FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate TRGI!

Author Topic: I hate TRGI!
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate The Real Gilligans Island. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
It's so..unfair! Urrrrrgh. Nothing has been fair on that whole stupid show since they voted of Professor Pat. (which was unfair in itself.)

I guess that's what I get for watching reality shows.

[Grumble]

But it will take me...HOURS to recover from this injustice. [Grumble]

Not even a blue mad-faced smiley face can express the intense anger I'm feeling!

p.s. Happy Birthday to my dad.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Grah. I hated the Fake Gilligan's Island.
It was such a stupid show. I hate shows that all end the same.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um. This is what I get for living in Outer Darkness.

There's a reality show called The Real Gilligan's Island?

*choke* [Wall Bash]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, TBS takes away time from their good shows to play it. [Frown]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
That is a really stupid show. I can't believe reality t.v. in any form is popular. This show should die soon. Hey lets all kill it. Maybe if we brainwash people so they don't watch it then the ratings will go down and it will get canceled.........so what do you say?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you know, I don't own a TV myself. But I hear they have this button marked 'off'.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there are pretty much only two shows I turn my TV on for these days: "Mythbusters" and "Good Eats". Other than that, it sits there quietly, like any well-trained appliance.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
We must create an elite team of ex-military personel to kidnap all the people from the Nielson homes and replace them with people who watch the shows we love. And we can call the recruitment, "The Real A-TEAM!!!"
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
-_- Tell me about it.
I don't even know how half these lame shows stay on.
I hate television so much! [Mad]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I was once a Neilson family and didn't turn it on one time during the whole week. I bet they threw out my data. (I almost never watch tv.)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I hate The Real Gilligans Island. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
I guess that's what I get for watching reality shows."

Perhaps the problem is actually simply this: you watch shows you claim to hate. IMO, you should find other ways to use your time.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have a lot of fun watching MythBusters. A lot of the time their experiements don't actually prove anything, even when they think that they do, but it's a great show nonetheless. I'd love to be involved in its production.

I also enjoy Nova, am usually entertained by The Daily Show, and occasionally will watch stand up comedy while I'm home eating lunch (I love living 10 minutes from my work. Being able to go home at lunch is great). Generally, though, I'm doing something else and just don't think of turning on the TV.

Syn, you watch a lot of TV, right? What shows do you really enjoy?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I only watch a handful of series that are fortunately seldom all on during the same months:

Lost
The Dead Zone
Rescue Me
Deadwood

Other than that, I mainly watch movies or news.

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

House is growing on me. It's not so bad even though it's icky medical drama and something disgusting ALWAYS happens when you're about to eat dinner.
I love Bernie Mac, but it's never on consistently because Fox usually has some dumb reality show on instead.
I love it when PBS has some sort of music show like opera or something.
I actually thought Amish in the City was interesting, plus I liked the nerdy guy on there because he was cool and made little clock work toys, how cute that is...
I don't really get a whole lot of channels, so I love it when Queer as Folk or Sopranos are back on and I can dl those or get them on video.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I mostly watch re-runs of ST-TNG, ST-DS9, Law & Order, and Buffy.

It's rare that I watch anything else.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday nights in late January are the only reason I haven't canceled my cable. I'm going to get SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica on the same night. Oh yeah.

Sci-Fi, Mail Call, and What Not to Wear are about all that's worth watching.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to never miss NOVA, but then they had a run of kind of skanky shows. Still, it's the only show that if I realize it's X day and time, I'll tune in to see whats on.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Howdy, Trisha.

I would like to see more NOVA, but I can never remember when it's on, and PBS isn't one of the channels I regulary browse through.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I wonder why I torture myself with stupid television shows...
They need to have an all Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Dir en grey, Anime, intellectual babe channel...
I need a VCR. This woman sent me all manners of lovely Dmitri videos.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.