FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Appreciating Raia: (And a bunch of entropy) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Appreciating Raia: (And a bunch of entropy)
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
See, the thing is, a post costs nothing, roughly 30 seconds in time, and that's it. And it can cause so much happiness.

Which is why I ask you to donate your post to my thread, which is in honor of Raia. If you respect her, then please post. If not, then shrug and turn your head and ignore the poor orphan, who is starving, and the skinny dog with the sad eyes*.

Be a good person#! Post here%!

After some thought, I decided that to make this post a roaring success, I need to appeal to each aspect of Hatrackian society.

Firstly, to all the cool people. You know who you are. And you also know that if you're not seen here, you won't be cool anymore@. So get it over with, and post now.

Then to all the people who like last post threads and mindless spam: [The Wave] [Kiss] [Evil] [The Wave] [Evil] [The Wave] [Kiss]

There. That should turn all of those morons into their zombie mode. They probably aren't even reading this, and are automatically arming a reply smiley. Or they're reading this and getting annoyed [Wink] .

Finally, to the pun people. Post here or be leaft behind. I don't get why that's a pun, but if I posted it in a pun thread, it would probably be accepted as one, so it'll have to due here! Oops, and there's another!

*both of which are completely unrelated
#do something that is really nice, like charity work or baking cookies, rather than surfing the net
%this sentence and the previous are 100% unrelated.
@or you may stay cool. No guarantees.
$this endnote goes no-where. Hah!

[ January 06, 2005, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Phanto ]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a Raia-fan (not in the eating sense in the good-vibes sense)

and

Forty Two?

EDIT: Wow, the bit about the skinny orphan wasn't there before... and I am answering two questions that no longer exist!

*is confused*

[ January 06, 2005, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]

edit: Hey! That wasn't very nice. I post a friendly, waving smilie, and then you go and edit in an insult about people who use smilies? I'd thought your post was amsuing, at first. Now I think it's a bit rude.

[ January 06, 2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Vána ]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
raia is cool
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
*postpost* [Smile]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh heh heh heh.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

That's right Teshi. Or did the questions even exist in the first place? Only you, me, and the people who saw can answer that.

Oh, and it's the dog that is skinny. [Wink]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

[Confused]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, is this a Raia Appreciation Thread?

*appreciates Raia*

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I think it's a Raia appreciation thread but it seems to also be a psycological experiment.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Appreciates and respects Raia, because if she were not here there would be ruthless vandals spray painting the walls. And she's cool.

[ January 06, 2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Stan the man ]

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Raia!
(thank you for changing the thread title)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm, baked Raia goodness - oh wait, the title changed.

*ahem*

((((Raia)))) <--- totally non-eating hug
[Smile]
You're one cool chickadee.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia's so cool, she had a bookshop named after her!
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, I'm posting.....
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
*heaps appreciation on Raia*

Yay for lutes and Rav Papa! [Wink]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I think i show Raia very little appriciation for being my friend, which i know is not always easy. *shows appriciation now*

Though i don't get the deal with the numbers, the refrances to eating Raia, or the thing about the orphan and the puppy, still, the smilies were cool. [Hat]

[ January 06, 2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Marek ]

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
So...what was this thread originally called?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

"Eating Raia", or something like that.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia is supercool.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate Raia. A LOT! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since she has many papers due tomorrow, she many not see it for longer than that.

In fact . . . Raia, if you see this thread and aren't done with the papers, shoo! Go finish! [Wink]

*luvs Raia to bits [Big Grin] *

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I definately appreciate Raia, no doubt about it.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Raia is fabulous.

I also think this thread is inscrutably weird.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Actually, no. I bet if you tried, it could be scrutinized.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
My... preciousssss...
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glaphyra the Righteous
Member # 6995

- posted      Profile for Glaphyra the Righteous           Edit/Delete Post 
*scrutes with aplomb

Raia is alllll right.

Posts: 93 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

You can tell who Glaphyra is because of the way she uses asterixes [Smile] . I think.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate Raia.

(((((Raia)))))

We love you, Raia! [Kiss]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Yep, you're right Teshi.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Oh, and I neglected to mention it before, but Raia's great. And yeah, this is a distinctly odd thread.

Why was it originally called "Eating Raia", anyone know?

WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there's a pub nearby called Raia. I'll take a look next time I'm in the area. [Smile]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

It was called "Eating Raia" because...because of complex reasons. ^^
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
* Appreciates Raia* *Is confused by the thread and leaves*
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember reading about a pub named Raia here. Or a bookshop. Or something. *shrugs*

Whatever. I still appreciate Raia, even if she's not a pub or a bookshop. *appreciates Raia* [The Wave]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Raia's #52 fan. (Don't want to freak her out or anything...*places blanket over "Raia shrine"*)
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia is so awesome. She sent me a Christmas present--a pair of super-awesome earrings. I guess this means I have to get her a whole bunch of little presents for Hannukah? [Wink] All the better, that's one girl who deserves to be showered with love and gifts.
Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Raia
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia's one of our gems here. Wait, she is the gem here.

BTW, which do I belong to, "Cool", "SPAM", "Pun" or any other?

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Raia [Kiss]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermocrates of Syracuse
Member # 7233

- posted      Profile for Hermocrates of Syracuse           Edit/Delete Post 
Praise be unto Raia
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I like when she posts about Natalie Portman. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know what's goin' on here, but I would like to express my non-hatred of said Raia.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
only non-hatred?! [Eek!]

you should be expressing your everlasting adoration of the lady!

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

John: Cool.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a Natalie Portman movie yesterday. Garden State. It was surprisingly. . . enjoyable. [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I still appriciate raia
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave] for Raia

I saw Garden State on Wednesday and was very amused when the guy was explaining the Wailing Wall to Portman.

Is Raia pronounced the same way as my born in Israel, but American friend's sister's name Ryah is?

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.