FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm sad... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm sad...
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I'm sad that nobody is happy. I expected that both sides would stop bickering and move on, but it continues. Contrary to popular belief the world isn't going to end (and don't even think about starting political discussions here). What happened to the happy Hatrack I knew? I wish I could just wish really hard and have everyone get what they want and be happy.

*sits down with a plate of cookies and pitcher of milk. welcomes all to join.*

Tell me something happy, how your day went, something you're thankful for, ...anything but politics.

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent the night watching the last Firefly DVD from Netflix.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
I did brilliantly in my last, most important, and hardest (60%) law final of the year. It wasn't the biggest, as I also had an 80% last week, but this one I really needed to do well in, and the 80% was only Ethics. [Wink]

Turns out study pays off... who knew?

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Hmm, perhaps I should cross my fingers or knock on wood or something, heh. But I'm fairly sure I did well.

Oh yeah and now it's summer break! No more exams! [Party]

[ November 04, 2004, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy. [Party] But I'm also Canadian and still in the honeymoon phase. Does that count? [Kiss]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Summer break...in November? You must live south of the equator or something.
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hmm, perhaps I should cross my fingers or knock on wood or something, heh.
Don't you mean touch wood?

Chad, she lives in New Zealand. [Smile]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah...Middle Earth....are you a hobbit?
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Well, I would have said touch wood, but apparently I ... shouldn't, over your ways. Or so I'm told. Crazy Americans. [Razz]
tt&t
Member # 5600

No, I'm Aragorn.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
But I like it when you say touch wood, 'cause then I get to snicker.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

quote:
No, I'm Aragorn.
Yeah, maybe if you were a guy.

And human. >_>

tt&t
Member # 5600

<_<
signal
Member # 6828

quote:
Ah...Middle Earth....are you a hobbit?
lol, this is more like it.

tt&t, what kind of law are you going into? A friend of mine just graduated from Baylor in property law or something like that. btw, how's NZ? My cousin lived in Auckland for a while and she loved it.

quidscribis, congrats, and no there is no Canadian discrimination [Wink] .

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! Cuz we Canadians are just, well, so much better than the Americans anyway. [Smile] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Well, us Kiwis are better than ALL of you. [Razz]

NZ is awesome. [Smile] I won't share my views on Auckland though. [Wink]

And er, well, I don't really want to practise law at all. But we don't talk about that. *cough*

[ November 04, 2004, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: tt&t ]

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true. We *don't* talk about it. Or ELSE.

She bites, you know.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and in regards to the actual point of this thread, I would like to say that it makes me happy that I am employed, in fairly good health, with good friends and good family. [Smile]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm very happy that my niece has been staying with my hubby and I for the last month. [Smile] But I'm very sad that she has to go and join her mommy and daddy in the Maldives on Saturday. [Frown] [Cry] [Cry]
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Camelot is really fun, and coming along really well! I wish you could all see it. Even though my dance partner dropped out of the production, which means I'm dancing with a sixty-something year old woman named Phyllis.

Which doesn't bother me at all, but I DO miss having Gavi twirl me around in the air! Now we just walk around in a circle.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that I get to see my best friend at least four days in a week.

I get to go home for a concert next weekend; and I get to see my family and celebrate my other friend's birthday.

I cooked!

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
vwiggin-is firefly good? it's by the same creator as Buffy and Angel, right? I just recently discoveved both shows and am shamelessly addicted [Blushing]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that my daughter is feeling better today! [Smile]

I'm happy that I finally snagged a part-time job that will challenge me, with room for climbing.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm also happy that I just took a shower and washed my hair, so I'm cleeeeen again! [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
Even though my dance partner dropped out of the production, which means I'm dancing with a sixty-something year old woman named Phyllis.
*grins

The older I get the more I love and appreciate the elderly!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, she's a dear sweet person (and absolutely hysterical, she has us rolling on the floor for the majority of rehearsal time)! And dancing with her is fun, but she can't do the vigorous twirling stuff that Gavi did.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[The Wave] I'm really really really happy that my mutton curry turned out so incredibly good! And so did my naan.

And I'm also happy that it was so fluffy it was mutant-like as it developed odd bulbous puffy bulges all over the place. And I'm even happier that it tasted soooooo good.

Today was a great cooking day. [Smile] [Party]

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel good about MUSIC!
I am going to see H.I.M. next week and DMITRI HVOROSTOVSKY next year.
How I LOVE both H.I.M. and Dmitri Hvorostovsky who is so cool with his beautiful voice and nice silver hair.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy because my boyfriend told me he has a surprise for me. A good surprise.

*bounces*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy I have all the way until 6:30 tonight to memorize my 10 minute speech on battered men. And that I know Russell.
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy.

I'm doing some preliminary scouting for Christmas shopping, and my husband's holiday pay will be in next week so I can actually buy stuff!

I got new tires on my car last night and it runs so much better. No more worries about having a blowout with the kids in the car with me.

We're getting a computer donated to our church library, so I don't have to come up with a paper-based catalog and circulation! And, I've already gotten some budget approvals to make some much-needed purchases for the library.

[Party]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
new zealand huh? I hear they have lots of sheep there [Smile] and I also hear the area is simply beautiful
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that I get to keep my job through March, when they'd previously thought they wouldn't need me past the end of December. Financial solvency is good.

I'm happy that we gave the cat a bath without anyone getting lacerated.

I'm happy that after dinner tonight we're going to pick up our new bookshelves, which are really nice and we're getting them cheap from someone who's moving.

I'm happy that my husband has a new sweetie and they're making each other really happy. They're so darn CUTE together! [Big Grin]

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*helps herself to some cookies and milk*

Today I am happy that I get to go to a docent appreciation dinner tonight and a nice restruant in town. Not that Japanese restraunt that I was hoping for (since we're docents for a Japanse garden), but still, it's going to be fun, and I'll get getting good food for free. [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
I'm happy that my husband has a new sweetie and they're making each other really happy. They're so darn CUTE together!
Stray, I like ya, but I just don't get ya!

I'd kick my husbands butt to the curb if he found a new sweetie!

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy about my football ticket for the weekend.

[long story]

Here at Wisconsin, we have a crazy student football ticketing program (saying nothing about this year's debaucle of basketball ticketing...). We buy vouchers for the season, and exchange them for real tickets the week preceding each game. This allows us to sit with different people in different sections from week to week. The sections ring the north end zone, and run from K through P. P is the upperclassmen-only section, differentiated on the vouchers by the border (this year, upperclassmen are gold and the kids are black). Naturally, it's a big deal to sit in P. And truthfully, it is the best section.

So the line begins to form early in the week. Sometimes the line never really disbands or extends for a couple weeks - last year, we camped out for a week and a half for the Ohio State tickets. This week, however, I kind of forgot to give my voucher to the people with whom I was going to sit, remembering at 2:00 am Wednesday morning. Exchange starts at 1:00 pm Wednesday afternoon. I thought I was in trouble, since I had no one in line able to get me a good seat, let alone friends with whom to enjoy the game.

So I had a break from 1 to 4 yesterday afternoon, and around 3, I decided to see what the line was like and just take my ticket over there. The line was fairly short and moving quickly. I stood there for about 20 minutes before getting to a ticket window, where I looked at the girl working and said, "I want the single best ticket you have in that room, please." She smiled, laughed, and went to get the tickets from which I could choose. I will be sitting in section P, row 39. Woo!

It gets better. I was talking to one of my friends in Troy class after that, telling her the story, and she laughed. Turns out, her group is in P 40. Awesome. So I not only have a good seat, but also have friends around me.

I am happy.

[/long story]

I'm also happy because I finished my German reading quiz in 18 minutes this morning and was able to sit outside and read for a while (Yes, I am aware that it's mildly chilly - nay, finally comfortable - outside).

And I had a brownie.

Edit to show that I do know how to use verbs.

[ November 04, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Carrie ]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sad that nobody is happy. I expected that both sides would stop bickering and move on, but it continues.
Bickering? That depends on what you call bickering....

Bickering has been going on ever since I came here, and that was five years ago. Why would it stop? Or, more importantly, why would we want it to stop?

After all, what is the point of this forum if not 'bickering' - a.k.a. discussion?

That's one thing that makes me happy... discussion here. [Smile]

[ November 04, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Xaposert ]

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

Sheep? What are these "sheep" of which you speak?
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that I got through my first week of teaching real lessons to real students with only one bad lesson, and have had a couple of really quite decent ones. I'm happy that my year 13 students (last year of school) laugh at my funny stories about mad philosophers. I'm happy because I got to speak to my parents today. I'm happy because I went out to the pub with all the other student teachers and we had a real laugh and a fabulous time. I'm happy because I have a lovely sweet boyfriend and he's put up with me for nearly two years.

That's a lot to be happy about really!

[Party] [Group Hug]

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
sheep...as in BAAAAAAAAAHH. Those little white "range maggots," as my roommate calls them. You can get lamb, mutton and wool from them [Smile]
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that we are having sunny weather, in November, in the PNW.

I'm happy that my kids have been relativley co-operative today.

I'm happy that I finally have a vehicle of my own.

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

quote:
Bickering? That depends on what you call bickering....

Bickering has been going on ever since I came here, and that was five years ago. Why would it stop? Or, more importantly, why would we want it to stop?

After all, what is the point of this forum if not 'bickering' - a.k.a. discussion?

That's one thing that makes me happy... discussion here.

I enjoy discussion as well, but over the past week or so, discussion has turned into childish bickering. I leave it at that.

quote:
Excellent! Cuz we Canadians are just, well, so much better than the Americans anyway.
I wouldn't go that far, haha jk [Razz]

quote:
I'm doing some preliminary scouting for Christmas shopping, and my husband's holiday pay will be in next week so I can actually buy stuff!
I love Christmas shopping. Nothing makes me happier than buying stuff for other people.

quote:
Stray, I like ya, but I just don't get ya!
confused as well [Dont Know]

sheep are good for quidscribis' mutton curry. mmmm.

I had a friend run a carfax check on my car and the title was clean. I'm very relieved about this. I'm happy that winter is coming which hopefully means snow. Snow makes me happy. I came across "Naruto" by accident and I love it so far.

I'm especially happy for all the happy hatrackers here [Big Grin] . pss, adam, I think its working.

the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I listened to Mozart's flute concertos.

It helps.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that I have coffee and music, so I can stay awake while doing my schoolwork and answer pointless questions from customers.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy because I made a high B on my calc test and a solid B on my chem one (which pulls my calc grade up to a middling B and keeps my chem grade from dropping into B-dom).

I'm happy because we are having absolutely glorious weather, finally.

I'm happy because I just realized "The Origin of Love" comes from Plato's Symposium.

Also because I have a very awesome older sister who likes to make chicken pie or stuffed potatoes and invite me over to share them in exchange for cafeteria food. (HINT.)

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Jen, your awesome older sister would love to do just that-but she's also leaving for Houston at 8 and won't be back until monday morning. (early that morning, hopefully)

But there's some mediocre potatos in the fridge if you'd like to get them before then

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that you made this thread signal, so that I finally want to read a front page thread today.

I too am happy about the PNW sunny weather, but I also love the nip in the air and the flannel pajama pants. "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

I'm happy that now I can officially be in the Christmas spirit after having to hide it all during the month of October. I was listening to Christmas CDs in my car, alone. [Smile] (It was funny cause my sister had been feeling the same way and when the two of us discovered our premature Christmas cheer, we could be festive together!!)

I'm happy that I'm done teaching voice lessons today and that I can go home. I'm happy that it's Friday tomorrow and that I can wear jeans.

So, speaking of going home... [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
My 6 year old son won a $5.00 gift certificate for his school's book fair in a raffle!

I like this thread. Thank you.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that when I finally (hesitantly) opened a thread called "I'm sad," it was actually about being happy. [Smile]

I'm also glad that I am (probably) going away (far, far away!) for the weekend. Everyone around me is probably glad too . . . [Wink] I really need this!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that after getting up at 5-flippin-30 this morning I came home from work and took a nice, long nap. Yesterday I was happy listening to silly, bouncey girl-pop to keep my mind off things, including PowerPuff Girls: Power Pop and Boomania by Betty Boo. Ridiculous, fabulous.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.