FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys (or girls) i don't know about you all, but i am absolutely stoked about this movie. in case you didnt know its based off of FFVII, which is supposed to be one of the greatest Final Fantasies of all time. If you care, i thought i would give you this info and a link. take a look at some of the screen shots, they're tremendous. [Evil] [Evil]

gamespot.com's coverage

Here are the screen shots I was talking about.

Also: if your into Final Fantasy junk i found this great website specifically for FF:
http://www.afinalfantasy.com/

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it being released in theaters? I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be straight-to-DVD, which is disappointing. [Frown] I'd much rather see it in the theater.

And if it IS going to be in the theaters, then I will likely play VII next instead of replaying VIII like I planned. I definitely want to finish VII before seeing the movie.

Please, please, please tell me Uematsu is doing the music? Please? I am so in love with his stuff that it's practically the only thing I've listened to for the past year.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

Last i heard it was being released straight to DVD which really angers me. i dunno. about the music, i will have to check on that, i dont know if they have announced who is doing it. that would be cool though.

But, yeah, i had to go out and buy 7 so that i could play it before the movie came out. i was so excited when i found it.

I will check on the music thing though.

oh and a few more FF sites
http://www.ffinsider.net/
http://www.eyesonff.com/
http://www.ffshrine.org/

from what ive seen of these other sites, Eyes On FF looks to be the best with FF Insider coming a close second.

again, ill check on the music

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Will it have Vincent ands Yuffie? That is all I care about!
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lefty the One-armed Man
Member # 6161

- posted      Profile for Lefty the One-armed Man           Edit/Delete Post 
There have been some rumors floating around that it's only going to be released for Playstation Portable, at least initially.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about anyone else, but I really liked "The Spirits Within", even if it did get bad reviews.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vv009vV
Member # 2568

- posted      Profile for Vv009vV   Email Vv009vV         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh GOD please do not replay FFVIII... by the definition of "replay" i can assume you've played it through once, the most god awful squaresoft rpg in history

-EDS

Posts: 92 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I love VINCENT!

*rudely kicks the guy who did the post above me*
I like FFVIII. The character interaction was very nice.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really like to see them stop messing about and just pour this time and energy into remaking FF7. Update the graphics, do wonderful things to the music and avoid adding in voice talent.

*Dan is a big FF7 nut and is currently listening to remixes of the FF7 soundtrack.*

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

To each his own, Vv009vV. I absolutely LOVED VIII.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Time to pour my love of the movie and game...

Why yes, Vincent and Yuffie will both be in the movie, also, almost any other character that wasn't killed will be too. (I don't know about Cait Sith, I kind of doubt it.)

For me, I've got a great background of good ol' Sephiroth looking up at you all nuts n'stuff from the movie.

It may interest you to know these...
Re-make it with better graphics? SquareEnix said that they would consider doing that if any of the playstations weren't cross compatible.

Vincent in his own game? Yup, there's going to be a game completely devoted to him.

Turkified! There will be a game, so far only announced for Japan, on the cell phone... In it you play as the Turks.

VIII Was not the worst, not as good as VII... But still good. Now IX X X-2 FFTA... THOSE were bad.

Personally, I get all tingly when I see tifa whomp down and destroy a guy with her amazing Kempo abilities... I always just go [Laugh] .

Here's a lot of good info on it. http://www.adventchildren.net

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
Cid is in it! Yay! [Party]
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

Isn't it a rule that Cid has to appear in every Final Fantasy production? [Razz]
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... I noticed that, as well as Wedge, and whathisname... they always tend to appear. I was pissed when Aeris died but only because I had used her as m main healer, damnit! All the effort down the drain. I hav Final Fantasy I, II, III, VII, IX, X, X-2. I played FF8 but gave up when my file got erased for the 4th time in a row. Like scheise! There is some kind of conspiracy to prevent me from finishing a final fantasy game. It's has always been a sibling of mine to have finish it then I give up since I watched them do it! ARHHG!
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ae
Member # 3291

- posted      Profile for ae   Email ae         Edit/Delete Post 
What I never grokked about FF is how it has characters dying in the plot when they can and will, in the game, die and be brought back countless times. It just doesn't sit right with me.
Posts: 2443 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

You know, some of us haven't finished FFVII yet, and would appreciate NOT knowing spoilers, kthnx. [Mad]
Peter
Member # 4373

Uh, lets see, there is a rumor about it being only for PSP, but personally, i dont think that would happen. It doesn't make good business sense to make a movie only for a portable gaming system you are just creating, yeah its good propoganda, but personally, i wouldnt go out and buy a PSP just for AC. ( i paln on buying a DS first, im a dedicated nintendo fan)

i thought FFTSW was a great movie, not neccecarily something that seems like FF but a good movie.

Vv009vV: why would you come on to a FF topic just to post anti-FF stuff. that was one of the most pointless things I've ever seen.

umm, from the reviews i read, Cloud is the only original character in FFVII:AV, but those are only the initial rumors. The screen shots of Sephiroth look incredible, but are just thought to be a flash back.

still looking about the music thing, i cant seem to find anything.

xnera
Member # 187

Yay on Nobuo doing the music! [The Wave]
Peter
Member # 4373

thanks, just show me up why dont ya?

*goes off to pout and scheme*

[Grumble]

edit: sheepishly had to add an 's' to 'thanks'completely killing anything i had going, also, i realized it was time to update my profile

[ October 26, 2004, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Peter ]

Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
The PSP rumor I've seen (I haven't exactly been following this closely so I only suspect it's a rumor) is that it will be usable on a normal DVD player but there will be special features that can only be accessed by PSP users. Don't ask me how reliable this all is, I couldn't even begin to guess.
Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

But Peter, you started the thread, for which you deserve a [Kiss] .

(seriously, this thread is really helping to keep my spirits up, so [Kiss] to everyone in it!)

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah... I noticed that, as well as Wedge, and whathisname... they always tend to appear. I was pissed when Aeris died but only because I had used her as m main healer, damnit!
It's biggs, as in wedge and biggs from star wars.

I often feel that FFVII gets too much credit for killing off a main character halfway through the game. There were plenty of other games to do this before FF. Phantasy star II comes to mind.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LockeTreaty
Member # 5627

- posted      Profile for LockeTreaty   Email LockeTreaty         Edit/Delete Post 
Weedge and Biggs as a common thread in the FF series only started in Final Fantasy 6. However, it's U.S. translation (where it was titled FF3) had been miss translated so that biggs was translated into Vicks.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
VII was without a doubt, one of the greatest of all time for video RPGs.

VIII wasn't as good, but it really choked me up in the Orphanage scenes. It had a couple of great moments, but I just didn't like the characters nearly as much.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

xnera: thanks for the kind words, i only do what i can, and most of the time its not as good as it needs to be. but yeh....

To the PSP thing, i don't understand how that would work, the PSP uses UMD (minidisc's basically) and i dont see how that could hold an entire movie, then again, depends on what kind of code the are using. ubnless....they put a UMD disc in with the DVD.....hmmm.....

i dunno, maybe this is just a selfish bump to get my thread to the first page again.

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I highly doubt it will be for the PSP only, it wouldn't suprise me, however, for the PS2...

Anyways, yes all of those characters are in the movie... (In the website I posted you can see trailers with them in it... I like Barret's new gun)

I just squirm everytime I hear something new on it... In fact I'm playing Sephiroth the One Winged Angel now...

So... yeah.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

OK FFVII:AC will be out in September.

here

It's the fourth one down as of 2:20 5/18/2005

His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
IMO, FF IX was one of the most underrated FFs produced. I personally loved it (and thought it was worlds ahead of VIII). Then again, my all time favorite FF was FF II (in the States) so I liked the return to a more fantastical world. Although nobody really cares, here's a list of the FFs I've played in order of best to worst:

II (states), III (states), VII, IX, X, X-2, VIII.

Of course, the best video game (and RPG) of all time is Chrono Trigger.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've played and beat I, IIj, IIIj, IV, VII, IX

I've played some of V and VIII and Tactics.

Currently playing through VI for the first time.

I loves me some FF

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
If any Final Fantasy should be made into a movie it should b Final Fantasy 3! Technically it's Finaly Fantasy 6 because that's what it was in Japan, I believe.

That has the best plot out of all of them! I did start playing Final Fantasy 7, but lost interest after a while... which is sad because I absolutely adored Final Fantasy 2 and 3. (and somewhat 1)

Oh to see characters like Locke, Celes and Terra on the big screen... not to mention Kefka... yeah sure he's freaky but no other badguy has such a .... maniachle laugh.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
F7 has a wonderful story. I'd highly suggest sticking to the end with that one.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.