FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Headphone Recommendations

Author Topic: Headphone Recommendations
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about buying some headphones and wanted to know if the 'Rack had any recommendations on some good(cheapish)ones.
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you want them for? Listening to music/DVDs on computer/stereo/tv? Talking over the internet? For noisy situations where you want to drown out the background noise?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

- posted      Profile for Wonko The Sane   Email Wonko The Sane         Edit/Delete Post 
games/music/computer
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I have these. I love them.

I tend not to like little headphones that don't cover the ear entirely (or worse...the ones that go in your ear...blech!), but Aiwa is a good brand for headphones in general.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, yeah. I'm looking for headphones for my ipod and for the computer at work. Mostly for music.

I don't like earbuds. I don't really want something huge and clunky (like the noise-cancellation $300 type). Anyone have any suggestions for me, too?

I used Koss $15 headphones for a long time, but they wore out last year.

Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Plantronics makes decent stuff if you're looking for something more along the lines of a headset (headphones + mic). They're a pretty good bang for the buck. The other brand I'd go with is Sennheiser. They have quality stuff, but look around, because some of their stuff can be pricey. If you're going for sound quality and money isn't an issue, Zalman makes surround sound headphones.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy iPods headphones that actaully go into the ear, they are soft and comfortable, and block out most of the outside sound.
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of wish I had headphones that didn't gost and arm and a leg or go into the ear that blocked out all sound so I can hear opera singers over traffic and at the same time not worry about losing my hearing
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko The Sane
Member # 2945

are these good?

[ October 26, 2004, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.