FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Weird AND Creepy! Now with landscaping photos on page 5. (Thread drift...) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weird AND Creepy! Now with landscaping photos on page 5. (Thread drift...)
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, Noeman. I saw it. [Big Grin] [Taunt]
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But a light saber wouldn't have to be moved at all to be used as an effective self-defense weapon. Light it up, and anyone will run.
But if I owned one, I would be unable to resist the temptation to play with it. If I were lucky, it would end with the loss of a limb.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So, this is what happens when I go to sleep. One page becomes four. . .

I vote for a wrench. A good sized, comfortable weight for your hands wrench. I always had at least one in my car within hands reach, and various places around the house.

But then, I've had a statistically improbable life. On top of the stalkers, I've also, on two occasions, had a carful of guys try to get into my car while I was driving. I've been followed close to a dozen times - but I always lost them before I got close to home or work or wherever I was going. Had my apartment broken into several times. You know, the usual. [ROFL]

Oh. I just realized. I forgot about a fourth stalker. University. Botany class. That was nasty. [Angst]

Trisha - there is always logic behind my apparently crazy actions. Ya just have to dig a little deeper. [Big Grin] And I'm far safer in Sri Lanka than I ever was in Canada.

Eljay - loved the jackhammer pic. You're a woman after my own heart! And I mean that in a strictly non-stalkerish kind of way.

Edit: One page becomes five. Sheesh. You guys are just too quick for me!

[ January 12, 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
mr_porteiro_head stay away from me with that lightsaber!!! [Angst]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, quid. Wanna see what I replaced the sidewalk with?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if I owned one, I would be unable to resist the temptation to play with it. If I were lucky, it would end with the loss of a limb.
Yeah. I'd probably prune my bushes to death.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Uleeuh-- [Grumble]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay, I'd love to. You mentioned fern bushes. Let me see!!!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wanna see what I replaced the sidewalk with?
I do!

[ January 12, 2005, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Me too actually.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hmmmm, I don't have pictures of the ferns, yet. I meant the sidewalk. Let me pop some up...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, here's some pics showing the project in progress & finished. I don't have a finished picture with all the plantings and stuff, I was waiting for them to fill out a bit first. I'll probably post one this summer.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
A lightsaber would come in right handy for that.

Nice walk - I love good brickwork.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Thank you. My parents were fabulous to help as much as they did. We did the side and front last summer and the back the summer before that. I love the way it looks now.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here is the problem with that....I have never MET ELJay...lol...

And she has said that she has had passes made at her by women....so meeting punwit AND his wife doesn't disqualify either one of them, right?

It only adds one more suspect to the list.
[Evil]

ELJay, make up your mind...either you are too self-depricating, as punwit pointed out (to his expense), or you are so confident that you say I have been flirting with you... [Big Grin]

Make up your mind woman...are you that hot or not???

[ROFL] [Evil]

I just go for the laughs, that's all. Any day I can make someone spit coco on to their screen it has been a good day.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I like! It looks classy. If it were my house, that's what I would do. If I had the brains to think of it, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics after plants are in bloom and looking good. [Smile]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
coco chanel?

ElJay, you can call me whatever you want. (O.K., but it seems kind of awkward. *rim shot* [Razz] )

I am very prickly, and I really have no right to be. I will work harder on not being so prickly and more pleasant to the touch. Satiny, even.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

::Potential Stalker Alert, see post above:::
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Storm, are you rough like sand?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

[ROFL]

Not being a Star Wars fanboy, I've completely forgotten how that line goes. 'This sand is rough, but your skin is smooth'? That doesn't sound right, though.

[ January 12, 2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Storm Saxon ]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
did you look out the window at 10pm or were you too busy putting up pictures for hatrack?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*stalk stalk*
quidscribis
Member # 5124

celery stalk?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Are you taking stalk of me, Quid?
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
stalks and bonds
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Let's stalk about something else, please.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Bondage??
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um. Okay, I had to shell prawns today. And at some point, I need to repair the mosquito net.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
SS, are you saying you want to put a stalking cap on this discussion?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Wow, those are puny mosquitoes. Here in Florida, we have to use mosquito chain link fence.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I'm peeping an eye on you, Liz.

( [Wave] Night.)

ElJay
Member # 6358

AJ, I'm in central, remember... the pics were up before 9:30.

I did look out the window, but only off and on this time. I3 stopped by for a drink and a chat, and we stayed at the kitchen table where I could watch out the window until about 10:30. Didn't see anyone.

Kwea, your post made no sense. You have to meet someone before you can flirt with them? Since when? And punwit never said I was self-depricating, he referred to my "self assurance and centeredness" and said I "exude self confidence and a sense of knowing who you are." Very different. And nobody, myself least of all, has said I'm lacking in self-confidence. So, I don't know where you got that one from, but you'd be a lot funnier if you tracked a little better.

Storm... thank you. But I shall save it for special occasions. [Wink] And really, you can be as prickly as you want to be.

quids... thanks. I'll make sure to remember to put up pics this summer. Hopefully I'll get some of the butterflies in my butterfly garden later in the year.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Sorry, tone is all...and it is lacking here online.

I was kidding, just teasing around really.

No you don't have to meet someone to flirt...it was just a refrence back to the earlier post, trying to joke about punwit being the stalker....sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And the "self-depricating" part was about how you said you weren't "that" hot.... [Big Grin]

I was also saying that there is a difference between teasing someone and flirting, and that I wasn't really flirting with you before...something I hope you had known before that. [Big Grin]

Because some people think that you only flirt is there is interest there...hence me trying to differentiate between the two...

It was suppose to be a joke about being concited in thinking I had been flirting (just a joke too, as you are one of the coolest people I have met here), and trying to make punwit seem guilty again.

You now, it isn't very funny when you have to explain it like this.. [Blushing] [Grumble]

[ January 13, 2005, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

I think we have a difference in definitions... yes, I've always known you weren't flirting seriously, as you are obviously very in love with your wife. It's cute. But just because you're not serious doesn't mean you're not flirting. If you were accusing punwit of flirting, which you were, I have no problem pointing out that you flirt WAY more than he does.

And I knew you were teasing. My point was you weren't doing it well. [Razz]

[Wave] Goodnight!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, at least the whole night wasn't a wasn't a waste..

I now have some hot chick with a jackhammer as my wallpaper.... [Evil]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I've learned from this thread?

Don't aske questions about crime mysteries and social intrigue of people who read too much.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Butterfly garden? OOOOOOOOH! That sounds way way cool. I think I'm jealous. [Blushing]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Annie, that's really funny. If I had honestly been frightened instead of irritated, you're right, this probably wouldn't have helped. Of course, had my attitude been different, the thread may have been too, I suppose.

I'm changing the title... too lazy to have actually started a new thread about the sidewalk last night, so I'll just go with it here. [Big Grin]

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
So.... what happened?

This has been a better cliff-hanger than Lost !

[Smile]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Nothing.

I sat on the phone and chatted with my mom from 4:40 - 5:30, and saw one neighbor going to his car, two go out on their back porches to smoke, one drive through, and one cat.

From 9:40 - 10:30 I hung out with I3 and saw the same neighbor drive through, but that was it.

Boring, boring stalker.

Added: Okay, I'm not complaining. Boring is probably better than exciting, in this case. But it is kinda anti-climatic.

[ January 13, 2005, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Nah, my money's on the cat.
ElJay
Member # 6358

The neighbor was Hilary, who moved in 2 years ago two doors down with her husband. No way it's her.

The cat was kinda cute. Long, orange fur. Stalked well through the snow. [Wink]

Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe your next landscaping improvement should be a mote, you know to help with protection [Razz]

[ January 13, 2005, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Grisha ]

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Or a moat, even. [ROFL]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Can I stock it with screaming eels?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Ooooh! Screaming eels! That's so cool!

And just one more reason for me to be jealous of Eljay. [Grumble]

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be so cool to have a drawbridge as your front door.

This moat might take a few more weekends than your sidewalk though.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know Eljay, if you moved to Australia I could be your stalker.

I'd be a *good* stalker - I'd bring champagne and nail polish. On the proviso we shared. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think the tone of this thread would have been much different if you have beed scared, ELJay.

Although it still would have died a fluffy death....after all isn't that your specialty? [Big Grin]

Kwea

ElJay
Member # 6358

Ooooh, champagne and nail polish! My favorite kind of stalker!

Kwea, yeah, I know. But it's really served a good purpose for me, besides the fact that I like fluff. Bravado aside, this freaked me out a little, and y'all provided a good distraction when I needed it. (Home alone at night.) It doesn't seem as chicken sitting here chatting with people as it would have had I actually called someone to come over and keep me company, but it is almost as comforting.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.