FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can't find that site!

Author Topic: I can't find that site!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Morning Hatrack!!!

For those that remember me: yes, I'm still alive, I just had to go away while my country needed me.

I remember a website that was posted here about a person that had made all sorts of contraptions out of simple engineering concepts. I remember one of the devices he cooked up was a vacuum that sucked up wasps while they came in to land in their nest. Most of the things he built were made out of wood. If you remember what the site was, please post it again so I can sleep tonight.

-scottneb-

[ December 15, 2004, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Oh, and we have a beautiful very healthy baby boy, born on the Sixth of September. He smiles, giggles and found his toes last week and gets mad when we put socks on him.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congrats and welcome back!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He smiles, giggles and found his toes last week and gets mad when we put socks on him.
I love that reaction - "Hey! Where are those wiggly things!"

Congratulations!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! I wonder about you every time I see a Care Bear. Did you get the little guy one of his own? You weren't thinking of Rube goldberg were you?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Random comment: I used to suck on my toes when I was little.
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I also thought of Robe Goldberg when he said that, but I don't remember any of those that had to do with wasps or vacuums

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

As a matter of fact we did!

Care Bears are always sentimental to me, so before he was born we got him a Care Bears Mobile that he stared at for hours. There was one bear that he, for some reason, watched most. It's the orange one with a heart on his belly. I think it's called the Tenderheart Bear. So, we went to the store and bought him a real one with cordoroy (sp?) material. I can't bring myself to give him "The" Care Bear yet, so it sits on his dresser waiting for him to grow up a little more.

Thanks again for what you did Banna!

-scottneb-

scottneb
Member # 676

These were actual physical devices that the guy had made in his workshop at home.

I also remembered him commenting on how efficient the new Lego motors are.

Of course this was probably more than a year ago.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you googled "suck, wasps, built", or some such thing?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

And the thought of simple machines always makes me think about My Favorite Commercial

FG

WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/built/insane.html

found it!!

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
the most awesome commercial, ever. [Smile]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
It's way cool, but it looks CG...I wonder if they actually made that contraption.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe that guy should sell his marble machines as kits?

[Dont Know]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

You mean the Honda commercial, sarcasticmuppet? Yeah, they made it. I saw a complete little program on TV once about how they put that all together and how long it took, and how many tries to get it right.

FG

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back to Idaho, scottneb. [Smile]

Your son and I share a birthday. *makes mental note to take scottneb jr. out for a beer in 2025*

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, good to see you again! Welcome back!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/built/insane.html
...that site.. is so awesome.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That is the coolest. commercial. ever.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.