FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Weird AND Creepy! Now with landscaping photos on page 5. (Thread drift...) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weird AND Creepy! Now with landscaping photos on page 5. (Thread drift...)
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
*reminds self never to operate a jackhammer when it's chilly out*
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooohhh, I have a pair of single-ball flails hanging by my sword. If you change your mind about those type of weapons, I could loan you one. I've got an axe handle too, but it's got a large steel battleaxe blade attached to it.

And no, Ryan is not allowed to play in that room.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually more concerned about the jarring effects of jackhammers on bosoms that aren't securely latched in their safety harnesses. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm taking the picture down... [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay, I would agree with others that your approach seems appropriate, caution mixed with humor and a sense of your strengths. My only disagreement is with your statement that you aren't that flippin good looking. Your self assurance and centeredness make you radiant. You exude self confidence and a sense of knowing who you are. These things last longer than mere physical beauty. Even weirdos and creeps can be perceptive. Be safe and I would recommend erring on the side of caution as opposed to compassion.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry ElJay. Didn't mean to cause you stress. I've been too close to creepy too many times though and my mind automatically goes to the bad places I know creepy people think about. If you can't think like the creeps, you can't figure out what they are going to do. I guess I've spent too much time figuring out what goes on in their minds. [Frown]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

My money's on the lesbian theory.

Our secret admirer probably has fantasies of wearing thigh-high sexy boots and rescuing LJ from the Mafia.

The lesbian-thing would also explain the quirkiness of the love letter. After all, there's really no socially acceptable way for one woman to approach another with a proposal that they become more than really close friends.

One thing's for sure, our admirer wants to play the dominant role. Good luck teaching her English grammar.

Edit: bad English grammar

[ January 12, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have much to offer that hasn't already been said, but I went through something similar when we had a neighbor that liked to leave threatening letters in our mailbox.

They never outright said he was planning to harm us, but they were full of very creepy, disturbing statements.

The police could do nothing. Eventually, he was put in jail because he threatened the life of a federal judge. We had to turn over all our letters to the FBI and tell them about our experiences with the guy.

Of course, two months later he was back again, and the letters kept coming. [Roll Eyes]

It never got resolved, it was still going on until we finished building our new house and moved.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eljay, I would agree with others that your approach seems appropriate, caution mixed with humor and a sense of your strengths. My only disagreement is with your statement that you aren't that flippin good looking. Your self assurance and centeredness make you radiant. You exude self confidence and a sense of knowing who you are. These things last longer than mere physical beauty. Even weirdos and creeps can be perceptive.
ELJay, I think I know who your stalker is..... [Big Grin]

[Evil]

You HAVE met punwit, haven't you? [ROFL]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I should have been prepared for that. Jeez, you can't even compliment someone without catching some flak. By the way Kwea, I believe you've flirted shamelessly with Eljay much more than I have. Look Eljay, now you have two Hatrackers in the potential stalker pool.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I was thinking it was skillery....
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Kayla, I was kidding. No worries.

So, nothing but a cat wandering through the alley. What a disappointing stalker. I'll watch again around 10, but really, this is the only day I can do this. I have a pedicure at 5:30 tomorrow, and Friday I'm leaving for Hawaii.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You see, he is now trying to deflec the blame to me, a married man you have never met!

Nice try...at least you have met her!

I have teased her, but NEVER flirted with her.

I left that for you to do. [Evil] [Taunt]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Unless I miss my guess, neither of you were around to postmark something from my zip code this weekend, so I'm ruling you both out. Sorry.

And skillery, there are perfectly acceptable ways for women to approach each other. I've had some very well worded propositions from women. I still think a woman would know better than to write a letter like this.

Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
I've had some very well worded propositions from women.
Hmmm... Tell us more.... [Big Grin]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm leaning towards the stupid prank from the creepy security guard theory, myself.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Do you suppose it would be better or worse if I got him removed from our building? I believe I could get him reassigned without him finding out I was behind it.

I think I'll just leave well enough alone...

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the word "pegasus" isn't in the letter so I don't think it's a lesbian. I'm just basing this on my experience, though.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Kwea, [Taunt] you haven't flirted my a**.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I will have to see how one flirts another's a$$.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I sometimes carry a half-filled Nalgene water bottle held by a carabiner (I use one for a keychain) hooked through the loop of the cap. It's heavy, it has a reasonably good range, and it doesn't look like a weapon at all.

Sharp keys and pens are also good for poking into eyes and throats.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

punwit's married too. And I've met his wife, as well as him. She's nice. [Smile] (Not that he isn't.)

Anyway, Kwea, I'm gonna have to go with punwit here. I've heard more from you that sounded like flirting than I ever have from him. I just ignore it.

skillery
Member # 6209

quote:
half-filled Nalgene water bottle
...half filled with ammonia and bleach.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Man, we've got some mean people on this forum.

Hey zgator, what's a single ball flail?

Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Could GQ be a clue that this guy thinks he looks like this month's cover? I have no idea what that would look like. P.S. It also meshes well with my "trying to frame someone else" theory.

[ January 12, 2005, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I'm not mean, just paranoid!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

(I meant the ammonia & bleach part, Shigosei. [Smile] )
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Heh... [Smile] Actually, the problem with putting nasty things in my Nalgene bludgeon is that I usually am carrying the water for the purposes of drinking it. And opening the bottle up to dump it on people would be too hard anyway. Best just to conk them in the head and knock them out.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think it's a mistake to use the plural in reference to Dean Koontz novel(s), as they're all basically the same book.
[Dont Know]

Tom? You haven't read The Bad Place, Lightning, or Coldfire have you?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Tick Tock and Icebound! - both homages to another style, and both well done.

Although he's got beneficent aliens in too many novels now.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I figured that was the case, Shigosei. I'm still leaning towards one of these. They list training classes, but they are only open to law enforcement personnel. There are a couple of training videos, however. A little pricy just for one person, they're probably meant for police departments.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Single Ball Flail

Twin Ball Flail

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[ROFL] A little obvious to be carrying around on a day-to-day basis.
Noemon
Member # 1115

When I was an undergrad I very nearly bought myself a single ball flail. I really, really wanted one, and was standing there cash in hand, ready to buy one from a guy. Then I got to thinking about just how quickly and finally I could hurt myself with one of those, so I went and bought some apple fritters instead.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sure ElJay, but I'll bet it would give your stalker a little more pause than that baton would. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

If it comes down to it, I'm more interested in giving him a concussion than pause.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, that's the problem with the flail--you're likely to give *yourself* a concussion. Or at least I would be. Seriously, I could just see myself bashing in the back of my own skull with one of these.
ElJay
Member # 6358

That would not be a good thing.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I just ignore it.

I noticed that you ignored me when I payed compliments to your appearance. It's nice to see that it's all men and not just me. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] It's not just you. I like you, by the way. You always say interesting stuff.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I've never quite had the guts to call you Stormy, though. You seem kinda prickly sometimes, and I'm not sure I'm cool enough to get away with that.

(Stating a fact, Kwea. Not flirting. [Razz] )

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll watch again around 10, but really, this is the only day I can do this. I have a pedicure at 5:30 tomorrow, and Friday I'm leaving for Hawaii.
*jealous*
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Then I got to thinking about just how quickly and finally I could hurt myself with one of those, so I went and bought some apple fritters instead."

One night in college some guys from town attacked a bunch of our friends on the way in to a bar. (for no reason) One of them had numchuks. He broke his own nose with them.

Edit: probable exaggeration. Bloodied his own nose. Geez, I am getting old and doing that story-enhanceing thing!)

[ January 12, 2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

A drunk suitemate my first year of undergrad was showing off with 'chucks. Let's just say the under the leg pass didn't go so well. [Eek!]

[ January 12, 2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Christy, don't they have nail salons in Wisconsin? *blinkblink*
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara:
quote:
but I know where my Voice is
Dispense with the normal order of training, his safety requires the Voice....

(man do I wish that DVD would play on my machine.... stupid PAL format...)

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
In that respect, a chained flail is much like a light saber -- it would not take long for me to injure myself with one.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

But a light saber wouldn't have to be moved at all to be used as an effective self-defense weapon. Light it up, and anyone will run.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I read a short story just the other day about a light-saber style knife and the trouble it weilded on the world (lacerations all around, basically).
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Damn! I missed it by seconds!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.