FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Muertas de Juarez, FEMICIDE (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Muertas de Juarez, FEMICIDE
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mujeres" is women.

I like the look, very classy. I want to join!

[ November 19, 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I wanted you to know I was aware of this. They used it as part of the plot on "Profiler", a show I used to watch with my mom, a few years back, and I looked it up online and was shocked to find out all this information. I've been following it ever since. It's not only Mexican women who care.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Its really encouraging to know that people out there care. I even had the courage to email OSC about it asking him to help by writing something so that less people ignore these things. As a Christian I was appalled that some of these women are killed for devil worshipping rituals.
BTW, i'm working on the english version as we speak.

[ November 19, 2004, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I've uploaded the english version to the server, I'll start working on the tecky stuff like inlines and css tomorrow. English Version
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I like.
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Hey look, now I can see what it says. Thanks, Alt. [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

How's it coming?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Its coming along. I was working on the php for the spanish version, I still need a little bit of time because I wasn't working on it during Thx giving break. I had too much things to do...
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
we had a presintation and film presented on campass about the murders. I was not able to go, but a lot of my friends did. THere is a patition on line, although i dont know how much good it will do...
Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I signed it a while back. I don't think it will do any good though. I don't expect much.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
wow. I didn't see this thread until today, but I just wanted to say that it struck a chord with me. My social studies class has been studying genocides and mass killings around the world and this looks like more of the same thing.

quote:
How many more women must be killed before some one will solve something?
That is the question isn't it? Based on the example of history, enough that it qualifies as genocide, and then more. From what I've read so far there has not been a single real prosicution for anyone who has committed genocide... it's sad, but apparently the world doesn't really care.

[Frown] [Mad] [Frown]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I hate the world then.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

It is very sad that there are so many genocides, and such a hands-off attitude toward them. For example, there are still people who say the Holocaust never happened. Turkey still refuses to admit that the Armenian genocide ever happened. Genocides going on today are routinely not reported in the US even when people have repeatedly tried to bring attention to them. (Check out Human Rights Watch if you don't know what I mean.)
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Permit me to point out that genocide wasn't even considered a crime in strictest legal terms until after WW2.

So if humanity is a little slow to bring laws into play that have only been in place for a generation and aren't invoked often enough to commonly accepted, the standard is a little shakey.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I finished the english version of te listing. Please join!
http://juarez.frozen-alcohol.info

[ December 08, 2004, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good, Alt. Thanks for all your hard work. [Smile]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But, Trevor, murder, especially of innocents, has always been wrong.
Unmaker
Member # 1641

- posted      Profile for Unmaker   Email Unmaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I see that no one has floated out the theory, quite common around here on the border between Mexico and the US, that the deaths are partly the work of an American serial killer and perhaps copy cats.

BTW, Mexico is like most other struggling countries: full of beauty, wonderful people, lots of squalor, crime, and evil bastards, most of them in the upper strata of the government. Most of the country's economic woes stem from mismanagement and fraud at every level, but specifically from rateros like LĆ³pez-Portillo and Salinas de Gotari.

The endemic public practice of suborning police officers, not paying property taxes, squatting, "colgando" (connecting a cable to power lines to siphon electricity) and other practices of the people of Mexico only compound the problem, as they, as we say in Spanish "no tienen cara de quejarse" (have no moral authority to complain... i.e., they are complicit in the corruption).

Posts: 1144 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.