FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Explosion of Creativity

Author Topic: Explosion of Creativity
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Recently, my son Tanner was born. Since he entered my life I can't remember what it was that drove me to "do" before. I can't remember what it was that made me want to get up and earn a buck or two. It makes sense because my entire married life has been centered around him. When it wasn't him it was the hope or desire to have someone like him. But, I've drifted.

Ever since he's been alive, I've felt more alive. I've been able to create more things than I ever thought possible. I guess to say it in as few words as possible, I've had an explosion of creativity. I sat down last night and made preliminary drawings for a book I found myself writing for Tanner on Sunday night. I normally can't stand drawing, granted I'm not half bad (I'm just a perfectionist and hate making mistakes). But, I sat drawing last night and actually enjoyed looking at my drawings. I actually thought they were cute. I've never been happy with my own work before this. This is huge.

-scottneb-

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaz_King
Member # 3184

- posted      Profile for Chaz_King   Email Chaz_King         Edit/Delete Post 
So huge it takes three posts!

Edit: make that 4

[ January 18, 2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Chaz_King ]

Posts: 232 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, my browser goofed. (Stupid Microsoft). [Wink]
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott - You should scan some of your drawings and upload them to your foobonic account.

I'd love to read your story for your son. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You've found your audience.

And be careful about uploading drawings if you want to try to publish this book - some publishers won't go for "previously published" work.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
That's great, scottneb. Having a child sometimes reveals your connection to the rest of the human race.

[ January 18, 2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.