FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Would any one try this? (for people who wear specs)

Author Topic: Would any one try this? (for people who wear specs)
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20041214.html

I'm no fan of any type of piercings. Most are just for vanity and jewelry. However, this piercing actually has a purpose. Does that make it more acceptable?

Hmmmm,

Tull

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst]

blech. no thanks.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you could attach my carkeys to the webbing between my fingers or something... [Wink]

Or better yet, a transdermal remote control for the TV.

I suddenly want to be a Borg...

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Angst] [Eek!]

I just keep picturing what would happen with something like this while having *kids*. Youch...oh man. My daughter has knocked me silly with my glasses on many times...fortunately, they just fly off....

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Contacts work well enough for me...
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Eeeeeewwww... [Eek!]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope they don’t get caught on anything... I suppose that could tear them out rather unpleasantly
Yeah. I'd say so.

Although, the idea of being able to sleep in them is rather nice.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a great accessory for an evil-genius supervillain.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cochick
Member # 6167

- posted      Profile for cochick   Email cochick         Edit/Delete Post 
Cringe! [Eek!]
Posts: 394 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...never having to push the glasses back up your nose....no sore spots behind the ears....

Not sure I'd want the piercing, but there must be some better way to attach lenses to the face than the way we do it now. Maybe with a break-away spring feature or really flexible titanium hardware it would be okay. The lenses could just snap on and off the barbell ends. Yeah, I'd do it.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Why do I get a feeling that someone is gonna yank them off trying to "see how the lenses just stick there without any frames"?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
No way would I try it. Ouch!
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems painful to me. But then, I don't like that whole self-mutilation thing anyway, so I'm kind of predisposed to not like this.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
No thanks.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Owie owie owie.

I like contact lenses just fine, thanks.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
I like piercings.. and uh.... no thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
how would you clean them? He said it takes 5-10 minutes to take them off. That alone would make it not worth the hassle.

Plus, ewwwww. [Eek!]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Think about how many times in the hussle and bustle of life you get hit on the sides of your glasses. Think about how much it hurts.

Now think about it ripping the bridge of your nose instead of just bruising it.

No thanks. Just the thought of this makes me glad I had RK.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man that hurts just looking at it. Nope, no way no ohw, aint gonna happen. I'll make Will deal with me in contacts (he likes me bespectacled) before I ever seriously consider this one!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
ewwwewwwewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! *SHUDDER*

And I object to the Buckminster Fuller quote. I really doubt this is what he had in mind!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
ewwwwwwwww....no way would I EVER do that...looks uncomfortable and gross! [Eek!]
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'm kind of surprised this is coming up now. Technologically, it should have been possible for quite some time now, but with laser eye surgery becoming more and more practical, I would have thought eyeglasses would start fading away rather than renovating.

(Of course, it would be a shame to see eyeglasses disappear. Girls look so nice in them, and I'd hate to lose that. [Frown] )

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Men seldom make passes
At girls who wear glasses.

-- Dorothy Parker

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

quote:
That depends on the man.

-Verily the Younger

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I sleep with my glasses on all the time. Secondly, hell, at $85 it's a lot cheaper than buying new glasses. So, I'm torn.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, I'm torn.
[ROFL]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I suddenly want to be a Borg...
We can arrange that. Resistance is futile. All your knowledge and technology will be assimulated. Assimulated with a u, because thats better and funnier anyway.
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Men seldom make passes
At girls who wear glasses.

-- Dorothy Parker

I used to believe this...but my hubby proved otherwise (as Verily pointed out: depends on the man [Big Grin] ).
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... just.. wow.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
'Sides the fact that I don't like most body-mods, that's pretty cool. I'd never do it 'cause I don't like having chunks of metal through my body,... but hey.

MUCH better than the "see-through-your-earlobe" piercings.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why do I get a feeling that someone is gonna yank them off trying to "see how the lenses just stick there without any frames"?
I know such people. Why can't they just keep their grubby little hands to themselves.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A girl who is bespectacled

She may not get her nectackled

But safety pins and bassinets

Await the girl who fassinets.

Ogden Nash's retort to Dorothy Parker

[ December 19, 2004, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have far more invasive surgery done to correct my vision, so I think I'll skip the piercing. That is a cool pierce, though.

Yup, in a few years I'm going to become bionic and have implants put in my eyes.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.