Noemon
Member # 1115

Nevermind--found your new thread.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I should just make it painfully easy for anyone to find it. Whaddya think?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

So, just cuz this is one of my all-time favorite threads and there's currently two mouse threads on the front page, I thought this deserved an honorary bump.

*bump*

[Big Grin]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.