FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I would like all of you to welcome Tink to Hatrack :) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I would like all of you to welcome Tink to Hatrack :)
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I forgot! Welcome to Hatrack Tink! I'm Porter's evil* twin, Noemon.

*for the moment. He lost "the moustache"** on another forum in a display of dazzling innocence.

**so called because it's a well known fact that the evil twin always has a moustache.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Tink! Hope you have a great time here.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Coil!!!
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, tink. I never got a 2-page thread devoted to me in my first week. *thumbs up* [Big Grin]

Oh, and Cool!Boris gave me my very first muppet plushie for Christmas. It's Fozzy. So I now have a collection of one! *hugs Fozzy mentally*

[ January 12, 2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Heya, Tink.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee -- thanks for those firefox extensions. Do you know of any that work with key bindings instead of contextual menus?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, sorry. I find I don't use the BBcode one as much as the Paste Quote one.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Tink! [Smile] If you're related to (not to mention a friend of) beverly and mph, you are bound to be Cool People. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] hey Tink, nice name!! Welcome!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah! Newbies!

Who needs 'em?

We don't need no stinking newbies.

Outsider. Go away. Shoo.

Who invited you here?

You'll never fit in. You'll never be popular.

I don't believe in fairies anyway.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Hi, Tink. Feel free to kick Icky in the rear whenever he gets like this, he just needs a little "fine-tuning" now and again. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
welcome tink! [Hat]

I am new here as well and am finding it almost impossible to keep up with the speed of posts...lol [Eek!]

Nicole

[ January 13, 2005, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: BotaLadyG ]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to you, BotaLadyG! [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Nicole, one day you'll have to explain your screenname to me. I noticed your kind and compassionate presence in Mrs. M's thread and I wanted to let you know that I'm glad you're here. [Smile] Don't worry about keeping up with the speed. I've never been able to read all the threads. I do hope you stick around though!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Coil! Welcome back, dude!

And welcome to Tink too!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
San Dimas High School football rules!
I love you, Moose.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tink! [Wave]

I'm Raia. I adore both beverly and mph, I think they're awesome wonderful people, and I'm sure that you are as well! Welcome to the board. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome! [The Wave]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I tink I didn't welcome you yet. Welcome, Tink! [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiyas!!!!!!!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tink! [Wave]

Welcome!

(I haven't figured out what 'DFW' is for your location, however)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tink !
Did you ever read the Loisel version of Peter Pan ? It's a little hard, but I really love it.

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Wow, what nice people (except you, Icarus - just kidding - you made me laugh!). Farmgirl, DFW stands for the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas. I'm just too lazy to type it all out. (;

Oh, and Anna, I haven't yet read that version of Peter Pan - thanks for the recommendation; I'll have to check it out!

[ January 13, 2005, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Tink ]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh cool! Then you can be part of our DallasCon this spring!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* I must have been checking airline ticket prices too much lately -- I knew what DFW was without thinking. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
First book of Loisel's Peter Pan at amazon.com and the French cover.

[ January 13, 2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

Thanks for the link, Anna! That looks cool!

Farmgirl, I have seen the thread about the Dallas Con, but felt it would be a little hasty of me to jump in on that since I just signed up yesterday. (; Hopefully by the time it rolls around we'll all know each other better!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Tink, hasty? I'm planning DallasCon, and I've been on Hatrack 3 1/2 mos.! We'd love to have you, and anyone else who wants to come but feels they're not "active" enough or they're too "new".
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
kq -- you've only been here that long? For some reason it seems like much longer.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
He meant that in a good way. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

Thanks, KQ! (Do you really love ketchup?) It's great that you're taking on the planning of the con! I think it sounds like fun! (:
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, I really love ketchup. It actually seems like I've been here longer to me, too...
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack time is like doggie time. You know, one doggie year equals seven human years. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

"Hatrack time is like doggie time. You know, one doggie year equals seven human years."

I don't know about that, but I do know that I have accomplished virtually nothing useful today (unless you count making pirate ships out of fridge boxes for my son's birthday party on Saturday), as I'm spending all my time reading through some really intriguing discussions here! (:

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Tink and also to BotaLadyG. I think that y'all are a great addition to Hatrack.

Go Steelers.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
kq -- you've only been here that long? For some reason it seems like much longer.
I thought you'd been here much longer, too.

But then, you got here just before we got internet again, so by the time I finally got connected, you were happily posting away and acting like you owned the place. I'm easy to fool. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tink!

[Wave]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.