FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why I really hate Dora the Explorer (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Why I really hate Dora the Explorer
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing counts coming from you, Verily. You preferred Beakman to Bill Nye! [Mad]

( [Razz] )

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Only because I knew Beakman first.

I also preferred Colonel Potter to Colonel Blake. I laugh at those who say otherwise! [Taunt]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I remember from Beakman was that there was a segment on digestion or swallowing or something, and Beakman was like "I need a bunch of saliva to show you this on this life-sized model," and the rat guy handed over a large jar of what was supposed to be spit. Eeewww. I didn't like Bill Nye because from about sixth grade on whenever a science teacher didn't feel like teaching they would put in a Bill Nye video.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Imagine Wishbone saying "The enemy's gate is down".
[ROFL] I love Wishbone.

Oh, my favorite has to be Zooboomafoo. The Kratt Brothers don't talk down to kids, they learn lots about nature with some ecological awareness thrown in, plus it's NOT a cartoon. (No other reasons, of course [Blushing] )

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The only one I loved was Reading Rainbow, but I was always very confused about how Geordi could see.
::suddenly feels very, very old::

-o-

I always wondered how Kunta Kinte got free . . . and how he got into space, for that matter . . .

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisha-princess
Member # 6966

- posted      Profile for Lisha-princess   Email Lisha-princess         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I just mention the fact that I hated Eureka's Castle? I don't remember why exactly, but I hated it to the point of hysterics if I had to watch it. *shudders*

Annie-- I don't know how people survived their childhoods without Zoobilee Zoo. Actually, most of what I remember about it is loving it dearly, I don't remember a lot about the show itself. I was only a year old when it aired, so we must have rented the episodes. PLus, I always get it confused in my head with the episode of the Cosbys when Olivia makes a make-believe world where she's the bossy princess, or something like that. I do remember Talkatoo Cockatoo though, and I was a big fan. :-)

Posts: 119 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes yes yes yes yes, Ben Vereen was on that! He was a leapard or something

By the way, it was Rudy that made up that world. *nerd*

[ January 16, 2005, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Does anyone remember Pinwheel? It's one of those really vague, very young memories. All I remember is the theme song ("Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my pinwheel and see what I've found...") and a little cartoon short where these rabbits would spin their ears around like helicopters and fly around.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(No other reasons, of course [Blushing] )
Ho, ho, ho! I hear ya sister. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I remember Pinwheel! But does anyone remember a show called "Readalong"? I have even done internet searches for it and found *nothing*. There was a character named "Boot". I was pretty young, and I don't remember a lot. It was my first exposure to "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar".

Edit: Strangely enough, I did a search just now and did find out that it was a Canadian show. There was Granny and Pretty too....

*goes to look some more*

Found *a* site: Readalong

[ January 16, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Ooo, for those of you who absolutely *loved* "The Great Space Coaster", check out this site! It has some video clips that will really take you back. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

You know what else was great? Slim Goodbody!

*slinks into pure nostalgia mode*

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pinwheel taught me that if I start talking entirely in rhyme I should say the word "orange" over and over.
You know what's one of the best shows ever? The Magic School Bus.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know what else was great? Slim Goodbody!

*slinks into pure nostalgia mode*

YES!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"::suddenly feels very, very old::
I always wondered how Kunta Kinte got free . . . and how he got into space, for that matter . . . "

ha ha ha!!!

Oldtimer her laughing her buns off.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I think I had a crush on Mr. Goodbody. Ick. How sick and wrong is that?
Annie
Member # 295

Well Bev, at least we know your love wasn't just skin-deep. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.