FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Welcome to the Election Free Zone. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Welcome to the Election Free Zone.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*walks in*
*whistles*

Notice how empty this place got when the results started coming in?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a close football game.

Except infinitely more boring.

Does anyone have any cheesecake?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I have homemade squash soup. Not the same, I know.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Refuge - hooray! I'm sick of hearing about the "E" and I don't even live in America.

My Saints are:

Nahum the Prophet
Philaret the Merciful of Amnia
Ananias the Persian
Holy Father Theocletus the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Lacedaemonia
Our Holy Fathers Ananius and Solochon, Archbishops of Ephesus

I should have known there was a reason I liked the Prophet Nahum - nowt to do with his book only having three chapters honest.

Did some digging - couldn't find anything about the last two but apparently Ananias the Persian is Shadrach of standing in the fiery furnace fame.

But why are all mine blokes?

Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

I just had toast with homemade jam (made with Wild Blackberries picked by my own fair hands) - yummy!
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

Looks like I killed this thread.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I don't like jam!

I have a level 12 Turtle Tamer that is about to advance to level 13 on KoL!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Just remembered - I have those caramel Hershey Kisses. Woo!
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Caramel Hershey kisses are THE BEST! I love those!!

*is jealous - wants caramel kisses*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i ought to have some hot c and my hazelnut school boy biscuits and wonder dark chocolate biscuit
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
bi boobadee bop

chop chop

pizzop tinoop furrop

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Glykeria the Virgin-martyr of Heraclia. Yeah!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Results on September 3

Anthimos, Bishop of Nicomedea
Holy Father Theoctistus and his fellow struggler Euthymius the Great
St. Polydorus the Martyr of New Ephesus
Translation of the relics of St. Nectarius the Wonderworker, Bishop of Pentopolis

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for fun, Feast Days on baby's due date ( not that that means anything)

Results on April 19

Paphnoutios the Holy Martyr
George the Confessor
Rafael, Nicholas, Irene, & Olympias of Mytilene

What is so funny is, dh had actually suggested Olympias.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

Whoa, a Publisher's Clearing House commercial...when did Ed McMahon get so thin?
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
<--plops into a chair and takes a relaxing breather.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't leave because results started coming in, I had to go to bed. But, um, hi again everyone!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you looking for fluff, this is back.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:rejoices solemnly:
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Today's chocolate: Dagoba chai bar.

Ingredients: Organic milk chocolate, crystallized ginger, ginger, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, anise, nutmeg, black pepper, and of course, love.

I'm surprised at how much I can taste the anise, and how much I like it. I dislike licorice intensely. Of course, I do like sambuca, and I put star anise in my mulled cidar, so maybe it's not surprising.

Anyway, I normally only buy dark chocolate, but I got this one because I really like ginger. It was a good choice.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. I'll make note of the reference.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Fluff!

At last! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

I remember once dh got a Dagoba chili bar, and offered some to the kids. Andrew loved it but Livvie and Matthew spit it all over....those tastes just don't go together IMO.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel pretty...
oh so pretty...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no Telp...that song will now be stuck in my head for hours.

*I feel pretty...oh so pretty*

Telp will you be my Will? I'll be your Grace!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
yay!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Hey, dpr, your due date is my birthday. What fun!
Trondheim
Member # 4990

- posted      Profile for Trondheim   Email Trondheim         Edit/Delete Post 
This might be the place to tell you that the small lake next to my house is glazing over. Next week we may be scating. What a joy!
Posts: 99 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ate a delicious tuna sandwich. Anyone else eating food?

Additionally, my work has a keeno-beano wireless headset now, so I am mobile!! (dances)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Since when are tuna sandwhiches capable of being delicious?
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I am eating creamy chicken and vegetable soup. With oyster crackers.

[ November 03, 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta love oyster crackers, those savory nibblets of crackery goodness.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Since Da_Goat was wrong. OH WAIT THAT'S ALWAYS.

[Razz]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that seems so weird, Trondheim.
A lake goes from starting to form an ice glazing to an ice surface solid enough to skate on in a ?week?
Can you swim in the lake during the summer?

[ November 04, 2004, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since Da_Goat was wrong. OH WAIT THAT'S ALWAYS.
Nuh-uh!

[ November 04, 2004, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.