FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm SO excited!

Author Topic: I'm SO excited!
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting mail on Thursday. And not just any ol' mail, I'm getting a package! [Big Grin]

What is it about non-bill, non-soliciting snail mail that's so exciting?

Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
It never happens.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I love packages! I'm always grinning like a fool when I go and pick them up from the mailroom. I think the mailmenpeople think I'm crazy.

Then I go hopping across the quad like I just won the biggest prize in the world.

I'm a sucker for packages. [Big Grin]

quote:
It never happens.
When I have the money I'm going to send everyone packages. With random stuff inside like tea and cookies and cards and post-it notes!

[ November 16, 2004, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

You never get fun mail, blacwolve? [Frown]
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, packages....FUN!

Heck, a letter or postcard that isn't junk mail does it for me.

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Even junk mail does it for me.

<-- letter junkie

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I got something today!! FREE ANIME!!! It was from a distribution company that provides screeners for anime clubs so it's not mine, it's the club's.. But still. COOL!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm SO excited!
And I just can't hide it!!
I know I know I know I know
I know I want you! Want you!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you went there, Telp, because otherwise I would have had to.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
The last "package" I got was a very large letter from the University of Chicago School of Business addressed to "Dear Executive" and urging me to go to seminars there.

I wasn't trying to be bitter, though, I was just saying that they're so much fun because they're so rare.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I love getting mail of any sort. Before I got to college, I hated it when other people got the mail out of the mailbox. Then they always sorted it and I didn't get to see everything that came. Not that I usually got things. But when I did, I was excited.
Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! You have reached an exciting part of your life, the recieving package part. Much joy to you!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
heeheehee I've gotten three packages this week =) I think that's exceeding my monthly quota!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

My package should be arriving today! [Big Grin]

I've stolen the mailbox key from my roommate- she hijacked it months ago so that she could always check it- so I can check the mail today.

T minus three hours.

*is excited*

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think most people get excited when a "care package" comes in the mail for them. I've always been that way.

I love snail mail, send me a hand written letter and I'm your friend for quite a while. [Smile]

My uncle who teaches at Toledo State sent me a hand written letter telling me all about what was going on in his life lately. I was amazed. He has a computer and knows how to use it. He's a very busy guy. He just prefers the lost art of writing a letter and sending it in the mail. Love him!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I received a package yesterday, its Toretha's christmas present [Smile] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Tayman got a package yesterday, and I don't think he's quite forgiven me for it.

And here I thought From Justin to Kelly was one of his favorite movies...*flees*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles* Okay, not all packages are as exciting once opened as they are when immediately received.

*poor Tayman* [Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I never get fun mail either. [Frown]

The sad thing is, I love sending it... but it's NOT a one way thing, the person has to send stuff back as well! What I hate most is when I send a fun snail mail letter, and get an e-mail response.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drake_The_Dragon
Member # 7040

- posted      Profile for Drake_The_Dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
So are you going to tell us about what you got?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the mail, it never fails
It makes me wanna wag my tail
When it comes, I wanna wail
"Maaaaaaaail!"

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
We just got a letter, we just got a letter
we just got a letter, I wonder who it's from?

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
So what was it Ul?
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

I would have posted about it yesterday but I was too busy enjoying my mail. [Razz]

The package was from my SO. He sent me some pictures, a few t-shirts and his baby blanket (which I snuggled up to at night before I went to bed).

The shirts smelled like him, which was really, really nice.

Now if I can just convince him to send himself next time. [Evil] Darn long-distance relationships. [Grumble]

Yay for mail!

MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
The only packages I get now are when I buy something. ::is jealous of fugu:: Toretha doesn't send ME packages.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt sends stuff for the baby all the time. Cute stuff. Clothes and toys. I love it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not from Toretha, its for Toretha [Razz] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine. I don't get presents from you, Fugu. ::still jealous::
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was at camp, they made us sing for our mail. We had to make up a song about mail, and it had to be one that hadn't been done already. If we got a package or five letters, we got thrown in the pond.

My favourite song was "Into the Pond", to the tune of "Under the Sea". I worked hard on that one, days in advance.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
OOooh, I got a package today from Grisha! It was soooooo glorious! Homemade cookies and two stuffed animals (one that he has had for years, and one who is the baby brother of THE stuffed animal, the famous Ro-Pandy) and his shirt and various other trinkets, a ring, two chains, a cd I love, and a letter! Twas wonderful! I'm in heaven! [Smile] <dances for joy> I am now wearing the chain and the ring and the shirt (as well as the glow-in-the-dark watch of jorgefulness) and I feel so happy all over!

I love sending and getting mail and packages! It's so much fun to think of strange junk to include, and an interesting phenomenon happens. The junk of those you love becomes your treasure, and it seems to be true for them as well, that your junk is treasured by them in turn. How great that love turns junk into treasure! [Smile] ))))))))))))))

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my package! It was free anime for my anime club. Terrible anime... But it was free!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.