FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Great Hatrack Peace Thread! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Great Hatrack Peace Thread!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I proclaim this thread to be the Great Hatrack Peace Thread!

I've been noticing a wee bit of tension between some of our members here. Come! Let us make love not war! Let the bridges be rebuilt! Long live Hatrack! Long live our great e-community and OSC! We can overcome any little miscommunications or even outright insults. Hatrack is worth it.
[Smile]
[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've never understood why it's always presented as a choice between "making love" and "making war". Why can't I do niether one?

And actually, making love reaches it's highest peaks about the same time as war, right before a war, and right after (right when all the men think they'll die, and want to keep their genes alive, and right when they all re-enter the society of women most of them have been seperated from for years). So I choose to make niether love, nor war.

Maybe I'll go make scary faces in the corner...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I choose to make both love and war! I will make war on the mountain of laundry in the laundry room.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

This now reminds me of my mother's best friend, who had a little poodle. Whenever she took it out to relieve itself, she would say, "Make good for Mommie!"
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*singing & swaying*

"all we are saying, is give peace a chance"

[Group Hug]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Can we visualize whirled peas? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Bob_Scopatz and I approved this message.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, as a spokesperson for WGAS (We Give A $hit), I'm not sure you can say that....

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
♫ Oh we are the folk song army
and everyone of us cares
we all hate poverty war and destruction,
unlike the rest of you squares

there are iinocuous folksongs, yeah
but we regard them with scorn
the folks who sing 'em have no social concience,
why, they don't even care if Jimmy Cracked Corn...

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Diversity of opinion is not war. One is good, whereas the other is bad.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to make love, but all the good ones seem to be taken. [Frown] Maybe I should make war on somebody's boyfriend. [Evil]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Group Hug]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now I've been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun

Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the peace train
Come on now peace train

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I choose to make both love and war! I will make war on the mountain of laundry in the laundry room.
That's a pretty good spot for making love, too.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but do that first. Cuz no one wants to wash the laundry twice in one day.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on how dirty the laundry is, of course. If it's a pile of towels that were wet when they were first piled together, for example, I'm thinking I could find better places to have sex.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Big Grin] Yours was funnier rivka.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Excuse me, but I am NOT airing my dirty laundry here. You people are so naughty!
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but the question, Jake, is would you?

Timing is indeed everything.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

To heck with "location location location."

That's so prosaic.

Elizabeth: [Big Grin]
It'll all come out in the wash, anyway.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

My wit used to be drier; now I'm all wet.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

[Wink]
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've noticed that most fluff threads you post in tend to turn into a discussion of sex, Sara. [No No]

[Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Nah, she is just trying to agitate me. She is not trying to deter gents.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I can't help it -- I was drawn that way. [Big Grin]

Seriously, I didn't introduce making love, I just embellished on it. Fluffed it up and hung it out to dry, so to speak.

[Wink]

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

You took me for a tumble there, Elizabeth. A lot of spin to that perspective, methinks.
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Yo. Peace. Is like good, man. Totally rad. Yo.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to send an e-mail, but this is better. I'd like to tell Newfoundlogic that even though we usually seem to be on different sides of issues, I respect his debating skills. Often he has stumped me, supporting his postions so well I give up in despair (even though I just know I'm right!), most recently in that thread on nukes. I was sure I could be convincing that 2 nukes in Japan in WWII was overkill, but in the end I wasn't. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. [Dont Know]

I look forward to arguing with you in the future, nfl. [Wave]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I looked and looked, Morbo, but I couldn't find any puns in your post, or any references to sex. I'm thinking you must be in the wrong thread.

Maybe you're just exercising restraint, though; I can certainly respect that. If I could deter gents from making puns around here I might just do the same, but I figure that since I can't, All I can do is Shout helplessly as I'm washed out to sea by the rising Tide of puns around here.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude [Cool] kaioshin

Oh wait...

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Hah! Get a load of this:

New Comedy Tour
"You might be in the wrong thread if ..."

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Ah, man, I want to stay and play, but I've gotta Bounce.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp...

You rock my world. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

That might be a good idea for a new thread Sara. Of course, we'd have to iron out the details first to make sure we didn't touch on any taboo subjects--otherwise I could see people getting pretty steamed about it.
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a pretty good spot for making love, too.

Speaking of which, the drier, while it's on.....
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll make war. Burning stuff is fun.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no. You have it all wrong. It's, "Make cookies, not war." [Wink]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
*smooches*

[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
*demolishes bridges*

*fosters hate*

*miscommunicates*

*incites tension*

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

[No No] @ you hippies!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Speaking of which, the drier, while it's on
Oh no! The washing machine during its spin cycle!

[Kiss] Rakeesh come sit beside me and help me work on my daisy chain.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Are you sitting on the washing machine??

Shame for corrupting an innocent Mormon boy. [Wink]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
*makes love*

(well, okay - only in my mind)

*sings Peter, Paul & Mary songs, swaying back & forth*

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
[Eek!] Are you sitting on the washing machine??

Who me? Good Lord no! I'm to busy folding the clothes that just came out of the dryer and a million other things. I was just suggesting something a little, er, hardier shall we say.

quote:
Shame for corrupting an innocent Mormon boy.
I was only asking him to come make a daisy chain with me. Does that mean something I'm not aware of? I wasn't telling him to go sit on a washing machine. What do I look like to you? Dr. Ruth?

[Kiss] kat

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Um, Tammy, I'm pretty sure that there is some naughty connotation to "daisy chain," too.

You probably don't want to look it up on Google. I'm pretty sure of that, too.

You might be in the wrong thread if ... [reason #2]

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Shame for corrupting an innocent Mormon boy.
Somehow, Rakeesh is not the first person that comes to my mind.

I don't even think he's in the first 10.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

I Googled. I sure did. I must not know how to google properly. I came up with pictures of little girls making daisy chains, pictures of daisy jewelry and some kind of daisy chain electronic part. I didn't go to page two of course. I admit I was a little scared.

So, my opinion remains the same, making a daisy chain is a chaste activity.

Dirty, Dirty minds. No wonder you hang out in the laundry room so often! [No No]

katharina
Member # 827

I don't think I could name ten innocent Mormon boys here.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay, I went to Page 2. [Eek!]

I believe with safe search not filtering the search you could type the most innocent, chaste words in and come up with filth. Dirty dogs!

*scrubs hard drive*

katharina
Member # 827

I belong in the accidental innuendo column. I didn't know daisy chain meant something dirty. [Eek!]
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think I could name ten innocent Mormon boys here.
Well, yeah, I started thinking about it and got stuck at 3.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.