FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Update: I'm halfway real now! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Update: I'm halfway real now!
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay called me yesterday afternoon and we arranged to meet this evening for drinks and pupus. I guess I'll be halfway real. I made sure to bring my camera with me to "document" it all...

[ January 20, 2005, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: maui babe ]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
*wildly jealous*

Make sure she flounces for you. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, pictures. I believe she mentioned bikinis . . .

[Wink]

More seriously, hope you have a fun time, hope ElJay's having a fun time, and happy progression to almost real [Smile]

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

ElJay flounces... [Angst]

What does that MEAN?

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you take pictures of it and then show us?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
pupu = appetizers?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
For a second there I thought you were going to gather immature butterfly.

Have a great time with your pupus.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Have a great time, Maui Babe!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the same thing as a pu pu platter in Chinese restaurants?
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

Pupus are fingerfoods, usually, but not always asian foods, like wontons and egg rolls.

Here in Hawaii, it's used as a synonym for appetizer I guess.

Well, it's Pau Hana, so I'm out of here....

maui babe
Member # 1894

I just got home from meeting with ElJay and her friend Claudia. We had a lovely visit and a nice dinner. We took a couple of pictures (sorry, no bikinis tonight), but I don't know how to post them here, so you'll have to wait for ElJay to do it.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I belive you just post them to foobonic (dot) com.....

I posted it here that way so that spam harvesters can't get the site name..

If you go there you can view all sorts of pics of hatrackers.

Also, Jamie (mackillian) has a site with a lot of pics too...that is madowl (dot) com.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm caterpillars. Finger likkin' good. [Big Grin]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(sorry, no bikinis tonight)
I felt something -- as though the voices of all men of the world cried out in anguish, and then were extinguished.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if we can get Claudia to join, you can be really, really real.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Or she could meet Zotto! at some stage, who's an island or two over.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
For a second I thought you were talking about New Zealand. Silly me.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

No, Zotto! is in Hawaii somewhere. Just not Maui.
twinky
Member # 693

Real.

There are really only two rungs on the realness scale: "not real" and "real." [Razz]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I think I started real, since I know both DKW and ElJay.

Does it count if they're siblings? [Confused]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

As far as I know, yes. You, sir, have been real all along. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be a restaurant where I grew up called the Pu-Ping Palace. They always advertised a special on the Pupu Platter.

Amazingly enough, they were in business for at least 15 years, and only closed when the owner retired.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

maui babe was so sweet, and we had lots of fun at dinner. What she neglected to mention is that she brought us leis, to make sure we were properly welcomed to the island! I managed to resist posting a "Finally got leied in Hawaii" thread when we got back last night. [Smile]

I don't think I can access my web space from this computer, or at least it would be a big hassle, but if it's okay with maui to post the picture I'll go ahead and send it to ludosti to put on foobonic.

Claudia has met 8 hatrackers in person now, I believe, so if she registered she would indeed be real, and so would maui babe. But I'm not sure if she's going to do that anytime soon, so for now maui will have to stay hovering just short of reality. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(sorry, no bikinis tonight)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt something -- as though the voices of all men of the world cried out in anguish, and then were extinguished.

Well, it may not seem cold here to youse guys, but it IS winter here you know. Seriously, you think I wanna sit around in a bikini when it's only 63 degrees out?????
ElJay
Member # 6358

As a Minnesotan, I will note that yes, I would hang around in a bikini when it's only 63 out. As a matter of fact, I have worn a bikini every day I've been here so far.

However, I do not generally wear bikinis out to dinner. [Razz]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, you wanna go out to dinner when you get back?

quote:
However, I do not generally wear bikinis out to dinner.
Oh, never mind.

[Taunt]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey, I think I started real, since I know both DKW and ElJay.

Does it count if they're siblings? [Confused]

quote:
ElJay, you wanna go out to dinner when you get back?

quote: However, I do not generally wear bikinis out to dinner.

Oh, never mind.

Am I the only one getting squicked out?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Yes. The rest of us are massively amused. [Big Grin]
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Quid, you do know that ElJay and I are old friends, right? That's kind of the point of that first post, you see.

[ January 20, 2005, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Sure, I3, how about Fuja Ya? I think I have a gift certificate...

Oh, wait... if I'm neverminding, guess I have to take someone else...

[Wink]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Oooh, what awfully tasteful and generous person gave you a gift certificate to a fine restaurant like Fuji Ya? Must be a heck of a friend.

Either that or someone squicky. [Grumble]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Yep, one or the other. *nodnod*

Sooooo, how was San Diego? E-mail me if you don't want to post it. I've been wondering.

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

I hear Monday whether I'm going to San Diego. I'll email you the recap I wrote for some other friends.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Whoa. That's soon.

I'll cross my fingers for you.

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Yeah, then it's two weeks plus move time to get out there. If we agree Monday, I'll be in sunny San Diego by Valentine's Day. We might have to use that certificate quick.

Very scary. But fun to think about.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*blink* Potential addition to the SoCal clump? Cool!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are really only two rungs on the realness scale: "not real" and "real."
There are only two rungs on the Hatrack scale: Those who mix their metaphors, and those who don't. [Wink]

quote:

Well, it may not seem cold here to youse guys, but it IS winter here you know. Seriously, you think I wanna sit around in a bikini when it's only 63 degrees out?????

My gawd. If it were 63 degrees out tomorrow, I'd strip down to shorts and a T-shirt immediately after getting home from work and sit out on the lawn with a nice cold drink. And the only purpose of wearing that much would be out of respect for the neighbors. You call 63 degrees winter? I don't know whether to point and laugh at you, or go sit somewhere and cry silently out of pity that I can't be so spoiled.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
ELJay, you know, about that bikini stuff...without pics, how do we know if you are telling the truth about wearing them every day...

[Big Grin]

That is me, always looking for documentation....just ask BC.. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katie DeShane
Member # 7026

- posted      Profile for Katie DeShane   Email Katie DeShane         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels left out* [Cry]

why do I see the majority of HRers being from the West Coast or in Midwest America?

There's bound to be hatrackers besides the Cards themselves in North Carolina.. I even had to start up a local NC chapter of Meetup for OSC/Hatrack fans [Grumble]

Just stinks cos everyone I know or meet.. I tell them about EG or OSC and his works and they all look at me like [Confused] or worse.. [Laugh]

That usually hurt me growing up.. even the scifi geeks I went to school.. no one knew of OSC. It made me feel really alone and sad.

So now I get here... and most of my OSC peers live so far away *tears up again* *sigh*

It's ok.. I'm just having a truly girly girl moment.. not like me usually [Wink] I'll try and keep it under tabs [Big Grin]

Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Alaska.

Next time you tear up, cry me a river. Then I can get a boat and travel down that river to where some people live. 'Cause I'm lonely up here.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I3, for whatever reason, the first few times I read that, I thought you were saying you were also their sibling. [Dont Know] This time, I read it, and it looks like you were saying that they were siblings to each other, not to you. So I was getting squicked out by the possibility of a brother . . . Anyway, I think you have the picture now. [Wall Bash] And I think I feel better about life.

Katie, I live in Sri Lanka. Other than my husband, who's posted here probably only a dozen times total, the nearest hatracker to me is either in Israel or Australia. So [Taunt]

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm probably going to not exist for quite a while [Smile] Not too many Jatraqueros/Jatraqueras around me... [Cry]

edit: Woohoo! 800 posts!

[ January 21, 2005, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Boris ]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Boris, where are you?
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Eastern Idaho [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, I wore a bikini to dinner once. I even cooked the dinner wearing the bikini.

Those were the times [Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Frisco is in Idaho, Boris. He could make you a real boy [Wink]

I love Idaho -- been up there to visit a few times.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

quote:
He could make you a real boy
[Eek!]
[Monkeys]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

quote:
Just FYI, I wore a bikini to dinner once. I even cooked the dinner wearing the bikini.

[Monkeys]

[ January 21, 2005, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Kama
Member # 3022

What?!

[Razz]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.