FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I would like all of you to welcome Tink to Hatrack :) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I would like all of you to welcome Tink to Hatrack :)
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
You might remember Porter and I talking about Maria, his cousin, my best friend, who introduced us and who was so instrumental in both our lives. And I am so happy to introduce you to her! [Smile]

Welcome to Hatrack, Tink! [Wave]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
All your post are belong to us. [Evil]

[Wave] Hi there.

[ January 12, 2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Tink! [Wave]

I do believe in fairies!
*claps*
I do believe in fairies!
*claps*
I do believe in fairies!
*claps*

Dagonee
Edit: That's the problem with cut and paste - you spell it wrong once, it's spelled wrong forever. When is someone going to make an in-line spell-check for firefox?

[ January 12, 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe in spelling!

*claps*

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Tink?

You there?

[ January 12, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: mr_porteiro_head ]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome and happy posting!

[Party]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Twinky!=Tink [No No]

Aw man, you edited.

[ January 12, 2005, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When is someone going to make an in-line spell-check for firefox?
On a related note, are there any firefox extensions that make posting on UBB forums easier? Perhaps keys for itallics, bold, etc.?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
She must be shy...

*lures tink out with candied walnuts*

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quetzalcoatl the Burninator
Member # 7261

- posted      Profile for Quetzalcoatl the Burninator   Email Quetzalcoatl the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
**burninates tink**
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
On a related note, are there any firefox extensions that make posting on UBB forums easier? Perhaps keys for itallics, bold, etc.?
Yes, it's called the BBCode Extension. Also, Paste Quote is incredibly useful.

Neither is WYSIWYG, though, they simply insert the tags.

Hmmm...a popup WYSIWYG editor for BB codes with spellcheck.

I'd pay for that one.

Dagonee

[ January 12, 2005, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, tink!!
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not shy! I'm just trying to post here and there, and didn't even realize this existed. Thanks, "Beverly." (;

This looks like a really fun place to be! I appreciate the welcomes! (And is there any chance you could change the candied walnuts to chocolate? That works every time!)

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

Oh, and I have to ask SarcasticMuppet about your user name, since I collect Muppets. (:
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Mmmmmm....

*remembers SM's candied walnuts*

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Howdy, cuz!

Now you have yet another way to waste time on the computer!

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tink. Seems you are good at introductions, eh?
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Tink!

Did you see the new version of Peter Pan yet? I thought it was great.

You were in it...just thought I would let you know... [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Tink! Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

IIRC, sarc mup got her name because a parallel was drawn between her and Waldorf and Statler once when she was heckling/harrasing a classmate.
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Backwards smilies. That's novel.

*waves at tink* --> [Wave]

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Tink, If you do not already have one, I suggest you get a seatbelt for your computer chair. This place offers quite a wild ride. Then again, after drinking 3 or 4 Mello Yellos, everything seems so green anyway. Or maybe it is purple/green...?

*Makes personal note to self to drink less soda*

But welcome to Hatrack and may all your paths to here be easily trodden and without delay.

[ January 12, 2005, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 

[ January 12, 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Nato ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there! Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

Porter, thanks for indulging my curiosity. (: I had a feeling it might be something like that.

Kwea, I have seen the new Peter Pan - I liked it a lot - the actor they chose for Peter was PERFECT!

Amka, I've never considered myself a matchmaker, but for a few years there it seemed that almost every random introduction I had a part in, ended up in a relationship! I should have started a business . . . (;

Boy, threads move fast around here!!! Fun place! Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Tink. Any friend of mr_porteiro_head's is a friend of beverly's. Er, I mean any friend of mine is a... no, wait, that's not right either. Any friend of Tink's is... um....

San Dimas High School football rules!

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

All of your wildest dreams will come true if you vote for me.

Just so you know.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Yes. While Tink introduced bev and I, we hooked up by ourselves. She never played matchmaker.

And it's a good thing. It would be a shame if I had avoided bev just because Tink was trying to foist her on me.

Tink
Member # 7267

Oh, and about the backwards smilies . . .

When I first got a computer, and e-mail, it was not the norm, so I wasn't familiar with the standard icons that are now such a part of online culture. I used smiley faces in my real-life writing, so I transferred them to my online writing.

I think Porter was the first one to tell me I was "wrong." My response was - and still is - if you take a smiley face and put it on its side, how can one way be "wrong" and one "right?" It's on its side either way! (;

beverly
Member # 6246

She openly acknowledged that she had no intention of matching the two of us. Though I don't think she minded that it happened....
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
San Dimas High School football rules!
[ROFL]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought so too, and Wendy was perfect too. I love the fact that they went back towards the original feel, and away from the Disney version where it is all just an adventure for the kids.

I bought it, and we have watched it several times already.

Dag, I use Spellbound, and it works very well, although the vocabulary in is isn't great at first.

Now if I could jsut remember to use it all the time before hitting "post"...lol..
Kwea

[ January 12, 2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

It could be wrong. Given the fact that we read from left to right and top to bottom, one would think that "reading" the smiley face from left to right should produce a top-to-bottom mental image, or eyes before mouth.

That's just my opinion. :-)

[ January 12, 2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: PSI Teleport ]

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I do believe in fairies!

*looks over at fairy and grins evilly*

I don't believe in fairies.

*laughs and twirls mustache as fairy keels over*

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Given the fact that we read from left to right and top to bottom, one would think that "reading" the smiley face from left to right should produce a top-to-bottom mental image, or eyes before mouth.
Ooh! Good point!
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I echo porter's sentiment on the quotage. I actually clapped.

Welcome Tink!

I never knew the derivation of Sarcastic Muppets name. Some minion I am turning out to be.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

[Wave] [Hail]
Bad Minion!

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tink!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you just hate it when people aren't on AIM, but you know they're online because you see them posting?
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Yeah, I know I really hate that.
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the 'rake Tink. [Hat]

Edit: And by rake I meant 'Rack. Dang it, I've been playing way too much poker.

[ January 12, 2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk of reverse smilies makes me miss coil.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Don't you just love it when the right people pick up your not-so-subtle hints? [Wink]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna say the same thing, Pop.

Welcome, Tink.... I like your name ^^

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

Hmm . . . okay, maybe my smilies ARE wrong. (Maybe.) But either way, it's an eight-year habit that probably won't change now . . . though I do like to use emoticons when appropriate and if I like them enough. Like this one. [The Wave]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Spell Checking! Woohoo!

Thanks, guys. I haven't looked for extensions outside the Firefox site itself. This is great!

digging_holes
Member # 6237

I like your backwards smilies. It's original.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Given the fact that we read from left to right and top to bottom, one would think that "reading" the smiley face from left to right should produce a top-to-bottom mental image, or eyes before mouth.
I read this before I saw who'd written it, and was astounded when it wasn't Trisha. This is such a classic example of the way her mind seems to work. I'm not surprised you clapped Trisha! [Smile]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All this talk of reverse smilies makes me miss coil.
Heya Pop. (;
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.