FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Celebrity Voting Trends

Author Topic: Celebrity Voting Trends
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
How would your favorite literary characters vote in the 2004 election?

Hermione Granger: John Kerry.

Hermione has the labor background (SPEW), minority credentials (mudblood), and a sense of ivory tower intellectualism we Democrats love so much. ("Hermione, ARE you a witch or AREN'T you?")

Lord Vordemort: John Kerry.

Lord Vordemort is a big fan of Bush's proposed constituional ban against gay marriages. Today gays, tomorrow mudloods! However, the Dark Lord is an even bigger fan of stem cell research. With further research, he-who-must-not-be-named hopes to beat out that pesky disease called mortality.

Harry Potter: George Bush.

Both lived in their father's shadow, both have a healthy disregard for the rules, both were mercilessly ridiculed by the press, both warned of the coming of the dark lord, and both have tendencies to speak in parseltongue.

[ November 01, 2004, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Errr...they're all British citizens, aren't they? [Wink]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

*hits Shigosei with a well-placed jelly legs jinx*

I love how your response isn't "but they're not real" but rather "they're not American!" [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a bigger problem with the age thing...Harry and Hermione are nowhere near the voting age requirement. They can't even legally drive yet!

As for Voldemort, wasn't he legally dead for about 10 years? I imagine that's a lot of government paperwork just so he could get his bank account open to him, let alone voting.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Hey, lots of dead people vote, just ask the Democrats. [Razz]
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Based upon your assumption of Harry Potters vote, would Longbottom vote for Nader?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron would vote for Kerry.

I mean, come on. That big family, here's to betting he's Catholic. [Wink]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron would obviously vote Nadar.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
heehee. This just made my day. [Big Grin]

*goes off to study American democracy*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew there was a reason I didn't really like harry. Now who would hagrid vote for, and dumbledore?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Dumbledore: Dick Cheney

Have you noticed how these two are always in an "undisclosed location" when trouble strikes? Like Cheney, Dumbledore mentors teenagers and acts as the real power behind the government. While Cheney is proud of his lesbian daughter, Dumbledore is somewhat ambivalent regarding his brother Aberforth.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know - Hermione is willing to expand the definition of "persons" entitled to protection of the law. Sounds like she'd be anti-embryonic-stem cell research, too.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

"Based upon your assumption of Harry Potters vote, would Longbottom vote for Nader?"

That tree-hugging pansy is definitely a Naderite. [Smile]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

And of course all of the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army were in favor of preemptive action in the face of disapproval from "higher" authority. [Smile]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Well, the Order did make up that story about a WMD in the enchanted forest.... so yes, I think you're right Dag. [Smile]

Hagrid: Kerry

A victim of Hogwart's underfunded "no child left behind" program, Hagrid should go Democratic.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

And Fudge did send an "inspector" to Hogwarts whose real goal was to cover up the danger of Voldemort.
vwiggin
Member # 926

Curse you and your knowledge of Potter trivia. [Mad] Just promise me you'll use that power for good instead of evil. [Smile]

Rita Skeeter: Kerry

A big supporter of animal rights. I think she gave Dan Rather her quick quotes quill.

GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dursleys would definetly vote Republican.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mad Eye Moody: Kerry-- They're both veterans.

[ November 01, 2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

And Trelawney is defintely a Kerry supporter.
vwiggin
Member # 926

Well, you do need a crystal ball to unfog Kerry's speeches... and they're both doomsayers.

[ November 01, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no Trelawny would vote for some obscure third party whose candidates consult horoscopes.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

The Griffendore common room was in an uproar because Victor Krum wrote Hermione to try to convince her to support Kerry.

Durn foreigners messing with elections!

Dagonee

Dagonee
Member # 5818

Plus, there's big tension about the proposed elf-rights amendment.

Seems a lot of people are OK with giving Elves the rights of citizenship, but only if it's called "civil membership."

Dagonee

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Fudge would vote for Bush. Something tells me he'd be against Homomagisexual Marriage. I find him willing to overlook the mistakes in Iraq as a natural order of things.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I bet you could look at this thread and figure out who is voting for who just by seeing which characters they have vote for which person.

If they have the characters people generally like vote for candidate A, and the characters people don't generally like vote for B then they are probably for A and vica versa. Won't hold completely true but there is a trend [Wink]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Fudge will vote kerry because both of them are douche bags.

There, happy?

Alcon
Member # 6645

Oh and:

Sauron would definately go Bush, look how much they have in common!

Galadriel, Elrond, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam and Legolas would go Kerry. They are all for peace and for the enviroment.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

No way. They all planned to invade another country before that country attacked anyone.

Definitely Bush supporters.

Dagonee

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

I don't know. Sam and Frodo might just be AntiBush, if ya know what I mean.
Alcon
Member # 6645

They didn't plan to invade it, just to sneak in and destory its one weapon of mass destruction. The invation came later as a last ditch effort. And they only went after the WMD was proven to exist... it fell in their lap, [Big Grin]
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Galadriel decided to give the Valar the finger, much like Bush on Iraq.

Edit: Like Bush did to the UN.

[ November 01, 2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Anti-Chris ]

Alcon
Member # 6645

Yes but she was a major major supporter of the environment and conservation. Just look what she did for Lothlorien! The complete oposite of "drill in national parks and nature preserves" Bush.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
No, she was mostly just for keeping her realm beautiful and clean. As far as she cared, if it was in somebody else's yard, they could go hang.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean, come on. That big family, here's to betting he's Catholic.
ah, but with the big family...they are most likely be strict Catholics, leading them to go with the Christian right and vote Bush
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

She also bought the Fellowship gifts to aid them in their quest to destroy Sauron, and invade middle earth. Bush.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But since I don't, they aren't, right?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Achilles: Kerry

He would want the USA to have a weak leader, so that he could take over. [Razz]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

I would assume that he would want a leader thats too distracted to attack the real enemies with actual weapons.
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
Alice, from Alice in Wonderland, would vote Bush. She has an affinity for made-up words, or seems to, anyhow.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Then count in Dr. Seuss, too/
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
LUCIOUS MALFOY BUSH

The rich and powerful need to be more rich and more powerful.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

quote:
I think Sam is in denial though. I mean, he did get married and all. He strikes me as one of those Gay Republicans.

quote:
Alice, from Alice in Wonderland, would vote Bush. She has an affinity for made-up words, or seems to, anyhow.
Bush's tax policy does have a Mad Hatter quality to it. Economy good? Cut taxes. Economy bad? Cut taxes. Up is down. Goodbye I must be staying. (God I loved that Doonesbury strip).

Aragorn: Bush

"Open war is upon you whether you risk it or not."

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sauron would definately go Bush, look how much they have in common!

Alcon, you're not helping your case here any, when you claim that the statements in this thread reflect peoples' true feelings about the election candidates! [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

I would think that if Sauron was a foreigner, he'd prefer Kerry. Bilateral talks as opposed to forceful action.

Due to last elections problems, one must assume that Merry and Pippen would live in Florida, and remain undecided until a candidate proposes a food plan.
Bilbo would vote Kerry.
Rosie would vote for Bush, if only to assure that Sam is hers.
Grima Wormtongue, a smooth talker from the North, would vote Kerry.
Gollum, who is ever the 3rd party, could vote for Nader. However, since he is a fan of Riddles, he just might be swung towards Bush.
The Nazgul, 9 men who live together after being corrupted by rings, would vote Kerry.
Saruman would vote Bush, if only because he prefers to outwit those in power.
Legolas and Gimli would so vote Kerry.

Darth Vader doesn't care about politicians. Whoever is elected will serve the Empire, or be crushed. He is however leaning to Bush's space program to go to Mars. Planetary conquest is one of his ambitions.
Jar Jar Binx would vote for Bush because "He speaka meesa language!"
Luke Skywalker would vote Bush, on the impatient, take control of the situation attackness.
Obi-wan, who has a problem of living in the past, would vote for Bush Senior.
Yoda and Bush would just confuse the hell out of each other. Yoda also is a strong advocate that fear is the path to the dark side- fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Not liking the current situation, he would vote for Kerry.
Princess Leia would vote for Bush, as would Han Solo after being threatened that he wouldn't be getting any if he didn't.
Boba-Fett would vote for Kerry.
Jabba the Hutt would vote for Bush, due to his ties to the Saudi-Arabian family.

Peter Pan would vote for Kerry. He never was a fan of Bush's "No Child Left Behind."

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean multi-lateral talks as opposed to both bi-lateral talks and multi-lateral talks [Wink] ?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

[Laugh] "Peter Pan would vote for Kerry. He never was a fan of Bush's 'No Child Left Behind.'"

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.