FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Tom Davidson Humour Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Tom Davidson Humour Thread
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
j/k [Wink]
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
TomD has a sense of humor? [Dont Know]

oh j/k

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
So three Tom Davidson's walk into a bar...
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dag - Put a j/k [Wink] on that, boy! Pronto!
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
TITLE IS REGISTERED TRADEMARK. ANY EXPLICIT USE OF TERMINOLOGY, SEMANTICS, MORPHOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT OR SYNTAX AND STRUCTURE OF ORIGINAL TITLE POSTED BY JONATHAN HOWARD IS A DIRECT, OFFICIAL VIOLATION OF THE UNSPOKEN COPYTIGHT. ANY VIOLATION OF IT IS REGARDED AS ABUSE OF THE REGISTERED TRADEMARK AND MISUSE OF ITS PURPOSES. J/k!!!!

Anyway, I guess my titles are popular?

Don't take this seriiously, Papa Moose! If TomD has a sense of humour, I can have an eccentric one as well!

[ January 13, 2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
So what do you do to keep TomDavidson occupied for a long time?

(Crowd is silent)

You put him in a round room and tell him to sit in the corner!! [Big Grin] [Evil] [Evil Laugh] [ROFL] [Laugh] [Razz] [Smile]

J/K...............Tom you're a great guy........so don't take that personally......... [No No]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
*blinks*

Have we cut back the dobies recently? Usually new folk are honored to be dobied.

So much yelling...

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you put him in a round room, tell him there are no corners, and watch how he convinces you that there are.

[ January 13, 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
dobies? dobied...........now I am confused [Confused]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, ladyday, nice to see you! [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
dobies? dobied...........now I am confused
Lurking a bit helps on these issues.

And, hey Billie!

Leslie and Billie have come out to play today. [Smile]

[ January 13, 2005, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You put him in a round room and tell him to sit in the corner!!
That's a Jewish Persian joke!

Q: "How do you drive a Persian nuts?"
A: "You put him in a round room and tll him there's a shekel in the corner."

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
As a published writer, I fear that I -- from a literary forum such as Hatrack -- expected the jokes to be of substantially higher quality than those so far displayed.

j/k [Wink]

Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Again, you criticise Hatrack Fun; all you ever want is the intellect, no?

J/k! [ROFL]

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So what do you do to keep TomDavidson occupied for a long time?
I suggest that you register a new screen name and post inflammatory remarks. Tom's expertise as a troll identifier can be exploited to provide hours of make work. [Wink]

[ January 13, 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Did he do his PhD on trolling?
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, you put him in a round room, tell him there are no corners, and watch how he convinces you that there are.
This is true.

[Grumble] [Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

We must keep this on the top of the list, for Tom to see!
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think it's actually:

You put him in a round room, tell him there are corners, and watch how he convinces you there aren't.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Why tell him there are corners? He knows what we think anyway.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
You put Tom in a round room, and he will point out the corners where the round wall meets the floor or ceiling, then explain that your view of "round" is limited, and what you probably meant to do was put him in a spherical room, but he has no reason to believe you have a spherical one to put him in, and even if you did it would be silly shape for a room and he wouldn't want to live there.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladyday! I was just thinking about you today!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

The Lady of The Day.

WHERE IS TOM? TWO THREADS FOR HIM AND HE'S AWAY!

Ahhh... Papa, why did you write "humoUr" in the title, to integrate with mine?

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I was aiming for bold with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretention.
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Is it really that subtle, or are you just making that up?
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
And a nice sprig of parsely.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Rotten (faulty) Basil as well...
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
*sings*

Lady Day's got diamond eyes...
She sees the truth behind the lies

Sorry, that just gets stuck in my head whenever I see your name.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[ROFL] Tom's probably smart enough to do that, too.

quote:
That's a Jewish Persian joke!

Q: "How do you drive a Persian nuts?"
A: "You put him in a round room and tll him there's a shekel in the corner."

Watch the Jewish Persian jokes...I'm both [No No] [Wink]
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not much into the Tom Davidson humour. I'm a blood man myself, though in a pinch black bile will do.

[ January 13, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Verily the Younger ]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Davidson humor:
quote:
It's a little known fact that we managed to beat the Russians to the moon by using a cheat code.
quote:
I'm not Kama's programmer. In all honesty, if I were, she would post more pictures in less clothing.
quote:
*points up to Christy's post*
She's been doing that all week. We drove past this gorgeous A-frame a block or two down, and --WHAM: houseboat.

I can't stop her.

Ni!
Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was aiming for bold with a hint of sophistication and lacking in pretention.
So you were going for Meg Ryan?

Somehow i don't get that from the thread title.

j/k [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
TomD himself never replied in this thread! [Frown]

And here I thought Papa Moose's last post -- his description of Tom in a round room -- was so right-on-the-money that surely Tom would have a comeback reply for it!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Grin, knowing Tom do you actually expect him to post in a thread dedicated to him? I don't.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
He wouldn't want us to know he craves the attention. j/k [Wink]
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Knowing Tom, do you expect him to desire to bestow any sort of credibility on a Dobie thread?

[ January 14, 2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I thought the other one was the dobie. Oh well.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

PSI, you thought I would spell humor that way on purpose?

And Leonide, thank you for recognizing the reference. As long as one person does, I feel ok about myself.

--Pop

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Eh, you never know.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"WHERE IS TOM? TWO THREADS FOR HIM AND HE'S AWAY!"

Jonathan, if you want Tom's attention, just email him. He is very nice, and you will get more out of him than you are getting here, I bet.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't forget he's already married.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Tom seems to be studiously avoiding this thread. [Razz]

And Elizabeth, I emailed Tom once and he never answered me.
[Cry] [Wink]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm secretly very shy.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, you are a good secret keeper! ha ha.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Tom Davidson humor:
I didn't see a single "j/k [Wink] " in that lot, so I don't buy it.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm secretly very shy.
Which does not explain why you drove 100 miles at the drop of a hat to kiss a woman you'd never met.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Duh! It's a secret!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
A very, very well kept secret.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody got my joke? I guess humour humour is too subtle.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm secretly very shy. j/k [Wink]

There, fixed that for you.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.