FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Team America the movie

Author Topic: Team America the movie
Shear
Member # 7093

- posted      Profile for Shear   Email Shear         Edit/Delete Post 
The latest film by Trey Parker and Matt Stone has to be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. The cynical way they capture the essence of different cultures and people is hilarious. I have to recommend this movie to anyone who wants to have a good laugh but leave the kids at home.

Although if you don't like the kind of humor you'd find in say... southpark or chappelle's show i'd say stay away from this one. If you're offended easily i'd also probably give this one a pass. You have to into this movie with an open head and just take what it says at face value. I believe Trey Parker and Matt Stone are not racists or homophobes. In fact, they're the opposite if you actually look at what the film was trying to accomplish. Well anyway, you all should really try to get to the movies (if it's still playing in theatres) and see it. If not, wait untill it comes out on VHS or DVD.

[ December 05, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Shear ]

Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is a family-friendly forum, you may want to consider changing your titile. Even with the asterisks, it's still obvious what word you're trying to portray, and it's one that many people here find objectionable.

Just a thought.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shear
Member # 7093

- posted      Profile for Shear   Email Shear         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I should've been more careful.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
So click on the paper&pencil icon (to the right of your name on your first posting) to get to the edit function, then change the title.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the above description of the movie. A lot of the South Park-style humor is evident. There were parts of the movie that I found stupid rather than funny, but there were just as many parts that I was crying with laughter.

My favorite part was the Terrorist Bar, which was directly themed off of the cantina scene in Star Wars, it even has the same music. I couldn't stop laughing.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
And they used the instruments from the Star Wars MMO game in the band too -- that was pretty funny to me to see that.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.