FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am way to wise of the mouth

Author Topic: I am way to wise of the mouth
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm out of a job and out of insurance, fighting the flu and I get a tooth ache. I suck it up and spend the $160 to go to my great dentist and see what he has to say.

Great news. I have perfect teeth. No cavities, no braces, no problems. Despite the fact that I do not floss, and my brushing isn't particularly by the book, I have been granted great teeth by God, my genes, and the floridation of city water.

My teeth are so good in fact, that all four of my wisdom teeth are coming in like gang busters.

I should be getting on my wife's dental insurance in a month. At that time, since the pain has gone away, my great dentist suggests--having all four wisdom teeth removed at once.

He says with new techniques and pain management, I'll be in and out in a day and it won't be that bad.

I'm a wimp.

All you experienced people, how bad is "not too bad?"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
It's highly variable between people, but if your dentist says your case should be a really easy extraction, he'd probably know best. Usually the cases that are harder to recover from are when the teeth are impacted on the teeth in front of them.

Most cases these days are pretty in-and-out, but I did have a friend who had his out last summer who was stuck around the house for a week. His was supposed to be an easy operation.

So, in all likelyhood it will be easy, but you can't really say.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if the dentist doesn't tell you not to drink out of a straw after the extraction, don't drink out of a straw.

That's my advice.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vid
Member # 7172

- posted      Profile for Vid   Email Vid         Edit/Delete Post 
I was up and active the same day.

Then I got dry sockets because I was too active too early [Smile] But all in all, none of it really hurt that bad (even though the Codeine didn't affect me at all)

Posts: 162 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I about fell over while waiting for the prescription pain meds at the pharmacy. Still drove myself home and was barely able to get a big bowl of ice, which I slept with my face in for the next 15 hours or so. Got dry sockets even though I didn't drink with a straw or poke at the clots or anything like that.

But it was 25 years ago and I had a particularly sadistic oral surgeon.

I've had way worse and more painful things happen to me. The wisdom teeth surgery isn't all that bad. I'm sure with the newer techniques, it's much easier.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused, Dan.

If you have great teeth, and all four of your wisdom teeth are coming in just fine -- why in the world does he want you to then have them pulled?

Many people keep their wisdom teeth with no problems at all. Sure it hurts when they come in (just like when babies cut teeth) but if they are coming in straight and all, why not leave them?

My son had all four removed at the same time due to a jaw spacing problem-- but they were cut out and removed long before they ever "came in" and grew roots. It was a general anathesia and the whole thing went pretty well and he didn't have too many problems after ward.

Myself, I've just had one pulled at a time over years as problems developed -- usually one with each pregnancy. Before that, they were fine.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, Vid? My dry sockets just about killed me. It was like giving birth through my jaw.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I only have a few. If Dan is too wise of the mouth, then I am too stupid of the mouth.

But I did have a couple of my teeth pulled, and it didn't really hurt too much more than getting my braces tightened does now. (Not too much)

But, these were both baby teeth that just didn't have adult teeth underneath, so the roots could have already been dead. Maybe I'm a freak of the mouth...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I must be foolish. I never had wisdom teeth.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been told for twenty years or more that my wisdom teeth need to come out. They are impacted, I can feel them, but I make sure to get back there and brush them. So, unless they cause some serious problems, I am leaving them in.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
My wisdom teeth removal had some complications.
My face turned green. (the sides of my jaws) And they swelled to enormous sizes! (I would swear that one jaw is still swollen..but my friends and family tell me I'm just paranoid. *shrug*)
I couldn't do anything but sit around and hold stuff on my jaw to try to make the swelling go down for about 6 or 7 days.
'Twas a nasty business.
But of course, my witty oral surgeon had the answers: "You're mouth's just too small. It will fix itself."
Thanks, man.
And it did fix itself...in about 3 more days. Blahhh

But, my brother had them out a couple years before me, and he was fully recovered in about 3 days with no problems.
He's always been the favorite. [Grumble]

[ January 07, 2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine were a pain. I was in the Army, and the dentist didn't even tell me what he was doing. He had to break my jaw in 3 places to get one of them out.

I never went back. I still haven't, 8 years later. I have 2 reeth that have broken becaue of old fillings breaking apart, and I still think that I will duck the dentist for a few more years.

It's not like they hurt of anything.... [Blushing]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Although I can certainly tell you some horror stories that my friends experienced, I figured it was probably better just to say that my surgery had no compications whatsoever. In fact, I was in good enough shape to drive five hours back to school two days later (end of spring break, I didn't have much choice).

My advice is to follow any instructions your doctor gives you as closely as possible.

I'd also make sure that there really is a reason to have your wisdom teeth out. In most people they're not a problem if they're properly cared for.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I had all four out at once, and I was in the dentist’s office less than 45 minutes. The longest part was waiting for the Novocain to kick in. Didn’t really have any pain afterwards, either. I was eating normal food by supper time.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
When I had mine out in my early 20's, it went smooth as silk except for my coming on to the oral surgeon while I was still under. And repeatedly confessing that being on valium felt exactly like being on my period.

I took percadan for the first few days, but after that I just kept the sockets clean and had no problem with them getting infected or anything.

In a week, they were fairly well on their well to healing and required no additional care. I hope yours goes as well, if not better.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I had mine pulled before I joined the Navy. That's how ya should of done it Kwea. However, the Navy did replace some fillings that were fine to begin with. The ones they replaced I was spitting parts of out 2 days later. Military dentistry sucks. Oh, and my root canal went pretty good too. Had that done before joining.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
You're out of a job? :concerned:

My roots were all wrapped around the nerves, so my lower lip was numb afterward... for six weeks. The dentist couldn't guarantee the feeling would come back, thank goodness it did.

I had to be referred to a special oral surgeon because of the root problem. I wanted my teeth back but only got two, apparently because they had to break the others getting them out. It's the only time I've been under General, and coming back out I was uncontrollably weepy like I was on the rag.

My face swelled up so much I had to put a wad of cardboard on the bridge of my nose or they would rest on my cheeks and hurt. We went and saw 3 dollar movies the day after.

I don't remember much about the meds. Well, right after I remember waking up in the middle of the night and realizing there were still electrode pads glued on my torso, and pulling those off. So I was too out of it to notice them right between surgery and bedtime.

Another funny thing was my jaw muscles locked up and I liked to eat those hostess donettes. The crumb covered ones. I had to cut them into eighths to fit them in my mouth. A couple weeks later this was still going on so my dentist put some spreaders in my mouth and cranked it open by force. And I was good to go.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Will you be under a local or general anesthetic?

I was asleep when they took six teeth (four wisdom, two two of my mouth) out, and I walked out right after that day and, although I was kind of stunned and weirdly giddy I was just fine. The thing with the general anesthetic is that your brain is kind of acting weird anyway so you don't notice stuff like blood and pain. I felt very proud of what I had just had done.

EDIT: I should add that yours should be a breeze. None of mine were actually even growing up; they were just sitting there, so they had to crack my lower ones to get them out (I have the pieces). If yours are coming up fine then it'll be easy!

My skin graft (in front of my lower bottom teeth) was actually more trouble. I had to wash my mouth out at school and it was bleeding like there was no tomorrow and I think everyone in the girls bathroom thought I was dying or something. I stained my hand brown with tea from the tea bags I used to stauch (sp?) the flow of blood. It was very exciting!

For the wisdom teeth, my cheeks swelled up, and a month later they became infected and swelled up again so I was on antibiotics (I'd never been on anything before and in a short period of time I became very good at swallowing pills!) for about twelve days each time, once right after and once after the thingys got infected. Other than that, it wasn't that painful or that annoying. [Smile]

[ January 08, 2005, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a small mouth, so there was no question about getting my wisdom teeth out. I'd already had four bicuspids out when I got braces, because my teeth were just too big for my jaw - I had shark teeth, in rows.

Fortunately, only two wisdom teeth ever came into existence - both on the left side. They weren't coming through the gum yet, and they weren't even very developed. The oral surgeon said afterward that it was particularly hard to get them out for some reason.

I went home after waking up, ignored the prescription pain medication, took a couple of Advil, and ate soft food for a couple days. No swelling, no dry sockets, nothing. Rinsed religiously and kept up my usual insane standard of dental hygiene.

But, I'm usually very good with surgery.

Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
All four of mine became impacted at the same time, causing my face to swell up really bad. Took three weeks to get in with my dentist, who was also my oral surgeon. I was put under general anaesthetic and had huge problems including convulsions. I suspect how it's because I stopped breathing - I have obstructive apnea, which means I stop breathing in my sleep, and with several other surgeries since then involving general anaesthetic, we've now proven that I have major breathing problems as a result of the anaesthetic.

There was no question of me driving myself home - had my best friend pick me up, and then she and my roommate had to help me up the stairs - 4 flights - because I was completely incapable of any activity without assistance.

The dentist had to chip them out because of the way they were in - sideways. But I still say he was great - I had only a bruise on my cheek the size of a nickel, and it was barely there. The swelling went down within 12 hours. I could eat solid food without pain that evening.

However. Because of the swelling before the teeth were removed, I hadn't eaten solid food for three weeks. My stomach rebelled. And painfully so. [Angst]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Your Mileage Will Vary.

Oral surgery experiences occur on a notoriously broad range. It depends on who is doing it, how they are doing it, what they are working on, and how your own body reacts. There are ways to make it more or less likely that you will have a positive experience, but there are no guarantees. Your own dentist or oral surgeon is in the best position to help you figure that part out.

As for my experience, I had 3 wisdom teeth removed (the fourth never formed). I was out of the office within 30 minutes of the last work done on my mouth, and I was spitting blood for about a day. Some prescription pain killers that night but only OTC stuff the day after, as I drove 6 hours to go home for Christmas.

No big problems for me, as it happened.

[ January 08, 2005, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I had four removed, two which were really impacted.

My pain was there, but knocked out by pain killers.

On the other hand, my swelling was unprecedented. I swear, if I had ever thought that my face could reach those proportions, I would NEVER have had those teeth yanked. Even my own mother gasped when she saw me about 3 days after the surgery and they had gotten even LARGER.

But my brother's face didn't swell at all. I think I had a crummy oral surgeon actually. He hit a nerve and since then I've had a tingly sensation in my chin when I bite down. I don't even notice it any more but *checks* yep. It's still there. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky4
Member # 1420

- posted      Profile for Lucky4   Email Lucky4         Edit/Delete Post 
Wisdom tooth extraction was one the most fun days of my life. Seriously.

It was my first experience with general anesthesia, which turned out to exceed my expectations.

Then they actually let me keep my teeth!

My parents had to cut me off from the pain meds after only one dose because although the pain medications are supposed to be sedating, they affected me in the opposite way, and apparently my chipper attitude was a bit wearing.

I was up doing whatever I wanted and eating pizza the next day.

I was much like you in that my teeth came in rather suddenly and late. Just like everyone has mentioned, the fact that your teeth have cut the surface should be a good prognostic indicator.

Best of luck with your insurance and job situations, keep us posted.

Posts: 186 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth yet, though I did feel one moving a couple weeks ago. It stopped, though.

Since I get my x-rays taken every six months, and my dentist has never so much as mentioned my wisdom teeth, I'm hopeful that I'll never have to get them removed.

I have to second Farmgirl's question, though - it was the first thing I thought when I read your post, Dan. Why, exactly, are you having them removed? It just doesn't sound like it's necessary. I would really recommend you ask your dentist why they need to come out, and if there isn't a specific reason, don't do it. Why, when there's no need?

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be getting mine out this coming weekend, so I'll give you my feedback then. [Angst] I hate surgery. Just the idea of it tweeks me out.

quote:
I was put under general anaesthetic and had huge problems including convulsions. I suspect how it's because I stopped breathing - I have obstructive apnea
interesting. My mom thinks I might have sleep apnea... and I was worried about this. How did the dentist deal with your conculsions? Obviously you came out okay...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Vana, I was hopeful of that too, but mine just started coming in when I was 22.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I had all four pulled at once. I was down and out for the count for about 12 hours. I had local anesthesia, went in, got home, slept on the couch, woke up and ate some liquids, went back to sleep, woke up in the morning, couldn't really eat solids but with the pain medication I had, I went to work and did fine.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
at 27, i've still got mine and plan to keep them... unless of course i get offered $$ to have them removed.

seriously, if they don't bother you, leave them in.

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
What are dry sockets?

When I had my wisdom teeth out (2) the best thing I did was to take as much of the painkillers as I was allowed. True, I was seeing and hearing things that weren't there, but at least it didn't hurt much.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leave them in.
Or knock them out youself. (I'm not wise yet, both meanings; so I wouldn't know [ROFL] .)

Jonny

P.S. Was that a bad joke I shouldn't have laughed at?

[ January 08, 2005, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not have a good experience. I had two removed when I was twenty one, and when they wanted me to make and app't for the other two, I said "No thanks, I'll keep them". They came in the same time my oldest cut his molars. I ahve never had a problem with them. For me at least it was way worse then childbirth, depite all the drugs I had with the extraction.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Meh getting them out isn't that bad, really... Basically they put me to sleep, drugged me up, and I don't remember until I was on a wheel chair heading out of the office. The problem that I have is mind numbing drugs I tend to... fight off. The pain came quickly. >_<

It's not too bad really... *Realized he lives in same town as Amka... creepy.*

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have TMJ, 4 impacted wisdom teeth that need to come out, can't have benzodyazipans (sp?) and have no insurance.

My teeth and jaw and gums hurt all the time. [Cry]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin just had 3 wisdom teeth taken out. The first two weren't too bad. Then yesterday he had the 3rd one taken out, and just now he tells me that it still hurts. Apparently the painkiller he's taking also makes him constipated and unable to sleep.

I recently went to see my dentist after a 10 year absence. I had one cavity, but was otherwise healthy mouth-wise. All of my wisdom teeth are fully grown, and the dentist tells me I'm one of the lucky ones who will probably never have to have them taken out. So now I feel justified in scoffing when people reprimand me for not making annual visits to the dentist.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My mom thinks I might have sleep apnea... and I was worried about this. How did the dentist deal with your conculsions? Obviously you came out okay...
Just held me down to stop me from thrashing. That's it. It stopped after ten minutes or something. Hey, it was, like, 20 years ago, or close to. Um, seriously, if you think you have apnea, tell the dentist/oral surgeon/nurses, even though you only suspect it. If you have trouble breathing, the best short term solution is to put you upright so that gravity isn't contributing to the whole throat collapsing thing (assuming that's where your problem is). They should pay attention, see if you have any problems breathing. If you do, then they need to deal with it, but since I'm no doctor, I have no really good advice.

Good luck!

But if you think you have apnea, I urge you to get it checked out at your earliest possible opportunity. Other than suffering from sleep deprivation, depending on the severity of your apnea plus your general health (although it sounds like you're still living at home, so you're probably still young) it can cause heart problems. Leave it for long enough, and it can cause permanent heart problems and even lead to heart attacks. Besides all the rest of the nasty side effects that go along with it.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Sleep apnea is fairly rare in young adults unless they are quite overweight or have huge tonsils. Removing large tonsils often takes care of it, losing weight may help a great deal, otherwise there are other remedies like the CPAP mask that can be used to prevent the long-term damages. But, diagnosis takes a sleep study. Many insurances require some sort of family or friend witness the apnea before they agree to pay for it.

A witness would observe something along the lines of: snore snore snore snore snore snore snore snore snore (silence) ............................ GASP snore snore snores snores snore snore snore (silence) ........................ GASP

[ January 09, 2005, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

yeah, we talked to the doctor about it, and since my Mom said that I've been, not breathing in my sleep I guess, since I was a baby, the doctor thought something was weird about it. I'm going to have a sleep study done sometime this year, but there's a process and paperwork etc, so I won't be able to know before my operation.

We did tell the dentist about it, and he didn't seem too worried, so I assume that he knows what he's doing. Also, I've had teeth taken out by him before, and I was fine, but I didn't know about apnea then, so I guess "ignorance is bliss"

Thanks for the advice!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom is fairly sure that my father has it, and I have a feeling that I do. I'm sure it's somewhat related to being overweight and asthmatic. :/ But mack, ElJay, and dkw could all attest to the fact that I snore. Mack especially.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
To clarify. My sore tooth was due to the fact that one of my wisdom teeth is starting to decay. The other three are in similar situations, or will be. They are so far back in my mouth its almost impossible for a tooth brush to reach back there and keep them clean.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you ask to be asleep? I will have to have mine out before too long and I do not want to be awake.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] [Eek!] [Angst]

Quit scaring me!! My dentist has recommended that I get my wisdom teeth out soon... Now I'm terrified!

[Angst] [Eek!] [Angst]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Asleep seems to be the default. I had to insist rather forcefully to be allowed to stay awake.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

So I've had me teeth out for about two weeks now, and it wasn't that bad. Actually, this time was a lot less painful than the last time I had teeth pulled, but I'm not complaining.

However, one of my other teeth is trying to move over into the space left by the wisdom tooth that was next to it, and wearing my retainers doesn't seem to be helping yet. Did this happen to anyone else? If the retainers don't move it back in a few days I'll call the dentist, but I was wondering if this is normal.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.