FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 24--season 4 (possible spoilers) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 24--season 4 (possible spoilers)
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
can't all the codes be reset? I seem to remember reading somewhere they they have plans for what to do if the football is lost.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a TV show. If an Stealth fighter can shootdown Air Force 1 then a little thing like being able to reset the codes in the nuclear football can be glossed over.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

lol, I guess thats true. I actually figured that he was going to crash his fighter into air force one...but after he started talking about escaping I figured they decided not to go that route. It would have made a little bit more sense though
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
If a fighter does not have air to air missles, what good is it? Does it have a cannon only? Was it not designed for air to air combat? I could understand the stealth bomber not having that type of missle, but why not the fighter?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
When the stealth fighter the reasoning was it wouldn't need an air to air capability, because you can't shoot down what you can't see. Also for you would need radar, think of radar like a beam of light in total darkness, the enemy would instantly know where the plane is.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

So what is it fighting? I guess they never fly during the day then?

If you used heat seaking missles how would that light up the fighter?

mquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
All this does not matter. All that matters is that I was right, biaches! [Evil]

[ April 05, 2005, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: narrativium ]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
It is designed in such a way to reduce it's heat signature. The upshot is it's really hard to shoot down with a heatseeking missile. The stealth fighter only flies at night.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Ok I understand that.

How is it a fighter then? What does it fight with?

msquared

Member # 7476

Well I didn't think they would actually do it. The bad guys this season are pure EVIL
msquared
Member # 4484

Ok some one above said that stealth fighters do not use air to air missles. What do they use? They are a fighter. Fighters fight other planes and shoot them down. What does the stealth fighter use to shoot down other planes.

When someone makes a comment that it was not realistic for the stealth fighter to use air to air missles to shoot down Air Force one, I wish they would say how it would have done it.

msquared

Member # 7476

It's not a fighter really, but we tried to trick the russians into believing it had air-to-air abilities.
Member # 7476

OK, the Air Force now has a new Stealthy fighter plane. It's call the F-22. It's actually a fighter plane with real missiles. did I mention it is stealthy?
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
And now we see the real reason Palmer left office last year. They wanted to kill the president and they didn't want to kill Palmer.

Personally, I'm happy to see Jack and CTU fail occasionally. It makes their victories so much more important. Air Force 1 being shot down is almost as important to the series as Terri's death in season 1.

Predicted season 5 dialog: "You can't protect her. Just like you couldn't protect the President... Or your wife!"

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

My question is what field agent would ever go on a mission with Jack? None of them ever return alive.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony: "Ok Agent Camisaroja, You have a choice. You can go on a field op with Jack or you can Drive Kim to the safe house..."
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

If you don't want spoilers, don't read the IMDb guest appearances list.

C'mon. You know you want to. [Evil]

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

quote:
OK, the Air Force now has a new Stealthy fighter plane. It's call the F-22. It's actually a fighter plane with real missiles. did I mention it is stealthy?
Though, wouldn't it still have problems with radar? As soon as it targeted Air Force 1, they should have been able to track it...and shoot it down.
Member # 7476

That's the cool thing about the F-22. It also has a passive radar detection system. Meaning since Air Force 1 is such a large plan it wouldn't take much to track the returns from ground radar staions. Add in full intergration with AIM-120. Pretty much all you have to do is tell the missile to go the general area, and halfway during its flight it will turn on it's own radar package, making it impossible to dodge. Any further info and I'd have to kill you... [Wink]
Member # 7476

Oh yeah. I forgot. The F-22 also has a Helmet Cueing system. All you have to do is look at the target and a heat seeking missile will fire. No Radar used at all.
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, this season has devolved into PATRIOT Act apologism. Before the torture stuff was entertaining fantasy, now they've turned it into a stupid polemic.

This season seems to be the story of US democracy collapsing into anarchy. Looks like pretty soon they'll have some sort of coup to install Palmer as the new President.

Also, this guy Marwan is insanely powerful. They've killed at least 100 of his flunkies and he always has an endless supply waiting in the wings. And his plan has like 60 phases. wtf?

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

man, that VP is getting ready to have a melt down. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to Palmer in the next episode.
urbanX
Member # 1450

Goodness...could the Prez be any dumber. Let's arrest the person who's saved the country only like 3 times. Great idea.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

Worst kept spoiler....

Palmer is back!

lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so happy that they did not wait till the last 5 seconds to bring palmer back!

24 pleasently surprised me! oops, commercial almost over!

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

GO CHLOE!!!!!

these commercial hangers are as good as any end of the show hangers!

I like Chloe...didn't she look so happy when she got Edgars computer. I am rooting for her! [The Wave]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

Chloe is awesome!

[ April 25, 2005, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: urbanX ]

Lupus
Member # 6516

oh ya, Palmer is back. I can't wait until next week to really see him in action.

I can't believe that the pres had Jack arrested in the middle of an operation to arrest a guy with a NUKE. Man, can you get any more stupid.

lem
Member # 6914

OK,

Chloe with the gun is the single best 24 moment to date! The blood is still racing through me. I was sure they were going to knock her off and I was screaming at the TV.

My love for the show is BACK!!

urbanX
Member # 1450

I'm glad I didn't spoil the ending for you you....It was hard though....
urbanX
Member # 1450

I was thinking Chloe was toast. I mean she was sent on a mission with CTU field agents (in other words dead mean walking.)
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
So there weren't any LAPD that could make it there in less than 10 minutes? Geez, they should have sent Jack; he'd have made it in 5.

I dig Chloe, though. Always have. That was quite bad-a$$ at the end there. This season is all about the contrived situations that don't make a bit of sense but are still wicked cool if you can keep yourself from thinking too much about them.

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

One other thing: Did anyone notice that at 12:59:59 Jack had just hit that guy over the head with his gun and left him handcuffed to his SUV in the parking lot, and then at 1:00:01 he was inside CTU with his hand already bandaged up? If I ever get hurt, I want those doctors working on me.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

Yes, I noticed that....oh well. I guess time is hard to keep track of. Just ask OSC.
lem
Member # 6914

quote:
This season is all about the contrived situations that don't make a bit of sense but are still wicked cool if you can keep yourself from thinking too much about them.
[ROFL]
narrativium
Member # 3230

Well, I would've handed that ending differently.

CU on Paul, then a silent count.

Member # 7476

Spoiler alert for West coast people

Goodness, Jack just killed his girlfriends husband. Wow, that's not a good way to keep a relationship.

Lupus
Member # 6516

(another spoiler for west cost people)
Not only that, but committed at act of war against china. Even for Jack, that is quite an hour.

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta love Palmer though. He's the man.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

I'm so happy he's back. The show wasn't the same without him.
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
So, who else is convinced that Jack Bauer will spend the time between seasons 4 and 5 getting tortured in a Chinese prison?

And who else is pretty sure that nuke is aimed at LA?

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7476

actually I'm pretty sure the bad guys said the bomb would be set off at dawn...east coast time (in the video they made). Well for all the torture Baurer has done in his life it would be fitting.
msquared
Member # 4484

Actually from the rumor I hear that Sutherland may not be back for a 5th season I am thinking that they Chinesse will order a hit on Jack and that the the last scene will be Jack being shot, possibly dying.

I also loved Chloe trying to offer Jack a shoulder to cry on. Those two have got to get together.

msquared

Member # 7476

I'm just waiting to see how Houdi..er Marwan escapes.
lem
Member # 6914

Finally, Jack became a fugitive. I was waiting for this. He is now officially an enemy of America!!! He sacrificed everything and has lost everything.

I bet the next plot will involve the president, or some branch of government, doing something to compromise the ideal/freedom of America, and Jack comes back to clean-up the government.

Wouldn't it be something if season 5 was about Jack trying to assassinate the president?

I wonder if Jack will try to contact his daughter or if she will be allowed to think he is dead.

Lupus
Member # 6516

who else wanted to smack that moron when he told Palmer "You played a role, you played a role."
Member # 7476

I want Jack, or what ever his name will be, to assassinate the prez. I mean what a great thanx for saving millions of lives by having him killed.
Speed
Member # 5162

I loved the Romeo & Juliet plot device they used at the end. Not only did they have the deus ex machina miracle drug that will make you look dead until you inject epi into your heart, but Jack and Tony were able to put together that entire plan, involving the drugging, the fake blood, the shutting down of the security cameras, and everything else involved, within the 15 seconds between the time Jack found out the plot and the arrival of the Secret Service agent.

I hope the next season involves Tony taking over for Jack. Or maybe they could make that chunky computer guy into a field agent and he can be the hero. That dude is cool.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.